1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 292
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/31/18 3:26 p.m.

Today I managed not to say the three words that I really really wanted to say.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/31/18 4:01 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Go berkeley yourself???

I did say them. To a coworker. 

Thats my win!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
8/2/18 11:51 a.m.

Prepaid for my share of my surgery in June, and thought the number seemed excessive.  Today, I got a refund check from the hospital for about half of the payment.  This will help considerably with the household budget.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
8/2/18 12:51 p.m.

My son got his learner's permit. First try, missed 4 out of the 8 possible to pass. 

EastCoastMojo
8/2/18 3:38 p.m.

Ok, serious win here. And I feel like an idiot for not realizing that my 4Runner had this feature earlier...

That's right folks! It's a crotch vent! berkeley yeah. Thing was turned all the way around so I never felt any air coming out, never looked closely until today. Score. I berkeleying love this truck.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/2/18 7:09 p.m.

GM cars of the 70's had crotch air, and those old Frigidaire air conditioners could chill hanging meat.

That's a double entendre, I think...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/2/18 7:35 p.m.

So it blows your skirt up as they say. FTW laugh

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
8/4/18 4:58 p.m.

Wife's beetle got new tires, new air/AC filters, full detail and a few small creaks and loose bolts fixed. Going to put the new oil temp sender in this evening on the lift when it cools down from 92f and 80% humidity and I can have a beer. With that all of our cars are up to date on maintenance and everything works~!! Having less cars is nice.

Also got a emergency call form the blood bank and gave a full bag as they were light on O+/-. They gave me one of those boba tea's there after and holy tar are those things good.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/4/18 5:16 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

GM cars of the 70's had crotch air, and those old Frigidaire air conditioners could chill hanging meat.

That's a double entendre, I think...

I lived through that era and I remember those short shorts - I hope the fad never returns and yes, I remember the hanging meat reference.  

NickD
NickD UberDork
8/6/18 7:57 a.m.

Went on the first date that I've gone on in roughly 7 years. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/6/18 10:03 a.m.

My wife still misses the crotch blower from her 90 Celica.  

I was able to fix the air compressor in SWMBO's car without having to buy anything.  Not long after we got our R class, about 8 years ago, the air compressor went out.  One of the air lines had gotten a hole rubbed through it, compressor was running non stop and then stopped.  The car needed a trans flush so I took it to an independent Merc shop and had them fix it for me.  The owner asked if I wanted the old compressor and I figured I could take it apart and at least see what the issue was so I took it.  It went in ot the garage, put of a shelf, and there is sat, untouched.  Last week  the wife comes home from work and I can hear a god awful noise coming fro the front of the car.  I poke around and discover that the air compressor is making the noise.  I send my 15 year old to the computer to see how much they cost while I pull the fuses so the car can be used while I get it fixed.  Then I remember the old part sitting on a shelf so I drag it out and tear it apart.  I come to find out that some plastic got hot inside the motor, melted and dripped down onto the rotor. I cleaned out all of the hardened goo, swapped the compressors and ta da, a working vehicle again.  The scary part is that about a month ago I almost tossed the old part when I was cleaning up in the garage.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/18 3:53 p.m.

No matter how bad my personal life gets, I can rest easy knowing that I am not married to my boss's wife.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/6/18 6:16 p.m.

Got the swag part of my GRM subscription today. Opened up the T-shirt. BERK YEAH!!! ANGRY SHIFTER GUY!!!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/6/18 8:03 p.m.

The yellow jackets are berkeleying DEAD.

Maybe now i can mow the back yard when i get a chance and its not raining. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/7/18 3:47 a.m.

After a month of being lazy and feeling like I screwed up almost every part of both my personal and professional life, I finally got the engine mounted in my truck. A minor win I really think I needed badly. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/8/18 7:56 a.m.

DW is awesome.  As a surprise for me, she DVR'd a bunch of Supermarionation shows from Comet.  And she's even watching them with me!  Last night we watched:

Fireball XL5

Stingray

Captain Scarlet

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/8/18 8:40 a.m.

The e28 is coming together. Burnouts are fun. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/8/18 1:38 p.m.

Legally, and for free, got rid of 3 tube TVs today, then scored a 9lb bone in, skin on pork shank for $8. 

Little wins.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/8/18 2:08 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Be careful.  I destroyed the clutch doing a burnout last night. 

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
8/8/18 3:19 p.m.

This will be long, but I'll sum it up at the end.

The ABS has been wonky on the Avalanche for awhile. Worked fine, but the warning lights would randomly come on for a day or three. Google says control module solder is culprit. Last month, the long brake line to the rear axle decided it would explode (in heavy traffic, of course). Got a new OEM kit for $30-ish, snaked the new line in with help from my tiny-armed daughter, and had a local shop bleed it since it's computer controlled bullE36 M3. They say the ABS control module is bad, which I totally believe. Driving the truck anyway. New module overnighted from RA, went to put it in last night. Lying in the grass, since the garage is full of house parts. Stripped the last screw head, which is totally inaccessible without pulling the whole pump out. Berkeley. Put it back together with the old module still on, put the fuse back in (pulled to keep the pump from running/burning up), re-connected the battery. Started the truck. No more warning lights. No more chime telling me I'm going to die if I drive it. Everything back to 100% functional, including the ABS (I tested it. Hard.) and the automatic headlights, which had also quit working.

Yay for self-healing vehicles! Still going to put the new module in, but at least I have a breather. The chime was driving the kids crazy.

TL;DR The ABS on my truck fixed itself.

AWSX1686
8/8/18 3:58 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Be careful.  I destroyed the clutch doing a burnout last night. 

Aha! There's where this one will (unfortunately) surprise you... No clutch, because it's automatic! (Only auto I own... Have a manual to swap in, but no time.) 

Also, I may have completely disabled the rear brakes, so it doesn't have to work very hard...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 4:02 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I and Love and You?

EastCoastMojo
8/8/18 4:50 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

It was actually I berkeleying Quit, but it's highly probable that if those had been said that Dusterbd's guess would have directly followed. The win is that I kept my E36 M3 together and have a lead on another position in the company working with someone who is not an shiny happy person. Fingers crossed, hope to hear more soon. It will mean a cut in pay, but my happiness and sanity is worth more than extra scratch.

Today's win, I made someone smile.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/18 7:11 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
EastCoastMojo said:

I and Love and You?

Avette Brothers reference?

AWSX1686
8/10/18 12:24 p.m.

Free lunch today because MOD pizza is awesome!!

1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IanCAMdpnDtXyr036TNPfkRXkSxCj89QW2M1MmLIhtzO2SycGcfHEzJVlsLe23sO