1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 292
The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
8/28/17 12:26 p.m.

We ate dinner at Red Robin last night, which was a first for me. The burger I ate was literally the

BEST

BURGER

OF

MY

LIFE!!!!

I had to consciously slow down while eating it to keep from gulping it down like a boa constrictor...without the squeezing. Just down the hatch.

Red Robin = WIN!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/28/17 1:20 p.m.

Wait... Really? People like Red Robin? Dude, you need to go try the Burger Barge. Red Robin is just a plate of salty hot brown.

Sorry, I'm being a jackass. I'm glad you enjoyed your burger, Jed.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/28/17 3:05 p.m.

I DIDN'T GET FIRED!!!!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/28/17 3:50 p.m.

My wife just got a message from her useless engineer that his roof was leaking and he was blaming the contractor that fixed it a year ago. She turns to me and says "if he didn't have to hire out his work like a little bitch maybe he wouldn't have a leaky roof".
I love her so much.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
8/28/17 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13: DUDE THAT IS SUCH FREEKING GOOD NEWS IT DESERVES FREEKING CAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!! company car still or no? you gonna hire a lawyer?

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
8/28/17 5:02 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:
Just like an engineer.....got it ALL figured out. Boo berkin hoo.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/28/17 5:11 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

No company car until after court. No mileage reimbursement until after court. Need to find a lawyer. Ill take the points. Just let me keep my liscence and job.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
8/28/17 5:19 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:
Amen bro....peace out

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/29/17 8:55 p.m.

Things are getting rolling with the new brewing company. They've been negotiating salaries for the key employees, and it was my turn today.

I will be getting a 40% pay raise over what I was earning at the old brewing company before I split.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
8/29/17 11:20 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

My experience has been the reciprocal of yours; I've eaten at both local Burger Barges and I found the food to be good but not great (the company during the meal was by far the best part) while the semi-recently erected local Red Robin blew me away with the flavors of their burgers.

The poutine was a greasy, salty meh but that burger was awesome!

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
8/30/17 11:54 a.m.

The beater beretta won SF this weekend while piloted by my teammate. I ran in PF but if I had ran stock we would have finished 1-2. He beat me by .5 seconds overall. I would have got him by 1.5 if the car wouldn't have got tail happy at the finish of the last run and ate a cone. I'm so proud of that crusty old turd (the car and my teammate)

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/30/17 1:51 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

I'm all about artisanal grass fed meat burgers and all, but yeah, I agree, Red Robin makes a tasty burger.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/17 10:09 p.m.

Landed a big contract today. Then a really big on in the afternoon. So much for vacations this fall. This is a good problem.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/31/17 1:54 p.m.

Got the last caliper available for my car, it came with bushings! Dont have to wait for my rock auto order out of texas to fix my cars brakes!

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
9/3/17 10:28 p.m.

I ordered the 10-piece chicken tenders and they gave me eleven!

(Sometimes the wins are really minor, but you take what you get!)

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
9/5/17 12:07 p.m.

The $100 incomplete set of wheels I bought on Craigs sold for $600 plus shipping on eBay. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/6/17 7:44 a.m.

The win of last night: I made it home safe. 

bkasdaddy
bkasdaddy New Reader
9/6/17 5:24 p.m.

My VA claim was finally decided, and quite favorably for me.  Probably more than a minor win.  This is huge for my family and I.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/6/17 8:09 p.m.

Started a new job, got a fat raise and more vacation, and my wife agreed that I should buy a car I *want*, instead of just a car that's cheap, when I hand my 525xi down to our 15-year-old in about 6 months.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/6/17 8:15 p.m.

One of my last assignments at my former employer was to prepare and present "Brake Systems 101" training for the department.  Instead of drawing free body diagrams, I used jpgs of my E60.  I even cut and pasted roundels wherever I needed a CG symbol.  ;-)  So now my car will live on in the company's training system.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/7/17 2:54 p.m.

I found out today the weird old building being renovated down my street is a family owned welding supply company. This will be their "eastern" branch. 

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
9/8/17 2:21 p.m.

Three months after installing the FM Fox suspension on the Miata, I finally had the car corner balanced and aligned to the FM specs today.  In the short two-mile drive back to work, the steering feels so, so, good.   I'll find out in the coming weeks if it feels $400 of labor good!  I was really impressed with the shop; they gave me a booklet of before and after pictures and specs on everything that was changed.

Plus, I stopped at a Vietnamese deli on the way back and got an excellent bahn mi for $3.50.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
9/8/17 2:49 p.m.

I'm a berkeleying Electrician!  I did it!  Eighty-eight percent, mofos!

Celebrating in typical Burrito fashion with a pint of beer and a Burrito!

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
9/12/17 6:37 p.m.

I just added berkleying to my work computer's spellcheck dictionary.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/12/17 8:08 p.m.

I was approached by a previous employer today, essentially offering me either of my jobs that i had with them back, at similar pay to what I'm making now with reduced stress. This was out of the blue. Right after a stress induced hospitalization. 

Ill call it a win. 

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HAVkJHA9TWNibl5rgmDwHsYxIreb0ZZDwBHGS4oPETDXwWmXolF0QuQMLuSBc70C