AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/17 12:31 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
AWSX1686 said:

She said yes. 

Thread with pictures soon. 

That’s not a minor win, dude. 

That’s major league stuff, right there...

laugh Thanks! And I know it is, I am just waiting to post an official thread with pictures till it's "Facebook Official". 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/25/17 7:20 a.m.

The silverado sold too the first person that came too look at it last night! I had a drink to drown my lost money sorrows but woke up happy!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/25/17 8:06 a.m.

New nephew (the one with all the wires on him) spent most of the day Tuesday undergoing pretty massive heart surgery.  It's still early but the docs are all pleased and predicting full recovery with normal quality of life.

Ok, pretty big win there.... and has been a bundle of stress for everyone involved.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/25/17 8:10 a.m.
dropstep said:

The silverado sold too the first person that came too look at it last night! I had a drink to drown my lost money sorrows but woke up happy!

Sometimes it's worth money just to have something off your mind.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/25/17 8:11 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

That's awesome news, Kentuck!  I hope all continues to go well for him.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/27/17 9:18 p.m.

My fiancée said if I paint the race car to match the color theme for the wedding, we can use it as the getaway car.... 

Guess who's bringing a light blue with magenta accent spitfire to the challenge next year! 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/28/17 12:06 a.m.

Just scored a t5 with hydraulic throw out bearing, shifter and bellhousing for 125.

Probably going to be getting on the new challenge car soon.....

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/17 8:28 a.m.

had a big mandatory meeting with the bigwigs from MGM yesterday. With their takeover of the Borgata, everyone has been apprehensive of what is to come and the first changes are being implemented jan 1. Most of them do not affect me due to my time in the building and the department I work.

While I will miss Holiday pay (time and a half) my 200 hours of PTO just turned into 224 and I can carry 80 over. This technically means I can take 7 1/2 weeks of vacation if I plan it right

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/17 6:46 p.m.

Today I replaced the starter in the CRX of DooM™.

I didn't have my FSM handy as it is buried somewhere in my 12'x26' storage unit, so I looked online to see if there were any "gotchas". Lots of whining about getting to the bottom bolt and people stating that they just didn't put that bolt back in because of access issues.

I removed the intake tube and battery for more room. It only took me 15 minutes to get the old starter out.

I didn't see what the big deal was. It was easily the easiest starter replacement I have ever done!

The old starter looked original. Except for the 1/4" thick coating of dirt, oil and road grime.

I like it when a job ends up being easier than you thought it would be. And you don't break anything laugh.​

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/1/17 12:03 p.m.

I finally found and installed the replacement exhaust fan for my pellet stove. One less annoying noise in my house now. 

Who knew fans like to spin freely?

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
11/1/17 12:17 p.m.

Today begins my weekend. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/1/17 1:47 p.m.

The 400 dollar ranger has cost less then $200 in parts too get in daily shape. Finishing the exhaust as soon as my order comes in!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/17 7:33 p.m.

Spent most of the day working on a longterm project car and I was somehow in aggro mode the whole time.  I turned a pile of loose spaghetti run through the firewall into what looked like a functional wiring harness complete with its own fusebox, power-up relay, and mounted some switches to a blanking plate in the center console.  Plumbed and wired in a line lock.  Converted an automatic column to manual and installed that back into the car.

The "life is good" is that I connected a battery to the car for the first time since before the car ever came to us, and everything I installed works correctly.  The electronic gauges work, the gauge illumination works, the reverse lights and reverse interlock work, the fans work, the exhaust cutout works, the line lock and indicator light work...  No debugging required.

Durn thing might even fire up tomorrow after a little more remedial wiring and assembling a cooling system...  Then we'll see what 540ci sounds like through a pair of 3" pipes.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/2/17 8:21 a.m.

My back was hurting yesterday from too much office chair time (I guess) so I dosed myself with muscle relaxers last night and took today off.  Still in bed now and thoroughly enjoying being lazy.

and my back feels better.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/4/17 5:23 p.m.

400 miles on the elky so far. Scored a bunch of good deals, including a 20 dollar nitrous kit with bottle heater.

And its been a wonderful day.  

W.Cougar Mellonballer The Third
W.Cougar Mellonballer The Third GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/17 6:00 p.m.

It’s been a E36 M3ty week but to celebrate my nephew’s 18th birthday I’m grilling some big steaks and we’re going out to a comedy club.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/6/17 10:16 a.m.

Mrs. Deuce started her new job today. It actually pays money. 

Long weird seven month journey to end up here, but she's where she wants to be professionally. Crossing my fingers that the culture aspect works out. I'm proud of her. 

Now I can get back to my routine. Thank god. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
11/6/17 1:14 p.m.

I was in the grocery the other day to pick up a few items.  It's a fairly new store, and I'm still discovering things there.  Whilst in the dairy department, I procured a bit of cheddar and noticed nearby, much to my delight, that most sublime of cheesy comestibles, Wensleydale with cranberries! 

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/6/17 4:03 p.m.

I stopped by my father in laws house this weekend,  just for a quick visit. When I pulled up, there was a new (to him), good condition RX-8 on jackstands in the garage. He also has a spare LS motor hanging around.

You see kids, when a good mannered, but underpowered chassis, and a reliable, high powered engine love each other, very very much...

in other news, I may have a line on a low mileage Renesis and Auto-box with a hot-start issuedevil

RevRico
11/7/17 6:28 p.m.

I got my car insurance bill. $216 for 6 months for BOTH cars.

That's what I was paying for just the Miata with the General, and I've got much better coverage now(still liability only but more of it). 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/7/17 8:15 p.m.

nephew has had a tough way to go but things are finally on the improvement.  Today his parents finally got to hold him for the first time since the surgery.   Cutest kid ever!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/7/17 8:22 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Words can't describe!

Very happy to see this.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
11/8/17 6:36 a.m.

Recently replaced an uncomfortably lowered car (e46 328i) and an unreliable gas hog (2000 grand Cherokee w/3" lift & 33's) with one beautifully stock car (2006 mazdaspeed6). Literally cannot explain how happy driving this car makes me feel. I don't have to go into parking lots at an angle, my back doesn't hurt after a long drive, and unlike the jeep, all the accessories just work. No banging the door to get the window to work, no 45 minute 0-60 time.  It's amazing. And I was able to break even selling the e46 & the jeep to pay for the ms6. And the e46 is still in the family getting raced the way it's supp finally (which it deserves after years of faithful commuter duties)

RevRico
11/8/17 12:41 p.m.

Mike Skinner is off the grand tour. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/17 5:03 p.m.
Knurled said:

Durn thing might even fire up tomorrow after a little more remedial wiring and assembling a cooling system...  Then we'll see what 540ci sounds like through a pair of 3" pipes.

Hooray, I get to pull an engine!

Minor win:  I engineered everything for ease of service.

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fqknyv5xWNAOVjtW6Fa46BHgE4yf9Kd9EPFOWB9hvAOABwa2pwzjCGGPkFvk0b9q