1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 291
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/26/19 1:51 a.m.

I wasn't the one that made an ass of himself in a bar in Louisville when Allan Jackson walked in. I was the semi sober friend helping the ass outside before he puked on the floor.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/29/19 10:24 a.m.

It turns out that DHL's customs brokerage fees are actually pretty reasonable. The Customs Canada estimator tool said my duties would be around $38, DHL charged me $43 which means that their brokerage fee was only $5 which is great because PayPal's CAD to JPY exchange fee stings a little

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/29/19 8:50 p.m.

Seems I totally forgot my urologist appointment.  I got a call an hour later that my PSA was 0, 7 years out.  Sweet.  Only bad thing is I like the nurse.  

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/19 11:53 p.m.

I started work as a Mental Health Therapist today and even saw my first client. It was rewarding!

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/30/19 7:11 p.m.

The old beater ranger started in this -15f (-40 windchills) and I managed too jump a few people who needed help. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/31/19 7:32 a.m.

Just got selected to be a helicopter pilot.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
1/31/19 11:15 a.m.

Don't know when it happened, but in the last few days I hit "Dork" Status. 3.5 years in the making, guess I've been taking my time! 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
1/31/19 7:20 p.m.

Finally got the giant box containing 2 Porsche 914 seats out of my garage.

Feels good. Those were taking up a lot of space.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/1/19 3:27 p.m.

Little more than just minor.  As of today, we own our house 100%- last mortgage payment was this morning.

Pretty cool.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/19 4:26 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

i regret that i have but one thumbs-up to give.   i'm about 6.5 years behind you.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/1/19 4:40 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Thanks!  And the plan for 2022 retirement is right on track.

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
2/1/19 5:45 p.m.

Whilst sitting at Uptown Coffee today I saw a pristine BRG TR6 with the top down, easing toward The Square on N. Lamar. Boy I miss that sound! Spring can't be far off.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
2/2/19 9:50 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

It's a great feeling! Paid mine off last August.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
2/3/19 12:05 a.m.
classicJackets said:

Don't know when it happened, but in the last few days I hit "Dork" Status. 3.5 years in the making, guess I've been taking my time! 

I'm still working on it after a decade or so. One post at a time.....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/4/19 4:30 p.m.

Sous vide filet. That is all.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/4/19 4:40 p.m.

Whdn the cops and i kicked in the door, we didn't find what we feared.

Yes, this is a serious win in my buisness. Wellness checks usually don't end well.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/19 5:06 p.m.
RevRico said:

Sous vide filet. That is all.

I have a ribeye cooking sous vide right now. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/5/19 7:25 a.m.

The AK remains unused.  Today was a good day

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
2/5/19 4:05 p.m.

My favorite junkyard, 2.5 hours from my current house and 45 min from where I grew up, had the transfer case I needed already off the truck and ready to go.  They also have a delivery truck to a shop 25 miles from my house every Wednesday.  

So by the end of the week I should have every part I need except for the custom motor mounts and potentially custom length driveshafts to swap a 4.8L v8 and 5-speed manual transmission into my Isuzu Amigo. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
2/5/19 5:00 p.m.

It was warm enough today for me to re-loom my trunk harness. My trunk release works again, as do my reverse lights and third brake light. It's definitely not a pretty job, but it's reasonably water-resistant and it just simply works.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/5/19 5:19 p.m.

Nailed my pinion angle with a handheld circular saw tonight. God bless woodworking tools and aluminium. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/19 6:38 p.m.

Cutting caffeine and sugar.  Need to do SOMETHING to make my body work right.  This feeling tired and fatigued all the time, sleeping for two or three hours a night and waking up with my heart hammering at 120bpm, is getting old.

Already feeling way better.  Day one I cut all caffeine and added sugar entirely.  Had a massive headache in the afternoon, I'm calling that caffeine withdrawal.  As a migraine expert, it was weird to get a headache and not experience partial blindness first.  Drank some emergency OJ and felt jittery.  Ate some real food instead and felt better, and the headache went away too.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
2/5/19 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Yeah, the first few days without caffeine are rough.  It helps blood pressure a ton, though.  I went from borderline high to normal range after ditching caffeine.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/19 10:24 p.m.

Nice weather here in NYC.  Decided to spend some time on the Volvo.  Did some touch up paint, re glued the material on the A pillar moulding, and detailed it.  Even had the Mrs. involved.  All is right in Jim World.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/19 11:09 p.m.

It only happens once

1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8fWiP6qdobPawWDa0ZceUnqcpamsDtGRBu4m72saXt2HmKLlMWFmZqPSEFqi49f0