1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 291
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/8/21 7:32 a.m.

In reply to CJ (FS) :

More than I'd anticipated. Wedding is August, unless I decide I need insurance before then.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/8/21 10:08 p.m.

You ever notice that when someone is driving like a straight-up shiny happy person, there's not a cop to be found anywhere? Mrs Recon and I were on our way to dinner for our weekly date. It was 6:30, so dark outside, but the main drag through town is well lit. We were in the right lane, and ahead of us in the left lane was a car doing about 40mph with his lights off.

Right  as I was gonna ask where the cop was, a state trooper pulled up behind him and lit him up. 

It gets better. Wife and I ate dinner, went to the store, and passed by on the way home- there were now two cruisers, a tow truck, and Señor No-Lights had a free set of bracelets. Dunno if he was drunk or what, but I'm glad he was off the road.

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/8/21 10:29 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Excellent.  Congratulations

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/9/21 10:49 a.m.

I have (fingers crossed) successfully installed a toilet that comes with a 40+ page English language instruction manual.

However, I may now be redundant to SWMBOs needs.  I guess she still needs me around until I get the remote control mounted.

I bought a new hammer!

I love hammers.  This one has replaceable soft-faces and is even USA made.

So far our trip has been nothing short of amazing. We should have planned for longer though. No way to see all of Charleston in a day and a half. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/9/21 8:10 p.m.

Got the garage lighting cleaned up.   

Went from 40 x T8 bulbs at 40 watts a piece and 10 igniters to 20 x 16 watt LED's. Plus got the movement sensors working as well so when the wife comes home late it just all tuns on for 10 minutes hands free.  

My buddy volunteered to put my used header flanges on his mill and clean the weld beads and tube remnants out of the ports.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
1/9/21 10:12 p.m.

berkeleying Covid.

We've saved a few fireworks from New Years for my oldest 13th birthday today. No black cats, mortars, crazy high flying screaming demons. Mainly sparklers and simple hand thrown stuff.
And sure enough we had cops show up, someone called in because we're not practicing social distancing and bright flashes from sparklers were too much. And we only have one member here that is not in our household. berkeley you, just trying to have some berkeleying happinesses for once..

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/10/21 8:24 a.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

I think you wanted the minor rant thread for that one, amigo...

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/10/21 11:16 a.m.

Had a leaking headlight washer on my S4 that was draining my washer fluid. Everything I read said front bumper cover needed to come off to get it out. I studied the new part, looked at the old part as installed through the nozzle door and from underneath. I released a couple of tabs with a screwdriver and pushed and it popped right out and I was able to pull it out from under the car!  15 minutes of looking and poking, 5 min to change the part, and another 10 min to reinstall the undertray and clean up. I was expecting a 1-2 hour job and was done in less than half an hour!  Woohoo!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/21 4:38 p.m.

I don't know why this amuses me.  I got an email yesterday asking me to prepare a number of bus route detours for today in case a protest broke out. I had seen a few things on Facebook so I already had the ones they wanted done plus a few others for areas I thought may also need them. They were shared with other divisions so they could also see which of their routes would be affected. I got a couple emails saying I was overprepared and there was no need to do so many. Today there were a number of people caught off guard when all of them were needed.  There's a reason our office gets asked to deal with everyone else's problems. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/21 5:11 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

So far our trip has been nothing short of amazing. We should have planned for longer though. No way to see all of Charleston in a day and a half. 

Awe!  I would have had you stop by in Summerville to see the 3500 swap.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/21 5:14 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

There's always next time! We were super busy the whole time, and truly needed the husband and wife time. We just got home and unpacked and the kid picked up....

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/10/21 8:02 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I don't know why this amuses me.  I got an email yesterday asking me to prepare a number of bus route detours for today in case a protest broke out. I had seen a few things on Facebook so I already had the ones they wanted done plus a few others for areas I thought may also need them. They were shared with other divisions so they could also see which of their routes would be affected. I got a couple emails saying I was overprepared and there was no need to do so many. Today there were a number of people caught off guard when all of them were needed.  There's a reason our office gets asked to deal with everyone else's problems. 

Did you do your Church Lady superior dance?  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/10/21 9:06 p.m.

There was a $1500 2003 BMW 530i for sale 3 hours north in Neenah, WI that needed a new head gasket.  Craigslist.  

Then I watched the YouTube on changing out the gasket and I was worn out.  

Somebody bought it ahead of me - minor win. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/10/21 10:59 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Next time, make their re-route into the shape of a dick & balls. 

"Well...I had adequate time to over prepare this..."

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/11/21 1:59 p.m.

Hopefully this isn't a flounder: Illinois politics looks better today than it did yesterday.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
1/11/21 4:40 p.m.

Realized that my happiness doesn't henge on politics or sports.  Some people are miserable souls because "they" lost. 

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
1/11/21 5:09 p.m.

Fixed our dryer with YouTube and $41 in parts. I’m stoked but wife was looking forward to appliance shopping.  I offered to paint the white washer and dryer a semigloss burgundy or gun metal gray.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/11/21 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Crxpilot :

Dude, good luck with that.   

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UberDork
1/11/21 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Crxpilot :

She'll get her chance, just not now. I've found from experience that once parts start failing on washer/dryer you can fix it like you did but the next broken part is just waiting to fail. You'll get frustrated and tired of fixing the washer/dryer and cave. Not now, maybe next year or the year after. About the time the part you just replaced fails again. Then there's the happy wife, happy life thing will happen.

But seriously, thumbs up on fixing it though. yes 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 9:18 p.m.

In reply to Crxpilot :

A wrap is better.  When our dishwasher quit it was almost $100 difference between black or white and the stainless steel we had. I talked her into black and then wrapped the door with a vinyl that was a very close match then took her to dinner with the difference.  I briefly looked like a genius.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/11/21 9:32 p.m.

The in-laws are moving across town. They'll be roughly the same distance from us that they are now. The win part is that my Father-in-law gave me all his old camera stuff...

I'm a sucker for old cameras.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/11/21 9:48 p.m.

Did some shooting with my wife and dad, single action cowboy gun stuff, and now watching some westerns.

We may all do cowboy action shooting in the future because of the fun

1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zOCZGD4bm4NPlhcu75fxfuiSvCi39jeFbwsR9aXspPNjedk4jQTvkjofTMHhTtKP