wae SuperDork
8/17/18 4:40 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

From the bottom of a bottle of tequila?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/17/18 4:42 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Haha! Nope, this one was alive. He got stranded on some hot pavement and was flipping out, so I put him in the grass. Good guess though, you know my taste in liquors. yes Second win for the day, I'm enjoying some tasty tequila right now.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/17/18 4:59 p.m.

The norovirus didn't kill me, and i felt well enough to get in to work for 3 hours, as well as wash the dishes. But that slap wore my ass out.

The other minor win: i dont have to cancel the challenge entirely! Just cut back on pto for it by 50% or so.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/22/18 8:40 a.m.

A somewhat awkward interaction with a friend over the weekend led me to some introspection over the last couple of days which in turn resulted in "brain lightning" in the shower this morning.  I suddenly have a really interesting understanding on how and why I handle interpersonal relationships and why something as simple as a routine handshake requires more concentration than it has any right to.  And I have whisky to thank for it!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/18 9:36 p.m.

Check Engine light is out!  Hooray!

(note: knock sensors wig out when their retention bolts are only finger tight)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/18 9:57 p.m.
wae said:

A somewhat awkward interaction with a friend over the weekend

Oh yeah, that's right.  You were working the same corner as Kyle.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/26/18 10:52 p.m.

I bought two NOS sets of B&G lowering springs, one for a GC 626, and one for a GD. The vendor messed up and sent an RX-8 set instead of the GD 626 one. After I informed them of the error, they sent out the correct set of springs and let me keep the RX-8 set. I sold the RX-8 set on FB, and now my total outlay for the both sets of 626 springs is $25. 

NickD
NickD UberDork
8/27/18 12:25 p.m.

Took my father out in the 245whp SSM Miata for a hot lap at the autocross yesterday. Got a number of "Holy E36 M3"s out of him, and a "Your mother won't like this".

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/27/18 6:41 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Today I managed not to say the three words that I really really wanted to say.

Normally I'm not one to quote myself, but tomorrow I get to say those words! Well, of course I'm not going to say those exact words, but I have accepted another job offer and words will be said. Win!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/28/18 8:32 p.m.

Found a steel box spring on a local auction site.  Picked it up today and screwed it together super easy.

$25 and I have a super-duper NON-SQUEAKING bed.  Yay!!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/29/18 12:49 a.m.
JamesMcD said:

I bought two NOS sets of B&G lowering springs, one for a GC 626, and one for a GD. The vendor messed up and sent an RX-8 set instead of the GD 626 one. After I informed them of the error, they sent out the correct set of springs and let me keep the RX-8 set. I sold the RX-8 set on FB, and now my total outlay for the both sets of 626 springs is $25. 

Name drop. They sound like a stand up outfit.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/29/18 12:52 a.m.

I've sold a ton of crap on Craigslist, FaceBalls, and let-it-go.  $260 for things that only cost me about 45 minutes of my time to pick up initially.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/29/18 6:44 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:
EastCoastMojo said:

Normally I'm not one to quote myself, but tomorrow I get to say those words! Well, of course I'm not going to say those exact words, but I have accepted another job offer and words will be said. Win!

Awwww, yisssssssss!

AngryCorvair
8/29/18 7:35 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:
EastCoastMojo said:

Dancing Rodents to you, ECM!

AngryCorvair
8/29/18 7:36 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Found a steel box spring on a local auction site.  Picked it up today and screwed it together super easy.

you should berkeley harder.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/29/18 10:29 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

you should berkeley harder.

More than slightly NSFW:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD9vFnb3PvA

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
8/29/18 12:10 p.m.

Road trip up north went off without a hitch. Son got to drive the Golden Gate Bridge and Lombard Street, our first time at Laguna Seca was a blast, all the eye candy just driving around like it's no big deal and of course the Concours D Elegance at Pebble Beach. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/29/18 9:12 p.m.

With this post I will be promoted....

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/29/18 9:13 p.m.

...now I am SuperDork!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/18 9:20 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Congratulations!! 

You could have Vanna tell them for you:

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
9/2/18 6:38 p.m.

Was riding shotgun in a friend's car when he had a moment. Below the speed limit (and even the corner advisory limit), he hit a wet patch mid-corner, aquaplaned, tail end came round and he went up the embankment a little. Why am I talking about this in the win thread? Nobody was hurt, no other parties or property were involved and the damage was all cosmetic (no unibody or even bumper beam damage) and will be pretty cheap to fix with junkyard parts (most likely under $100). His car even still drives great, no tracking or anything. Pretty much a best-case scenario for a car crash, so I'm gonna call that a win.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/2/18 8:42 p.m.

Parallel parked my 88 Silverado with a topper (really poor rear visibility) tonight. 

A guy followed me into the restaurant to shake my hand for the parking job.

I've gotten applauded after parking my panther body LTD.

Along with putting IV catheters in sick dogs and cats with no blood pressure, I can add parallel parking to my list of extremely minor superpowers.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
9/3/18 8:36 p.m.

Had a good day today: finally got our shared kitchen all the way cleaned up, wiped down, and swept (all of which it desperately needed). Hung out with family during the day, and got back home in time to make a week's worth of meals and switch workbenches in the garage. My "new" workbench with storage in the base and a 2-tier shelf is now in place, and the workbench that had been there is now well on it's way to being my mobile "fab table," with the Benchtop Brake, steel plate for welding, and anvil. I'll be able to rob one of the power strips from the new workbench to attach to the side, and then if I can come up with some angle-grinder storage I'll have the ideal setup!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/3/18 9:41 p.m.

Three days of wrenching on the B6 Passat are done and very nearly complete.

Struts, control arms, ball joints, brake pads, oil change, trans fluid and filter change, sway bar end link, and more.  I’m utterly beat and zee Germans apparently hate shade tree mechanics (seriously, jack up the engine to replace a control arm bolt??!) but i’m done so i’m calling it a win.  Sigh.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
9/3/18 10:09 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

It's not just the Germans any more. My Mazda 6 requires you to drop the front subframe to do the control arms!! You're even supposed to take out one of the catalytic converters but I was able to work around it. Spent the whole job thinking, this can't be right. But it was. Plus there are six control arms total, each with a ball joint. Who the heck puts six ball joints in the front of a car?!

1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QA72POI2hzWTM4EqKXw9ugfH6OsCDHgwEfBq2NusSJzZACOLRLJyzMNIUu6JEGGC