1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 291
Don49
Don49 HalfDork
10/7/17 4:24 p.m.

Reviewing the time cards from the E production race at Indy and my last 4 laps were within 4/10ths with my last 2 2 1/1000th apart. Also my next to last lap was also my fastest and 3.5 seconds faster than I qualified.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
10/7/17 4:52 p.m.

Tomato pie in the oven with the last of the garden maters.  Egg custard pie in the fridge.  Nice glass of Cabernet.  Winning.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/9/17 7:04 a.m.

First time actually welding with my new welder last night. Did a 90* joint on square tubing as a practice run and it turned out quite nice considering I have next to no experience welding. That gave me the confidence I needed to weld the exhaust joint for the challenge car, which turned out much uglier, but it works. And considering it didn't line up well (lots of gaps) and was two different thicknesses of metal, and seems to be sealed exhaust-wise, I am happy. 

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
10/9/17 9:48 a.m.

After almost two years of an intake upgrade that lead to an engine swap, I finally fired up my '64 Valiant Saturday, with its "new" '76 225 and Super Six 2-barrel intake.  I know, that should have been a weekend of work.  Life got in the way.  Anyway, it runs and drives again, and should be able to pass inspection soon.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
10/9/17 3:24 p.m.

Scratched off a few to-do items for my IS300. Motor mounts, transmission mount (completely broken) replaced fog light HID ballasts and swapped the OEM front sidemarkers back in. Drives way better than when the parts were sitting in the trunk for months.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/9/17 5:57 p.m.

The highlight of my day was finding a 10mm socket.  That's as good as it gets today.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/9/17 7:09 p.m.

Engine is out of the parts car!

Inly took 3 days, but there was a lit of other stuff in there crissed off the list too.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/17 7:30 p.m.

So, I have been slowly but surely acquiring parts to convert my mostly dripping and failing RX-7 to some form of piston power.  I have a lot of the north-south bits for a Duratec 2.5 four swap, and I have a good chunk of the bits for a GenIII Chevy swap.  (I'd use a 200-4R, because better ratios than a 4L60, and available manual valvebodies)

I was at the K-Mart by my house for my annual purchase of socks and underwear when I hear a familiar noise.  The noise is exiting the Taco Bell across the street and it is apparently attached to a silver shape.  Said shape crosses the road and enters the K-Mart parking lot, and the guy just pulls into a spot and enters the store to buy whatever.

Shape is a late 70s/early 80s Corolla station wagon, with 1.8 badges proudly displayed on the tailgate.  But the SOUND is like nothing Toyota has ever made.  The sound is that distinctive sound of a certain engine made by Mazda, with porting so large that bridges of metal have to be left in place to keep things from falling apart.

My sundries run was interrupted by a guy driving a berking bridge ported rotary Corolla as a daily driver.  That is 100% awesome, right there.  Why should I ever stoop to a lower level than that?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/13/17 8:30 p.m.

Kept my liscence and job, as well as picked up my ccw permit today.

And except loading the truck and trailer (tomorrows job) we are ready to head to Gainesville. 

Even better: i relized today that y'all are having a birtday celebration in my honor saturday after the concourse. Sure, theres the whole awards for rhe challenge thing, but i know the truth...

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
10/13/17 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Congrats on all fronts!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/13/17 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Knurled :

Pistons? You don't need no stinkin pistons!

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
10/15/17 2:52 p.m.

Stopped by the closest auto parts store to buy a quart of oil and was charged $1.35. I'll take it.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/16/17 9:19 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Even better: I realized today that y'all are having a birthday celebration in my honor Saturday after the concourse. Sure, there's the whole awards for rhe challenge thing, but i know the truth...

Friday is Gsmith's!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/18/17 8:15 p.m.

I had three different cars dropped off this morning that had subtle, intermittent noises.  I was able to hear all three noises.  I was then able to diagnose and repair all three.

That may not seem like a very big deal to most of you, but I know there are a few guys reading this, saying, "Lucky bastard."

And to top it off, my 3/4 inch impact socket is getting worn to the point of replacement, and I found an almost new one on the street this afternoon.

Best. Day. Ever.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
10/20/17 9:35 a.m.

Tracked my intermittent no-power / no-start issue on the CTS V to loose fuse box mounting bolts?  Weirdness, but woo hoo it runs.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
10/20/17 3:44 p.m.

Just found out our scumbag downstairs neighbors are moving out! laugh

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
10/22/17 7:57 p.m.

Profitable weekend for me. Got paid $30 to be a corner worker at a Green Power event yesterday. Today I took the Opel GT to a car show and won the foreign/exotic class, $250. Didn't expect to win anything at this hot rod show, just expected to donate the entry fee to a worthwhile charity and have fun looking at all the cars.

There was even a Pantera entered. Even more surprising was the  1958 Morgan +4 won 3rd in show which was against all the hot rods and bigger $$. This year mainly original restored won over modified hot rods. A original 48 Ford trunk and a something like 1920's Ford all original beautifully restored took main trophies. Naturally there were 2 67 Vettes and an 06 Vette won too and grand prize ($1000) went to a 67 Chevelle SS hot rod. 2 rows of newer Mustangs and not even a mention.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/23/17 6:48 a.m.

First day back too work after injuring my knee 2 weeks ago. Im still not 100% healed but just being here is a win at this point.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/23/17 8:52 a.m.

my new nephews Jordan and Lucas.  First picture together.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/23/17 9:17 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

While they are minors, I would say they are a MAJOR WIN! So awesome. Now that I have kids, raising twins sounds like TOO MUCH WORK. But damn are they cute together.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
10/23/17 10:20 a.m.

Picked up a radiator with fans, complete AC system, complete power steering system for my Integra, cost? $60. Thanks craigslist.

With that I was able to put the car back together after the engine swap and with a new battery it started up. 

My first engine removal and install and it moves under it's own power. I took a victory lap around the neighborhood, no hood, bumper or lights, but it ran!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/17 8:25 a.m.

She said yes. 

Thread with pictures soon. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
10/24/17 11:04 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

She said yes. 

Thread with pictures soon. 

That’s not a minor win, dude. 

That’s major league stuff, right there...

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/24/17 11:12 a.m.
Mike said:

The new shed doors actually went together about the way they should have.

I am so happy with the final result...

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/24/17 11:56 a.m.

Finally listed satans silverado for sale on craigslist. If it sells ill consider it a major win, just listing its a minor win!

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1sRUuJXjnLkXk2JMk5qqR9QOhwpTCYhNshqB8tKmafet14gsmum18pWbxQWG7hDD