1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 292
JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/16/19 7:46 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:

In reply to JohnInKansas :

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

I tried, but it didn't photograph well. Along the lines of photographing a really spectacular moon; looks underwhelming on crappy phone camera.

This is the best I got. Maybe because its a pretender off-road vehicle posing in a driveway. Maybe because I'm a E36 M3 photographer. Wifey is going to try to get all artsy with it this weekend and maybe get some action shots.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/18/19 2:01 a.m.

Currently living in the mountains again. berkeley I missed waking up to birds singing rather than asshats riding motorcycles past my house at twice the speed limit

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/18/19 7:14 p.m.

30 years ago today, I left for boot camp. In a couple of weeks, it will 10 years since I left the Navy. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/21/19 1:54 p.m.

My new helmet I ordered actually fits.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/19 2:20 p.m.

It was bad tie day at work.  The Cactie was the unanimous winner/loser.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/21/19 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

That tie is AWESOME .

my win: the tint shop next to where i ate lunch was running a special today. New car is getting tinted for 200 bucks instead of the 400 i was quoted at their otjer location. 

Scottah
Scottah Dork
5/21/19 2:42 p.m.

Pinchvalve is selling his Kia Rondo!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/19 3:05 p.m.

Was just selected for a big proposal that will keep my staff working for the next 18-24 months at 40-50 hours a week no problem.  (The client was good with the up charge for the potential Overtime to make there deadlines)  Contract is way more than fare for me and for the client.  A win Win for both of us.  

Mind you this is in top of the back log I have that is for the next 12 months. . . .. .  .   Hummmmmm   

These are good problems!!!

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
5/21/19 4:33 p.m.

Just scored an aluminum 5.3 block for $150 to combine with the 4.8L I scored for $200. 

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
5/21/19 7:22 p.m.

Washed SWMBO's horse trailer yesterday and waxed it today. Silverado done last week. Woo Hoo! The biggies out of the way for this summer. (yes, you read that right- 2 horse, slant load goose-neck horse trailer)

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/22/19 8:48 a.m.

Was listening to ambient sounds, "thunderstorm," if it matters. 

"Alexa, play this everywhere."

Through some leap of logic that only Bezos understands, Beast Mode by Ludacris started playing throughout the house. 

Turns out, I'm fine with this. 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/22/19 9:11 a.m.

so Psyched to be getting my new and improved V back after all the upgrades.  Dyno tuning is happy time.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/22/19 9:25 a.m.

The berkeleying rooster is GONE!!!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/22/19 9:35 a.m.
RevRico said:

The berkeleying rooster is GONE!!!

How did it taste? Baked or fried?

RevRico
5/22/19 9:37 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I didn't. I made the neighbor a cash offer to buy it then left town for the weekend, when I got back he was gone. It was 3 years old, would have made a good pot of soup but that's it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/22/19 11:30 p.m.

Fixed the flickering lights on the Radio Flyer. Flat shredded my hands, I'm filthy, and too tired to shower. I fixed the flickering lights.

JakeOG
JakeOG New Reader
5/23/19 8:21 p.m.

Thought I was going to post a rant - there are a lot more rants on here than wins - but this turned out to be a win.  We bought my wife a used 2015 Durango 3.6l.  Today was time for the first oil change.  I was disappointed to learn it has a cartridge style oil filter.  I thought we got over that mess about 70 years ago.  However, TIL the filter is right in the middle of the top of the engine and couldn't be easier to change.  No mess at all.  +1 for Dodge.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/19 8:27 p.m.

In reply to JakeOG :

Cartridge filters are superior from a waste perspective (less to throw away) and from a maintenance perspective: you can examine the used media without needing a filter cutter.

The waste thing is, if I infer correctly, the reason why most new engines have them.  One glowing review of a certain engine said that it had a cartridge filter for a "100% incineratable" maintenance waste.  (European countries, I gather, incinerate their garbage, rather than stick it in a hole in the ground)

But if you have a 3.6...  well, come back with how much you like it after the plastic oil filter/cooler housing warps and starts leaking at the lower O-rings.  On the bright side, the engine valley will hold 2.5 quarts of oil before it starts dumping oil all over the transmission.  And the dealers generally carry this in stock, since the 3.6 is the new generic Mopar engine and the cooler has an over 100% failure rate.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/23/19 9:32 p.m.

Ha, I found mine after it started leaking all over the ground-85k miles. Easy to change at least

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/19 7:40 a.m.

House we're interested in went down in price a bit. Put a verbal offer in last night, we'll see where it goes. 

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/24/19 9:55 a.m.

Was hanging with my neighbors last night, and ones buddy showed up in this:

I'm the last one in on the pass side rear. Made for a cool night to start summer Thursday's,  so im calling it a win!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/19 4:54 p.m.

In reply to JakeOG :

SWMBO's Wrangler has the 3.6. Easiest oil change ever, don't even need jack stands or ramps.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/19 6:12 p.m.

Yacht Rock Has Returned!!

RevRico
5/24/19 8:08 p.m.

Air show practice was today for this weekend. Got home from u pull it just in time to watch a few groups of very loud aircraft turn around over the house. From where I was standing, I'm surprised some of them weren't hitting each other.

The air show listing here. So the F16s and the snow birds were visible, as well as a few other teams that I don't see, maybe the tora Tora Tora group. Word is a B52 will be there Sunday, hope it follows a similar flight plan.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/19 8:15 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

I know what a Lil Yachty is. I'm not familiar with Yacht Rock.

1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ErmIRzyR2URGTjwcGd281lIVG34AIOd66jTYt0AD3NuJRXk7Jlm0ON1MurNJRvIk