1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 292
Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/24/19 8:16 p.m.

Hey In reply to Knurled. :

I’ve got a 2012 T&C with the 3.6. It’s got about 60k on it. I guess I should buy a spare  housing so I can replace it next time I change the oil. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/19 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Wipe the dipstick and shove it into the valley next to the cooler assembly.  If the dipstick comes out clean, no worries.

It's usually hard to see because the valley fills with leaves and acorn husks and stuff.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/25/19 6:02 a.m.

Easier on the T&C to slide it into the valley from the trans side.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/19 6:27 a.m.

You can always leave spilled dog treats for someone else to clean up, and you'll never be resented for it.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/25/19 8:49 a.m.
Mike said:

You can always leave spilled dog treats for someone else to clean up, and you'll never be resented for it.

You don't have a 1 year old, do you?

My win is that I'm going to look at a new racecar today to hopefully purchase.

Knurled.
5/25/19 9:16 a.m.
Mike said:

So dog treats are like cat barf?

(offer only applicable if you have more than one cat)

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/19 5:07 p.m.
Mike said:

In reply to Wally :

I know what a Lil Yachty is. I'm not familiar with Yacht Rock.

It’s a nice soft rock that seems like the kind of music a middle age man in a Buick should be enjoying.

Wally
5/27/19 5:08 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:
AWSX1686 said:

In reply to JohnInKansas :

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

I tried, but it didn't photograph well. Along the lines of photographing a really spectacular moon; looks underwhelming on crappy phone camera.

This is the best I got. Maybe because its a pretender off-road vehicle posing in a driveway. Maybe because I'm a E36 M3 photographer. Wifey is going to try to get all artsy with it this weekend and maybe get some action shots.

Is there a build thread somewhere for this?  I’m contemplating a rear bumper/ tire carrier for the jeep

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/28/19 11:26 a.m.

Apparently the step daughter just got dumped by her boyfriend.   Please, please let it be so and may it be permanent!!!!!!!!!!

Knurled.
5/28/19 11:45 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Apparently the step daughter just got dumped by her boyfriend.   Please, please let it be so and may it be permanent!!!!!!!!!!

HE left HER???

Either he is way full of himself or I have greatly underestimated the attractiveness of being a scumbag.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/28/19 12:34 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

There isn't, but I documented reasonably well and could do one if there's interest. Otherwise, shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to talk to you about it.

For a win:

Wife landed herself in the ER over the weekend, with a subsequent ambulance transfer to a Neuro clinic for MRIs and an overnight stay. They ran my insurance, but said it wasn't showing her as covered.  Not a good feeling. Called provider today and learned that not only is she not covered, NEITHER of us has been covered for almost a month. They backdated the coverage. Hopefully that's very nearly the end of the bills.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/28/19 12:40 p.m.

We were at the Memorial Day parade in Worthington yesterday, and there was a flyover! I think they were F18s. It was pretty sweet.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/19 12:46 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

don't even speak of it, for risk of jinxing it.   here's praying she's got no syphogonnocrabaherpaids and isn't pregnant.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/19 6:14 p.m.

My $25 off $200 Summit coupon from my SCCA renewal actually arrived the same day I needed stuff, so I actually used it instead of misplacing and/or forgetting about it!

Wally
5/28/19 6:29 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

I hope everything with the Missus is well, that’s no way to spend a weekend.  I can bother you at a better time.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/28/19 11:05 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

She's feeling better enough to go back to work. She's a lunatic. Thanks for your concern.

I sent you a PM.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
5/29/19 6:11 p.m.

That is a Chevy successfully mounted in a shortened ford chassis. Because reasons and challenge. 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/29/19 7:40 p.m.

Had a great day of meetings at the Ford R&D center!  Also noticed two different desks that had the latest edition of GRM waiting to be perused.

Knurled.
5/29/19 8:29 p.m.

Today's edition of "I have awesome friends":

I am fairly sure that I have driven all but two of these cars, three of which in giggle (by which I mean rallycross: rallycross is not in anger, it is way too much silly fun to be angry)

The Miata: Yes I drove it.

The XR4Ti:  Yes I drove it, and it sucked so hard I didn't post the evidence to YouTube

The S40:  Used to be mine

The 740:  Is that the turbo wagon?

The Montero:  As much as it sucked (fuel) it was a reliable companion.  It was kind of like a friendly mule.  It wasn't fast, it wasn't very effcient, it didn't smell all that good, but dammit it was there for you.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/19 9:40 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I miss the Montero.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/29/19 10:27 p.m.

I watched the ESPN Janet Guthrie special and saw my Dad (beard guy) in one of the clips as he was a fireman.   That was encouraging.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/30/19 8:05 a.m.

The golden monkey blend of black tea I prefer is delicious as is, though I don't drink it nearly as much these days and primarily drink hibiscus herbal tea, which I typically sweeten with a bit of honey to cut the bitter taste to make it more palatable.

Today I felt like I needed actual caffeine in the morning so made real tea, and decided to put the same honey in it as the hibiscus- this is now probably the best cup of tea I have ever had.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/19 8:17 a.m.

Bought a Ninja IQ blender the other day because I've been on a smoothie kick lately. Holy awesomeness Batman, this thing kicks serious ass. 

wae
wae SuperDork
5/30/19 11:51 a.m.

A whole day of minor wins to celebrate so far!  

- Took my daughter to the doctor and we got back into the car right when I had a con-call with a customer starting, so that timing worked out
- The customer was running late getting on the call, so it wasn't a big deal that I got on a minute or so late
- That call didn't last as long as it was supposed to, so I had time to get another task completed that I thought I wouldn't have time for
- And on my way back from lunch it started raining and I made a 5-2 shift instead of the 5-4 shift that I meant to make on a particularly twisty part of the road.  That broke the back end of the Miata loose at the precise moment that two cars were coming the other way and things got a bit puckered.  I drove through it, though, and kept it on the road, out of the guard rail and even (mostly) in my own lane!

Hopefully this trend continues for the rest of the day

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/19 11:57 a.m.
Knurled. said:

Today's edition of "I have awesome friends":

I am fairly sure that I have driven all but two of these cars, three of which in giggle (by which I mean rallycross: rallycross is not in anger, it is way too much silly fun to be angry)

The Miata: Yes I drove it.

The XR4Ti:  Yes I drove it, and it sucked so hard I didn't post the evidence to YouTube

The S40:  Used to be mine

The 740:  Is that the turbo wagon?

The Montero:  As much as it sucked (fuel) it was a reliable companion.  It was kind of like a friendly mule.  It wasn't fast, it wasn't very effcient, it didn't smell all that good, but dammit it was there for you.

Now I drive the XR4TI a bunch. 

1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4mJqSuAu9h8Yeng8rrbRCdq3otdBSzGYOicnKFiTN9tM9m15zvgxrjiX34lG7GOJ