1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 292
mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/29/20 7:39 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

Minor wins and rants here, but overall a win. No Christkindlmarket this year because 2020, so we picked up the Glühwein, cinnamon sticks and orange for peel. Heated it up gently, and then I attempted the careful pour from the saucepan. 

Still, enough made it into our mugs. While I don't generally enjoy wine, this is the business. Overall, minor win.

That stuff is nasty. There, I said it for everyone. 

How is it on a scale of one to Malört?

(I kinda like Malört and tonics)

Malort is a bad joke you play on unsuspecting friends. This E36 M3 is a solid 2 on a scale of 1-malort.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/29/20 8:03 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

Minor wins and rants here, but overall a win. No Christkindlmarket this year because 2020, so we picked up the Glühwein, cinnamon sticks and orange for peel. Heated it up gently, and then I attempted the careful pour from the saucepan. 

Still, enough made it into our mugs. While I don't generally enjoy wine, this is the business. Overall, minor win.

That stuff is nasty. There, I said it for everyone. 

How is it on a scale of one to Malört?

(I kinda like Malört and tonics)

Me? I like it more than Malört, and I like Malört very much. 

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/20 8:19 p.m.

My win. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
11/29/20 8:25 p.m.

I bought a semi legal, completely uncompetitive, vastly over powered Ecotec class 5 unlimited bug. Well took it in trade for some cash off my Viper. I have no idea what I am going to do with it except use it to go down to Baja and surf with my friends and do stupid things like put race slicks on it and run it autocross for E36 M3s and giggles. 

The engine can also be used in a 904 kit car not that I am thinking about that as well.  Now how can I get 100 gallons of E85 delivered to the house.  

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/29/20 10:12 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

If you've not watched Rebels, you should. And like 1/4 of Clone Wars. The expanded universe is where it's at. The skywalker saga is great, but it's just a small part of the bigger story. 

I very much enjoyed the Extended Universe before Disney screwed it up.

Well....at least til the yuuzhan vong

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/29/20 11:01 p.m.

This happened and arrives at my house tomorrow:

That is Opel GT unobtanium. Passenger side headlight mechanism. $75 shipped or something. Only other place I found one was in the Netherlands and they wanted 200 euro plus shipping.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
11/30/20 5:34 p.m.

Speaking of Unobtainium parts I found a brake booster that goes on a 2.3 Courier for sale for $20 on the FB group. I have seen exactly one Brake Booster on a Courier online, ever, and one on a REPU in the junkyard (online). Very excited to be joining the "elite" ranks of factory style brake booster Couriers, for dirt cheap!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/20 7:22 p.m.

Upgraded Lappy10 from 4 gigs of memory to 8 gigs and didn't fry anything.

The last time I tried to upgrade memory, something went kaput and the system clock went all kazoo.  That computer (an old I have no idea what tower box, that was an XP/Debian dual boot) is now the side table to my bed.

Now, why a computer needs 8 gigs of memory just so the operating system happy is something that belongs in the Rant thread.

Pete. (l33t FS)
12/1/20 7:49 a.m.

I got to work and didn't wreck!

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/1/20 8:45 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I got to work and didn't wreck!

I'm in Youngstown this week and it's not bad at all but one of my guys drove up from Ashland and he said it was HORRIBLE 

Pete. (l33t FS)
12/1/20 9:13 a.m.
chandler said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I got to workand didn't wreck!

I'm in Youngstown this week and it's not bad at all but one of my guys drove up from Ashland and he said it was HORRIBLE 

I have Blizzaks... in the back seat.  Conti ECS on the car.

Do not recommend.

This is a regular chainlink, no privacy strips.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/1/20 7:44 p.m.

Wife got this in a box of junk.  Mine now.  

slefain
slefain PowerDork
12/4/20 12:45 p.m.

Wife has taken up yoga, with the appropriate outfits. I've taken up sipping whiskey while watching her do yoga. I'm definitely winning.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/4/20 12:49 p.m.
slefain said:

Wife has taken up yoga, with the appropriate outfits. I've taken up sipping whiskey while watching her do yoga. I'm definitely winning.

My wife has lost 40lbs and taken up yoga pants around the house. Hate to see her go out of the room, but love to watch her leave! So i feel you on the winning!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/4/20 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

People in yoga pants full time has been one bright spot in 2020. They've all given up. I haven't. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/7/20 1:04 p.m.

Paid everything off with the cash fom the viper/cadillac/shells instead of using it to buy something else. So I am back down to zero debt except the house and I even paid that down below the jumbo limit so I can refi this month. 

Boo having cash in the bank but it will pay for itself in the long run and I can always get a car loan if I find something fun and if I trade in the R8. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
12/7/20 8:04 p.m.

Two days a row in the garage. Been a few weeks since I've done that, feels good!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/20 4:39 p.m.

Well, not super good, as the septic tank filter was clogged.

What was good, however, was that the last time we had it pumped, they put a handle on the filter that was just long enough I didn't have to reach into the "water" to pull out and clean the filter.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/10/20 7:03 p.m.

Since it was almost 60 here today, I took the afternoon off to get things done outside while it is nice out. Got the E46 all put back together (well, save for one trim piece I may have to replace) and glanced at my watch and thought it said that it was 8pm, which meant the picking up the garage and taking it for a test drive would have to wait until tomorrow since I would need to get dinner started. Then I looked back at my watch to have it skip the song that was playing on my phone- and realized that it wasn't 8:00, it was 18:00- and I still had two more hours to work. Got the garage picked up decently and drove the E46 to the parts store to dump the used oil as a check drive on the car. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/20 7:34 p.m.

I went for a 24 mile bike ride today. I saw this guy.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/14/20 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

You're in NC, right? Scratch that off my "places NOT pa to move to" list. Nope ropes in December? No thanks. 

On another note, and a rare, I guess big, win, the 12 year old "would really really like it" if I gave her mom a ring for Xmas. Yay.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/15/20 6:37 p.m.

Something happened. Something amazing. And I missed it. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_of_War

oh boy. Gonna be good. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/16/20 8:30 a.m.

Last time we went riding, my wife decided to try out my BMX cruiser, and ended up using it for the rest of the ride, while I rode the well worn mountain bike she has been using.  This week, she's been looking online for a 24" or 26" BMX Cruiser for herself.  The minor win: If she gets one, that means I don't have to try to overhaul a 30 year old mountain bike over the winter.

wae
wae UberDork
12/16/20 8:33 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Are bikes becoming available again?  The kids all needed bigger bikes this year but I wasn't able to find anything that wasn't stupidly-priced.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/16/20 8:50 a.m.
wae said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

Are bikes becoming available again?  The kids all needed bigger bikes this year but I wasn't able to find anything that wasn't stupidly-priced.

Not sure about local stores, but BMX Planet is starting to get 2021 models in stock.  

1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RaartgUz1MBO7dSz3F8uFV5vHFYk07ogAC00Fy5F9tqmx8TMxq6sVU8235Uo1pDY