1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 291
Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/4/18 2:56 p.m.

And how it was windy.  Found a pair of legs with ruby slippers attached, under my shed.  Now I can't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
3/4/18 3:29 p.m.

Took my kids and wife out to practice the art of putting holes in targets. Tracking down a crickett was worth the time and effort. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
3/4/18 4:58 p.m.

It lives!!!!!!!

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/5/18 9:42 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

It lives!!!!!!!

You started the monster miata?!?!

In related news, my MR2 spyder runs!! First try at starting it, too. Fired right up on the new motor. It's squealing which I hope was just the fact that there was no coolant in the engine yet. Hope hope.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
3/5/18 10:26 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I did.  Ran it for maybe 30 seconds but with vacuum lines missing and no working throttle yet it's still a minute or two away from driving.

Felt good though laugh

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/5/18 11:24 a.m.

My wife likes the railroad tie boarder my brother did on his driveway.  Which means i dont have to do cinderblock walls with a stone veneer!

Score!!!!!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/5/18 11:54 a.m.

I was craving homemade meatballs last night, so I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Which means meatball sandwich for lunch today, which is a win. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
3/6/18 8:18 a.m.

Got the GS430 back from the body shop last night.  It looks better now than it did when I bought it a little over a year ago.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/6/18 8:51 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Got the GS430 back from the body shop last night.  It looks better now than it did when I bought it a little over a year ago.

YAY! It's so good to see it live.

I got my MR2 warmed up for the first time last night. All gears work in the transmission. The squeal quieted down and it appears to be an accessory that might just be unhappy from sitting so long. There's a minor coolant leak (pinhole in a hose) but I'll get it tonight. On the road by this weekend maybe? If I hustled I might be able to drive it to work Thursday but I doubt that will happen.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/7/18 1:59 p.m.

I opened the door on the shop to air it out today since its warm and sunny. This is the first sunny day since I redid all the lights.

You can't see a difference between the spot the sun hits and the lighted floor. 

I WIN!!!!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/18 7:44 p.m.

I’ve been at work since 4am and have to be back at 4 again tomorrow,the snow is horrendous, but I was able to get a vacant dorm room at the company next door so no sleeping in the car tonight.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/18 7:56 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

I opened the door on the shop to air it out today since its warm and sunny. This is the first sunny day since I redid all the lights.

I WIN!!!!

I made the mistake of letting the warm air in once.  Everything in the garage got wet from condensation.

The odd:  This happened a week or two ago.  Everything between 18" and 30" off the ground was wet with condensation.  Nothing lower, nothing higher.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/18 8:03 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

I WIN!!!!

What did you end up using for lighting?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/8/18 8:11 a.m.

On the finished side: 5 high bay parabolic trough fixtures.  3 t8 bulbs each, converted to led. In addition, 2 2 bulb t8 standard shop lights converted to led.  Still have the front and back bay walls to light for side lighting. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/18 8:49 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Nice

BlueInGreen44 - Jon
BlueInGreen44 - Jon SuperDork
3/8/18 6:50 p.m.

We recently adopted a lab/hound/pointer mix pup who thinks he's a lap dog.  It's like having a friendly 30lb electric blanket to snuggle with (when he's not running around.)

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
3/12/18 7:34 a.m.

6" of heavy wet snow this morning.  SWMBO left well before me,  pulled the AWD wagon out of the garage, and motored on to work without drama.

I overslept a few minutes and had to clear the crap off the Suburban before tooling on in myself.  Drama free, no stress, no problems, just using modern machinery to insulate myself from Mother Nature.

Almost exactly 20 years ago we had a late season snow storm that trapped my mother at a country hotel about an hour away.  She had a Corolla, I had a Thunderbird, sister had a Maxima, etc etc.  Nobody I knew had a real vehicle capable of going to pick up dear old mom.  Not a problem anymore.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/12/18 7:38 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

My wife likes the railroad tie boarder my brother did on his driveway.  Which means i dont have to do cinderblock walls with a stone veneer!

Score!!!!!

Not to put a damper on that but I really wouldn't go for railroad ties. I am about to have to replace the ones at my place cause they are rotted and falling apart.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/12/18 7:47 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

After how many years and with what maintenance?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/12/18 7:49 a.m.
BlueInGreen44 - Jon said:

We recently adopted a lab/hound/pointer mix pup who thinks he's a lap dog.  It's like having a friendly 30lb electric blanket to snuggle with (when he's not running around.)

Sounds nice.  I hope it's still nice in August when it's a 50lb electric blanket.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/12/18 11:19 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to 93EXCivic :

No idea on either to be honest. We bought the house and they were in pretty bad shape.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
3/12/18 6:47 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to 93EXCivic :

We got 25 years with no maintenance from ours.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/18 1:15 p.m.

I don't have a job where people ask me questions like I heard at my wife's vet clinic today-- "Do you want to save that poop?" 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
3/16/18 8:12 p.m.

12 hour day yesterday, 11 today, 7 tomorrow and since I'm salaried, no OT pay.

BUT, I'm helping high schoolers build robots for FIRST Robotics competition and college students build an FSAE and SAE Mini BAJA car. Oh yeah, and I'll get to take comp time after school's out.

A buddy who's son is competing in the FIRST competition got to hang out with me in my shop today also. He is by far the best Manufacturing Engineer I've ever met. And I know a BUNCH of 'em!

I have a GREAT job!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/17/18 11:06 a.m.

Well I'm down 14lbs this week alone. I guess being sick isn't all that terrible. 

1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ONK3Ei88DpYxlDRN59Njv0qBWeV2jNy35BAix8f38BYbk4ZBnr21b6g2yzKnlUTq