1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87
Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
3/22/19 2:25 p.m.

Some RPO Codes you might want to know

FE7.  HD SUSPENSION 

FX3.  ADJ SUSP (SPECIAL SHOCKS)

J55 HI PERF FRONT BRAKES. (13" ROTORS BIGGER CALIPERS)  MUST USE 17 in WHEELS. Regular brakes are 12 in rotors in front and can use 16 inch wheels

DANA 36 DIFF 

GM 1 259 GEAR

G77 3.33 GEAR

G44 3.O7 GEAR

GM3. 3.45 GEAR

I include rear axle gearing for sale or recoup info. Generally lower the gear the pricier the rear. For example Dana 36 259 gear will go for $600 or so. Figure 750 to 850 for 3:45

IIRC convertibles have a X-Type chassis brace that is desirable to adapt to coupes for stiffer frame. May be able to use it on your Corvair or truck project. But on recoup there are people that want them. You'd be surprised the amount of interior parts door parts switches door panels etcetera that are in high demand. Don't know what you paid for it but you probably can zero out the vette on just little stuff

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
3/22/19 3:45 p.m.

I've been watching a Vintage Motorsports Stage Rally documentary on Amazon the last few days, with awesome '80s footage of Gruppe B rally cars. The show is enjoyable in it's own right, but I had subtitles on from a previous show and every time the narrator stops talking and you hear the sweet sound of the engine the subtitles read "[music]". Damn straight it is.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/22/19 7:21 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

+100

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/23/19 7:51 p.m.

Friend's daughter's boyfriend needs to do a complete brake job on his fronts because he spent money on her instead of his metal on metal brakes.

He can't work on cars at his apartment so we head to a nearby closed down Kmart to do them.   I noticed a car parked nearby and when I look over later I see a sheriff's officer parked and talking to them. I overhear enough to know they're getting a trespass warning.  He's wrapping up and I know we're next. 

Then whatever good karma I've earned in my life all got cashed in at once. A dumbass in a 5 series BMW comes in the parking lot and not seeing the officer proceeds to do donuts. Officer jumps in his patrol car and takes off. Dumbass decides to run. I got a good show of the chase and the kid gets to finish his brake job. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/24/19 12:02 a.m.

Did both belts and all the motor mounts on the Mazda 5 today - and everything went completely smoothly. I didn't break anything and I didn't have any extra pieces when I was done. Minor rant - I bought the little tool for the AC belt and definitely didn't need it. I found a video on youtube of a ziptie trick that works amazingly well and would have saved me a couple bucks. Small price to pay for a car that feels years newer than it did.

Maybe all this wrenching is actually paying off?

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/24/19 6:25 p.m.

Season opener of the 2019 autocross season today.  My son is 17 now and able to drive independently (win) and we took the NC in CS trim with four(!) year old RE-71s.   Out of 48 drivers I managed 6th PAX and 16th raw.  More importantly though was how well my son did, less than 2 seconds off my time and beat some good drivers in some serious hardware.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
3/25/19 11:27 p.m.

I was kinda bummed out at work today when I had an idea. I took lunch and drove over to the hobby shop, not knowing what I was after. $110 later, I was the proud owner of a Latrax Rally. My first Traxxas (well, maybe "Traxxas," since this seems to be a sub-brand) in 30 years.

I wonder if the other nerds will run out and buy one if I employ it on the vast carpeting at the office. 

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
3/26/19 8:44 a.m.

I got to ride this little slice of heaven all day Sunday with my Flat track buddies.  About 1/10 mile D shaped oval with some good elevation change and an ever so slightly off camber turn.  Plan is to run every other weekend through spring, summer, and fall.  Track is on private property and is invite only and somehow I made the list. cheeky

MrSmokey
MrSmokey Reader
3/26/19 10:53 p.m.

I just figured out what the red dot beside the top several thread titles mean on when I get back on grm after a few hours 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
3/27/19 12:02 p.m.

I just deposited a very nice check.  Very nice indeed.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/27/19 1:38 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

I just deposited a very nice check.  Very nice indeed.

That inheritance mess get sorted out?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/19 1:38 p.m.

I've never ever noticed the red dots. Not once. Till now.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/27/19 9:17 p.m.

Dilbert is on Amazon Prime. Woohoo.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
3/28/19 6:18 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Yup.  For the first time in years and years I’m financially secure.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
3/28/19 9:38 p.m.

LadyCJ and I put an offer for a pretty sweet house tonight, and I think it's one we'll actually get. We've had a great realtor help us and supportive family even though we're not doing things "in order."

On top of that, today I sorta finalized my plan to ask her to be Mrs CJ and am hoping to do that midway through next month. Exciting day for the two of us!

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/28/19 10:08 p.m.

We met with the oncologist today.  While fairly large, the tumor was at stage 1 so there is no need for any additional treatment.  Of course there has to be a hitch, the staples were probably pulled out a little too soon and when we got home she split open getting out of the car. We went back and they said it wasn’t too bad and showed us how to repack and dress it a few times a day until she gets a nurse to come by and take care of it. I’m still not as good with other people’s blood as I am my own but her mother is back from Florida and has taken over for me.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/4/19 8:16 p.m.

Although a SMALL part of me might miss him, overall, I think this is good news: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/darrell-waltrip-announces-retirement-from-fox-sports-nascar-team

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/4/19 8:41 p.m.

Today I met Karl LaFollette

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
4/4/19 10:47 p.m.

Since no vehicular purchase is official without the gas station shot, here is my new toy (and summertime DD).  Obsolete at the National level but still a very capable autocross tool.  Built by Junior Johnson it has about every trick piece of hardware you could throw at an NC 10 years ago.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/5/19 11:05 a.m.

berkeley yeah! We don't owe the irs!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
4/5/19 3:17 p.m.

Visa is officially paid off.  That feels good.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
4/7/19 8:12 a.m.

Remembered to do some research I'd been thinking about since a conversation with EvanB a week or two ago.

Thanks to the Imperium of Bosch's stranglehold on European auto electronics, Supersecret Project M44 may move forward.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
4/7/19 8:23 p.m.

Yeah, this new car will absolutely do.  I got edged by a 500hp Hoosier tired monster for raw and by an FS Mustang driven by a multiple time nationals champion in PAX.

No excuses, this is a solid showing and will get better when I get more than 12 minutes seat time in the car.  laugh 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
4/8/19 8:24 a.m.

Friday night I got the transmission installed back in my brother-in-law's ranger. Technically my first trans/clutch job. Seems to have gone well!

Saturday I towed home a miata with no head, and before going to sleep had the rebuilt head installed (also a first for me) and the car running, and cleaned up the interior a bit. Definitely a solid car, and a heck of a deal. 

Didn't get to rest much on Sunday, but I helped out some friends and took care of some other stuff. 

All in all, a very busy, tiring, but satifying and sicessful weeked!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
4/8/19 8:28 a.m.

Yestrrday some parts fell off the tractor when I was mowing. A roller for the deck, two bushings, a washer and a circlip. I found all of the parts!

1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87
Our Preferred Partners
mio6TUlAFi73fkzQs1r30shtBGGeOorK5UN75zGnmY08NnCTTJSEnXuaYia2TXF6