1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 292
Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
1/11/21 10:42 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I don't know why this amuses me.  I got an email yesterday asking me to prepare a number of bus route detours for today in case a protest broke out. I had seen a few things on Facebook so I already had the ones they wanted done plus a few others for areas I thought may also need them. They were shared with other divisions so they could also see which of their routes would be affected. I got a couple emails saying I was overprepared and there was no need to do so many. Today there were a number of people caught off guard when all of them were needed.  There's a reason our office gets asked to deal with everyone else's problems. 

Start practicing your "i told you so" dance:

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
1/15/21 9:28 a.m.

There's a whole bunch of YouTube channels dedicated to Titan II Missile silo restoration. Pull up a chair and get comfy. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
1/15/21 10:11 a.m.
Crxpilot said:

Fixed our dryer with YouTube and $41 in parts. I’m stoked but wife was looking forward to appliance shopping.  I offered to paint the white washer and dryer a semigloss burgundy or gun metal gray.  

It is worth a couple hundred bucks while it's working.  You know will need one so start shopping for the sales then sell the old ones.  Within a few months, all washers and driers go on sale.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/21 10:36 a.m.

I turned on a vintage rallycar video on the YouTubes (just sounds, no godawful music) the 7 month old is MESMERIZED. Making engine noises and everything. 

There is hope.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
1/16/21 6:52 p.m.

Got a sweet deal on some BMW style 68 wheels today, with 2016 tires and great tread left. I hoped/assumed they would be square 7.5 width, but pulled them out of the car tonight and they're staggered!

Not bad at all. Especially since they're in great shape, and cost me less than a single new tire would have.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/16/21 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Heh. I’ve discovered Spec Miata videos put our little one to sleep.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/16/21 7:03 p.m.

Got two of our overdue lapsed registration cars to the smog place and passed smog before the engine lights came back on. Now I have 2 more years to fix the problem. 

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
1/16/21 7:44 p.m.

Getting that green PASS on the screen is amazing

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/17/21 11:29 a.m.

Don't want to jinx it, but I think I found the issue with the F250's drifting brake adjustment.

When I did the drum refresh, I carefully did one side at a time, replacing everything just like it was. I failed to engage the "damned previous owner countermeasures" part of my brain.

Yesterday, I swapped the self-adjuster ratchet arms left for right, and now they engage the adjusters much more positively.

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/18/21 12:02 a.m.

Had a nice day, walked the dogs.  Worked on my Civic Si a little so I can hopefully get rid of it soon.  Celebrated my birthday with my sister and neice with an awesome dinner my wife cooked.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/18/21 1:11 a.m.

In reply to mjrj (Forum Supporter) :

Happy birthday. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
1/18/21 5:46 p.m.

First day back to work after quarantine and i got a rather sizable raise. With everything going on currently, I figured raises would be off the table for a while.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/21 6:12 p.m.

Spent 5 hours on the road with AK1 yesterday, and got her moved into her dorm today. Then spent 5 hours on the road solo today, lamenting the absence of my navigator slash DJ.

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/18/21 9:23 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Thank you!  Had another somewhat productive day with the Honda, hopefully get it sorted out and drive it a few weeks, then ship it out!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/19/21 7:43 a.m.

Got my son into a full day Kart racing camp Monday at Full Throttle.  He raced all day and make huge improvements on his laptimes.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/19/21 8:37 a.m.

All five seasons of the Muppet Show are coming to Disney+ in February. I'm a 43 year old man and I'm excited AF. I'm watching ALL of them with my kids.

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/21 11:03 a.m.

I found a Craftsman 7/16" socket on my dog-walk this morning!

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
1/21/21 11:18 a.m.
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) said:

did it come out of your dog?

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/21 11:28 a.m.
Dieselboss15 said:
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) said:

did it come out of your dog?

Happily no.  Though with this dog I wouldn't be surprised.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
1/22/21 10:06 p.m.

My 9 month pregnant wife asked to go for another ride in the Miata, since it might be the last ride we get together. We are <1 mile from Woodward Ave in Metro Detroit, so it's very casual to go "Cruise the strip." I love this woman

Edit: Saturday morning was 18° and sunny, so we dropped the top and went for a Woodward cruise and some coffee. Beautiful day and a great time had by all.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/21 4:28 p.m.

The Mavericks are playing in Connecticut next month. Seems like as good a place as any to see how the vaccine works. For science of course. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 1:20 p.m.

Facemasks arrived two weeks early.

I SHALL PERSONALLY TAKE YOU TO VALHALLA IN A SOCIALLY DISTANT MANNER

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/21 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

WITNESS!!!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/21 2:01 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I'm sitting on a great pair of Southern Culture On The Skids tickets from last April. They are supposed to be rescheduled to this March but I'm doubting that show is going to happen. 

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/25/21 2:10 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed

Shiny and chrome!

My minor win: found a Bissell Little Green Proheat carpet and upholstery cleaner with accessories at goodwill for $20 and everything works, just a clogged sprayer nozzle that was remedied by running a fishing line through it.

1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6RsqU5VaaaceTG9nnXTNNlduXHtbhvQcL3tdyQRxpJtmgqn6neEOqisCmDGVjDDH