1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 292
Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/18 9:33 a.m.

The lawn mower is back together and running and the TB got replaced on the new/old SAAB vert we got reciently.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/18 2:25 p.m.

This is much more than a minor win, but the circumstances bring it down a few notches.

I was asked to help a buddy help his mom clean out her basement after her husband died. I was rewarded with a table top mill and lathe (both for metal). I am humbled by this kindness.

Something like these

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/2/18 9:59 p.m.

I just got rid of a nasty sinus headache.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/18 4:23 p.m.

My garage faces West, and it's been pretty sunny and hot while I've been replacing the starter on my E60.  So I made my own shade with a couple of old sheets and some spring clamps.

Secondary minor win:  holy E36 M3, the new starter cranks this thing like a 4-cyl Honda with a bad timing belt!

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
7/3/18 8:06 p.m.

My uncle wanted CarPlay in his Altima 3.5SR. Buying a high-end head unit with someone else's money is pretty sweet. Install thread coming once the backup cam module arrives

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/18 7:10 a.m.
Torkel said:

In reply to Duke :

When the Mrs realized this, she was absolutely livid.

Taking once driving license in Sweden is typically a 1 year deal, with obligatory lessons, training on a skid-track (yes, they hose down a track with an oil/water mix and make sure you can induce and correct a skid), driving in snow, etc. She had then driven during snowy winters with our manual cars for 16years... but she isn't considered as experienced and safe as the texting soccer moms in NC.

I was sure someone at the DMV was going to get a black eye that day...

Ha, that reminds me of my driver training when I was 17.  "Slide the car, and try to avoid an imaginary object right THERE."  

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/5/18 9:06 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

My garage faces West, and it's been pretty sunny and hot while I've been replacing the starter on my E60.  So I made my own shade with a couple of old sheets and some spring clamps.

Secondary minor win:  holy E36 M3, the new starter cranks this thing like a 4-cyl Honda with a bad timing belt!

I like that idea to get some light but keep it cool. Might steal that one...

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/18 9:25 a.m.

My brothers new to him car is working again and I don't have to help swap the motor.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/5/18 1:59 p.m.

Just found a $20 while digging for the spare ley to my wifes car after it fell behind the desk.

I'll take it as a win!

Granted, i probably have a minor rant post for losing it whenever that was.....

AngryCorvair
7/5/18 4:50 p.m.

my Angry Samoans pandora station plays a lot of Dag Nasty

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/9/18 5:20 p.m.

Finally went all-in (well, almost) on fixing the exhaust on the Neon. I fabricated a slip on splice to bridge the gap where the exhaust rusted in half. And then welded it in instead of bolting it. The car is once again nice and quiet like any good appliance should be. This fix just has to last until I replace the car in spring 2020. GRM for the win.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/13/18 11:35 a.m.

The Manic Miata lost boost and ran OK but wouldn't get out of its own way.

Minor win: the alarm went off and I woke up.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/18 12:12 p.m.

Finally installed the hitch I've been wanting on the CR-Z today. The best part? I actually had the correct tool for every part of the job. Well, my torque wrench stopped at 109 ft lbs, when the instructions said 110, but otherwise, super smooth.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/18 11:41 p.m.

Its been a month since I stopped vaping. I know that doesn't sound like a minor win but I used vaping to stop smoking 2 years ago. I then got addicted to vaping. I was using 12mg e-juice and over about 2 months, I reduced it down to 6mg, then to 3mg. Then I stopped.

It was easier to switch from cigarettes to vaping than it was to stop vaping. I never had such intense cravings before! Its a lot better now but I still think about it.

One of my coworkers noticed I wasn't taking "smoke" breaks anymore. I told him that I stopped vaping. He wants to try vaping to help him to quit smoking. I'm just going to give him all my vape stuff. I don't need it anymore and if it can help him quit, that's a double win.

My motivation for quitting was really to prove to myself that I'm not as big of a failure I sometimes tell myself I am. I can still accomplish difficult things if I put my mind to it. Its a small step but a step in the right direction. I just have to keep the momentum up...

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
7/16/18 9:04 a.m.

Autocrossed yesterday in my old CSP lite car.  I towed the club trailer to the site so I got a free event, then drove a car on Hoosiers that I no longer own, and managed a 4th raw time out of 53 drivers.

It was almost enough to make me want to keep the ecotec Miata but I want out of the Hoosier game.  

What really blew me away was that we were on 150+ run tires and I only lost by 0.3 seconds.  Stickers and I would have had FTD! 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/17/18 8:52 p.m.

The kid had a stomach ache tonight, probably from not drinking enough water, running around, and then chicken nuggets. Of course, sharp tummy pain led to tears and dramatics at bedtime.

The win? Both pups hopped in her bed which distracted her until she felt better and fell asleep. I love dogs.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/18 8:58 a.m.

Picked up an 01 NB to be my new daily last night. Guy posted it at like 2pm, I saw it at 2:30, sent him a message and worked out a deal same day for $700 less than his asking price. It has basically everything I've been looking for in an NB, so I jumped on it. I think it will work out well. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/24/18 5:28 p.m.

Turned on the radio and tuned to local rock station exactly as the first note of War Pigs came on.  

AngryCorvair
7/24/18 5:49 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Hand of God has struck the hour!

AngryCorvair
7/24/18 5:49 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Build thread?

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/24/18 5:56 p.m.

Tires for the Challenge van got delivered today. Once I get them mounted to the wheels I can put them on the van and finally see how sweet the APV-R is going to look on 18" wheels. 

Even more than that, this means that I can move the van away from the wall and get started on the paint scheme. I'm excited. This should be fun. laugh

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/18 6:21 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Thread over.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
7/24/18 8:22 p.m.

I got a huge promotion at work today with a significant jump in pay! Woot!

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/24/18 8:42 p.m.

Starting a new job on Monday, fixing boat props.  Better pay and I get to learn some new metal working stuff.

Also, not 100% sure yet, but we might soon have an opportunity to move to a place with a garage... and a yard... and a shop...!!  (and space for more cars, but I'm not sure if that would be a good thing cheeky)

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
7/25/18 9:09 a.m.

Bonus win: the SCCA must be struggling for content because they called me for an interview for an online article. 

https://www.scca.com/articles/2010020-take-5-with-stephen-lee

1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z4qXCyO7PKBomorTQ9qCbNEarXaE6HySpqK2DrcFIoscB9feqXmUFVTLLzeZ0N65