1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 292
Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/17 8:29 p.m.

Got a $50 voucher in the mail from Summit Racing this weekend. Granted, I've spent a lot more than that to earn the voucher but hey, it's "free" money.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
8/9/17 4:53 p.m.

I'M FREE!

4 day weekend full of vintage 2 Stroke Enduro bikes, camping, and 2 kegs full of Coldfire Brewing's finest beers starts NOW!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/9/17 7:20 p.m.

4/5 of my tint job on dads geo came out great. The back window looks like E36 M3. But the other 4 dont. So, im counting it as a win.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/17 8:36 p.m.

After a year of looking, I accepted a job offer today. The pay is so-so, but the people seem great, the commute will be an easy non-interstate half an hour, and there is supposed to be plenty of room for growth. The company makes kevlar shields to protect people from bullets. I can feel good about that.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/9/17 8:38 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy:

Can you get friends and family discounts? I need a new bullet bouncer.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
8/9/17 9:18 p.m.

I've been pretty unhappy in my current job due to a new boss. I put out the S.O.S. to a few folks I have worked closely with over the years and was rewarded with a great promotion staying at the same company.
Quite thankful to have folks look out for me.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/9/17 9:22 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: 4/5 of my tint job on dads geo came out great. The back window looks like E36 M3. But the other 4 dont. So, im counting it as a win.

Just don't look back.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/17 7:27 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: In reply to wheelsmithy: Can you get friends and family discounts? I need a new bullet bouncer.

No idea, I start the 16th. It seems like their bread and butter are chest plates.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/10/17 7:39 a.m.

Awsome. While you're making them, just remember: somewhere a half Italian social worker is depending on it to get him home to his daughter. Congrats on the new job man.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/17 3:31 p.m.

I stood in pep boys, saw they had the paint I wanted, and ordered it for free store pickup from the website. Why is that a win?

30% off on online orders.

Seems kinda crooked of them if you ask me, but 30% off some parts and all accessories is awesome.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
8/11/17 11:32 a.m.

Sitting on the patio of a pizza place with great view of runway. Beer & binoculars in hand, waiting for Northeast Airshow practice to begin!

KC-130 buzzed my house three times this morning, MIG 17 too.

*edit F-18 hornet just did his run through. The take off distance is astounding!

MIG 17 - holy E36 M3, you can see the afterburner while it's headed straight at you!

Wow: raptor & mustang, formation flying!

Today, life is good.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/11/17 3:12 p.m.

FINALLY have the video we shot of SWMBO's show last month synced up. 3 different cameras in 3 different places, only one of which actually recorded the whole show straight through without any gaps. Two of them SHOULD have done so- but for some reason the GoPro has a few points where it 'lost' a second or two, possibly when writing the files. The other camera could easily have been recording at least through each of the 3 acts straight through, but the camerawoman thought she should stop and restart between each piece where there was a blackout. BAD CAMERAWOMAN. I may also have found a way to use both the board audio feed and the camera mic audio so we have better-sounding music and the audience reactions.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
8/13/17 8:44 p.m.

I drove my Crown Vic across the continent, and nothing broke!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/17 11:14 a.m.

Credit cards and student loans paid off today. Debt free and a year's salary saved.

I don't own a house anymore, but when I re-enter the market it will be with a clean slate

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/17 11:19 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Awsome. While you're making them, just remember: somewhere a half Italian social worker is depending on it to get him home to his daughter. Congrats on the new job man.

You know, facebook has me so pessimistic these days that I read that 4 times because I was sure you were sarcastically referring to something that I wasn't getting. Then it finally clicked.

Stay safe man.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/16/17 11:46 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

Most everything i say can be taken at face value. I don't have the social skills to be properly politically correct/sarcastic/whatever.

And will do on staying safe. After all, ive got a beautiful wife and daughter waiting for me at home.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/16/17 11:47 a.m.

The word has come down. Super troopers 2 has a release date coming in the spring.

Been a long time coming.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/17 7:56 p.m.

Minor win: A liter of Maker's Mark is $40. 750ml of Maker's Mark is $25. I double checked the UPC codes, triple checked. To be extras ultra sure, I took a 750l bottle to the cash register and had them ring me up. I gave them the pittance and then I walked out the door with a fifth of Maker's Mark without getting arrested for shoplifting.

Currently ensuring that it is genuine Maker's Mark, for science. Minor win, life is good.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/20/17 8:52 p.m.

Took my bicycle i built in highschool (04 haro frame to give an idea) out with a younger friend whos learning some of the basic street tricks today. Managed to land a bunch of the simpler old stuff after 8-10 years of only riding with my kids. I feel really good right now!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
8/20/17 9:26 p.m.

Final autocross in my (now sold) CSPish Miata today. 85 drivers and I managed 3rd overall raw time. Yup, ZR-1 Camaro, CAM-S ZO-6, AMod, even Spoolpigeon in a badass Cobra, all slower than this guys today... it felt just amazing!

Not sure if I was particularly good but it did all come together very nicely on this one particular day.

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
8/23/17 12:52 a.m.

I met GRMer "JerryFromLA" today, by stopping in at Autobooks/Aerobooks in Burbank, CA. Nice fellow, and always good to meet a fellow board user.

I also went to the Peterson Museum and took their Vault tour.

Life is good!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/26/17 9:03 a.m.

Haven't shot in 6 months. Qualified for ccw at 27/30 with a gun I've never shot.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
8/26/17 2:22 p.m.

New AC compressor for the POS Altima today. It finally has functioning air conditioning! Actually everything on the car works like it should, weird

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
8/27/17 6:44 p.m.

Putting this is minor wins and not rants because being positive is a good thing.

Spent the entire day helping my brother move into his new house. His wife is 7 months pregnant with twins and today is their one year anniversary. Her brothers, our sister and mother and my GF all pitched in to make it a productive and tolerable day. (We even painted two of the rooms!) He's 33 and this is his first house purchase, a 40 year old split level that's actually a nice little place (except no garage ).

That said, I'm 46 and spending a day moving furniture is exhausting. Beer and ibuprofen for dinner for me!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/28/17 8:16 a.m.

Lots of work done on the Z3 Drift/Challenge car this weekend. I should update my build thread....

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lKafN3iMze2dP8b1LicR46g6FR3ZLF5ZuQtmqbtRPLXxLKiyxuC3YpMFxcELqDNg