1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 291
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/18 1:05 p.m.
wheelsmithy said:
AngryCorvair said:
EastCoastMojo said:

Today I managed not to say the three words that I really really wanted to say.

I and Love and You?

Avette Brothers reference?

Yes!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/10/18 1:18 p.m.

I just made a reasonable facsimile of BBQ sauce from random contents of my desk.

2 packets of ketchup, 1 packet of mustard, 1 packet of honey and some black pepper.

Really finished off the brisket sandwich.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/10/18 11:17 p.m.

Passed my practical, no longer on a provisionary license (think one step between a learner's permit and a full license), full steam ahead now

NickD
NickD UberDork
8/11/18 12:31 p.m.

Got in on the preorder for a Blackbird Fabworx Black Edition spoiler but needed a spare decklid to mount it too. Also needed a spare hood to whack some vents in. Went to the junkyard on a whim, and spotted a scruffy but dent-free white 1990. Grabbed the hood and decklid for $50 a piece.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/11/18 1:56 p.m.

NC project is steaming along.  Engine is in, trans is in, PPF is in, driveshaft is in, exhaust manifold is mounted.  Things are moving along swimmingly.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/12/18 4:01 p.m.

Spent the afternoon doing a foamechtomy on the new NB.  Enjoying the extra head room already.  Also, no blood sacrifice to the evil SOB who invented hog rings so, all in all, a good day.  

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
8/12/18 7:43 p.m.

Test drove my next car this weekend at the CAM East event in Peru, IN. Struck a deal with the owner and will be picking it up sometime after nationals!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/12/18 10:33 p.m.

Waiting to get the NC put together I was loath to miss an event so I put it out there to my local autocross group that I was in need of a seat, any seat i’m not choosy.  An awesome competitor stepped up with a co-drive offer in a truly ridiculous 1979 Malibu.  400 hp, Hoosiers, brakes the size of garbage can lids, fiberglass body panels and enough electronic goodies that it feels like a spaceship from the pilots seat.  

We took turns wheeling the beast but in the end I bested the cars owner and builder by .5 of a second.  Awesome experience and gives me more tools in my repertoire while I was able to give him feedback about driving techniques and areas to improve the car.  I can’t wait to see it (and him) get even faster!

(oh, and I had a raw time $1 bet with a buddy in a EP civic and edged him out by 0.013)

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
8/13/18 5:46 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I’m so proud of you!

NickD
NickD UberDork
8/13/18 7:55 a.m.

Better be careful, guys. We keep posting all these Miata-related minor wins, and we might have to start a Miata Minor Wins thread to keep people happy cheeky

Torkel
Torkel New Reader
8/13/18 1:22 p.m.

I broke one of the super sexy Ground Control camber plate on my SpecE30 (well, I broke a lot more, but that's not important). So I asked them if they would consider selling me only the drivers side assembly, fully expecting a "They come in pairs, see our webpage"-kind of answer.

Well, not only could they sell me just one side, they also asked what was broken and offered to sell me only the needed replacements parts for the damaged camber plate assembly. The expected $460 repair suddenly became $85. Kudos to Ground Control for excellent customer service.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
8/13/18 2:15 p.m.

I have to choose between attending a Dyno Day at the one local performance Diesel shop OR a 'rally' this weekend. Both are happening on the same day. This counts as a win right?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/13/18 2:42 p.m.

Just watched as this 124' yacht went past my house as I was making a couple hot dogs. $65,000 and you could rent it for a week. Someone is majorly winning, but we only have a minor win thread, so I'll take it as a minor win that I got to see Murphy's Law pass by.  The boat it was towing was out of my league. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/13/18 3:01 p.m.

Scored Canadian Tire's MIG & Flux welder for $230 Canadian. Not bad for what's now essentially a Lincoln Electric copy.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
8/13/18 8:17 p.m.

Just got a letter from my mortgage company stating that my house is now paid in full. No more house payments. Only taxes and insurance once a year. And that combined is less than $3,000. The only bad is no more tax deduction. Time to increase the retirement account. More $$ for projects. Now to save up for a workshop/detached garage.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/14/18 9:56 a.m.

I had a pretty good win at work while I was on vacation, pulling about 20% out of our monthly bill for our most costly resource that we re-sell, effectively raising our margins without changing much of anything about how we provide our service to our customers.  Coming off a win like that, I was thinking to myself as I walked across the parking lot yesterday that it was a good time for me to try to make a move -- internal or external, but it's always best to make a move when your stock is high instead of waiting until you're treading water.  An hour later, I come to find out that there are actually three internal groups that are fighting each other to claim me right now, so it's even better than I thought.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/14/18 3:30 p.m.

Soul Finger by the Bar-Kays just popped into my head.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/15/18 6:37 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ffacebook%2Fvideos%2F473366499799317%2F&width=500&show_text=false&height=281

I appreciate a good DJ, and this guy is a very, very good DJ indeed. It's silly how giddy this sort of thing makes me. Yes, giddy.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
8/15/18 8:08 p.m.

I like my new job. I also like my new commute.

Instead of Metro Detroit rush hour I get this:

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/16/18 5:02 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

I like my new job. I also like my new commute.

Instead of Metro Detroit rush hour I get this:

I'd even take the long way home to be on this stretch of road.........everyday!!!!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/16/18 10:40 p.m.

Not sure if win, but this morning I fixed a series of electronic issues in a 2011 Silverado, and this afternoon, balanced, adjusted and researched the correct needles for a Mk1 Lotus Cortina with  SU HIF carbs.

A bit of a stretch from one to the other...

Found a good website with needle measurements, and another site that seems to stock a billion or so of them.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/16/18 10:50 p.m.

The "new" truck's brakes are done. I was about to call the rear drums "good enough 'til next year", then noticed a couple chunks of lining material on the ground among the brake dust. And noted the spot on the shoe where they came from.

The local Napa's machine shop was so fast turning the drums that I only got about a third of the way through the shoe swap when they called to say they were done. I should've just gone down the street for a taco instead of heading home after dropping them off.

USERNAMETAKEN
USERNAMETAKEN GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/17/18 1:50 p.m.

My dog killed a rat in the garden and didn't bring it in the dog-door!

Sorry, no pic.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/17/18 2:51 p.m.

Today I rescued a worm. I mean, I did a million other things too, but that was the most satisfying. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/17/18 4:05 p.m.

It's Friday Afternoon and for the first time all week, I don't feel like total garbage.

1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z8AkXv2mziYC5iVzHiUVR7dc5GCbf9SxK0xnP8Xhw5fwyg9sWiKtkslFfmtUGjVW