1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 292
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/3/18 3:11 p.m.

Just won the ebay auction for me matchig autometer sport comp tach. All early 90s gauges are mine!!!!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/3/18 3:20 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Furious_E said:

Got surprise free pizza for lunch and won $100 on a scratch off ticket! 

Did you buy two cases of beer and a tank of gas with it?

I'm assuming this is a reference to some pop culture thing I'm not privy to, but nope...probably going towards a down payment on a new DD that actually has functional heat and is tolerable to drive on the highway for more than an hour. Or maybe I should just 'reinvest' it all in Powerball tickets...

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/4/18 1:17 p.m.

Me and a coworker went to lunch in my Subaru Baja, and I was telling him what a great winter hoon machine it is. Pulled into the parking lot of a shopping complex that is 90% boarded-up, made sure there was no traffic nearby and whipped a few snow donuts until we laughed ourselves silly. Stopped and get ready to go again and see a county sheriff's car parked at the far end of the lot and immediately freak. We decide to leave and hold our breath until we are out of sight, he never follows. Either he wasn't paying attention, appreciated the fact that I was doing it out of the way of people, or he totally approved of my snonuts.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/4/18 9:35 p.m.
NickD said:

Me and a coworker went to lunch in my Subaru Baja, and I was telling him what a great winter hoon machine it is. Pulled into the parking lot of a shopping complex that is 90% boarded-up, made sure there was no traffic nearby and whipped a few snow donuts until we laughed ourselves silly. Stopped and get ready to go again and see a county sheriff's car parked at the far end of the lot and immediately freak. We decide to leave and hold our breath until we are out of sight, he never follows. Either he wasn't paying attention, appreciated the fact that I was doing it out of the way of people, or he totally approved of my snonuts.

SCOREBOARD!!!!!SNOWHOONIGANISM in the presence of the PO PO  without a 'license and proof of insurance' please request ROCKS.....next time check the far end wink 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/18 7:16 p.m.

Finally managed to run out of ways to shoot myself in the foot getting the hydraulic feed control refreshed, bled, and working on the Grizzly horizontal band saw JKB pointed out to me on CL for a song. Now I just need to figure how whether I've toasted a second start capacitor trying to get the centrifugal switch and points sorted. So close...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/18 9:04 p.m.

I drove a E46 325ix today.

I noted that it is cramped, slow as all hell, has interior quality and condition worse than my 34 year old Mazda (despite being only 14 years old), and for some reason the power steering didn't work because apparently 5F is below the level at which BMWs are expected to function.

The win:  I had been seriously thinking of buying one of these.  Instead I bought the S60R.  Dodged a freakin' bullet, there.

(The E46 fender flares do look nice.  And they are very easy to work on, which is good because they require constant upkeep.)

Burrito
Burrito Dork
1/5/18 9:32 p.m.

Responded to a Craigslist job posting, got a call back almost immediately and scheduled my first interview in almost 6 years.  I have been thinking about dropping the millwright title and going to a straight commercial Electrician for a while.  This could be my ticket to a Journeyman card, more money, and much better working conditions.  berkeleying Stoked!

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
1/6/18 3:35 p.m.

Turns out one of my friends is crazy enough to climb on my roof in this weather. Attic window boarded up for now, more parts came in for the zephyrs brake and suspension rebuild and i just won 20 bucks on a christmas scratch off. Now it can snow!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
1/7/18 12:57 a.m.

I bought a sporty little wagon today...

It’s a 2002 Mazda Protege5. My first ever sporty car...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/18 6:58 a.m.

I last saw my supervisor a week ago. 

Monday I worked late -no Supervisor 

Tuesday I worked late - no Supervisor

Wednesday I was off

Thursday I was off

Friday I took off due to snow

Saturday Supervisor off

Today Supervisor off

Monday Supervisor off

Tuesday Supervisor off

Wednesday I am off

Thursday I am off.

It's like having a vacation from the chaos that is my supervisor.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/18 7:35 a.m.
Furious_E said:
Knurled. said:
Furious_E said:

Got surprise free pizza for lunch and won $100 on a scratch off ticket! 

Did you buy two cases of beer and a tank of gas with it?

I'm assuming this is a reference to some pop culture thing I'm not privy to, but nope...probably going towards a down payment on a new DD that actually has functional heat and is tolerable to drive on the highway for more than an hour. Or maybe I should just 'reinvest' it all in Powerball tickets...

It's a line from a country song that the radio plays every hour or two.

I'm not really a country fan but the lyrics are funny sometimes, and it doesn't sound like a temper tantrum set to a backbeat.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/7/18 11:16 a.m.

The school's looking into getting me press passes for the Toronto Autoshow, and I'm going on a date on Monday!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/18 7:40 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I drove a E46 325ix today.

I noted that it is cramped, slow as all hell, has interior quality and condition worse than my 34 year old Mazda (despite being only 14 years old), and for some reason the power steering didn't work because apparently 5F is below the level at which BMWs are expected to function.

The win:  I had been seriously thinking of buying one of these.  Instead I bought the S60R.  Dodged a freakin' bullet, there.

(The E46 fender flares do look nice.  And they are very easy to work on, which is good because they require constant upkeep.)

It seems to me that E46's can vary a lot. I drove my buddy's 99 323, and didn't like it, but I drive his 2004 330i ZHP, and now I also have a 330i ZHP. I like it a lot. It does have a few issues I'm working on, and it is a small car, but it fits me well. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/10/18 3:23 p.m.

This week I have received the news that due to some restructuring of our team at work, I now have the opportunity to seek new employment. (this is not based on any performance failures or shortcomings on my part, just unfortunate circumstances). Normally this would classify as a rant, but I have been approached by a few other teams in the office who are interested in me and I have some interviews lined up. My current boss has given me glowing recommendations. Don't know where I'll land yet, but things are looking good at this point. Fingers crossed.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
1/11/18 10:42 a.m.

It's almost 60 degrees here today, and after the frigid weather we've had it feels like 80.  I'm kind of in the middle of a project, but I'm taking off on a bike ride because I can!  Ha!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
1/11/18 11:02 a.m.

After over two months of sitting in near zero temperatures the B18 swapped Civic project fired up without missing a beat.  The thing continues to be stupidly reliable despite multiple previous owners' hackery.  I'm glad I didn't sell it.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/11/18 11:42 a.m.
G_Body_Man said:

The school's looking into getting me press passes for the Toronto Autoshow, and I'm going on a date on Monday!

So how did the date go?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/11/18 1:56 p.m.

I am alive. And that is enough.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
1/12/18 12:10 p.m.

For the past two weeks, I've been freezing my butt off in a state that is mostly known for its mild winters. The past two days has been 70. Thank you for that.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
1/12/18 1:32 p.m.

My wife made it home from work before the road conditions turned to crap and had her stuck there. She lives 3 blocks from were she works but her coworker is about 13 miles away. She cant leave until someone else shows up. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/18 9:07 a.m.

Managed to get banned from Twitter this morning.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/13/18 9:38 a.m.

Went to pick up a set of bilsteiens from a sprc miata for $80. Wound up buying them. And 16 other complete tokiko/agx struts with springs and tophats for 200.

$10 bucks a shock.

Hell yeah!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/18 10:10 p.m.

Previous rant, that I'm not sure if I put in the rant thread. Within a few days of getting my ZHP I tore a hole in the Alcantara driver's seat. 

Today, my fiancee took a needle and thread to it, and you can barely tell there was a tear! She's awesome. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/13/18 11:15 p.m.

My brother just rolled his nice 2009 diesel Super Duty on  black ice at speed less than a hour ago. That's the bad. 

That he, my other brother,  and my dad are alive is worth more than any truck.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/14/18 12:51 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Glad they are all okay

I hydroplaned and rolled years ago, any rollover you walk away from is good w/ me. The rest is sheet metal and a life's lesson.

1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Eo1xx6idSup89e4oVyxurRXWyGCyeCtmQUTxhePRzo2ozJHHcAtTowoaLjydxJ48