1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 292
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/19 7:13 a.m.

Berk FoRS, I can afford to buy a Miata in the astonishingly near future.

Difficulty:  Anybody with decent credit can buy a new $30k car.  You need to have cash to buy a $8000 25 year old car.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/12/19 6:21 p.m.

Floor goes in tomorrow!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/12/19 7:52 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

now THAT is how you garage. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/12/19 8:24 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

Looks great!  What size is it?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/13/19 8:45 a.m.

That building is 24x60; the size was limited by the surrounding trees and setback from the road. Normally I would recommend going deeper (I have to pull the hitch out of my truck to close the door)  but this particular building is between the house and the road and is specifically designed for running and/or completed cars. Hopefully the only work that needs to be done in it is checking tire pressures and hooking up battery tenders.  The apron out front is where I'll be parking most of the time since my wife and inlaws have the house apron spoken for. 

We are hoping to get an office addition on the 30x40 shop this summer too. When that's done the 6 stall 22x72 storage building can actually get cleaned up and organized so hopefully everything ends up inside next winter. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/19 8:57 a.m.

jeebus man, you're living right!  24x60 + 30x40 + 22x72 = winning.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/13/19 10:52 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Dual income no kids. Though in all fairness the other two buildings were there when we bought the house so it's been 4 years of incremental improvement to get to this point.  This building was actually on our long term plan for about 5 years from now but we ran into a little inheritance $ and the opportunity to be able to use the space for the actual process of opening every box and sorting through stuff pushed it ahead of some other projects.  

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/13/19 6:19 p.m.

For the first time, my wife and I both have stable, solid jobs that we could conceivably stay at for longer than 1-2 years. Which also means that we can actually afford to live here - we have been making do for the last 1.5 years, but it's been tight. 

Huge weight lifted. 

Maybe someday we can actually buy a house?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/13/19 7:59 p.m.
cmcgregor said:

For the first time, my wife and I both have stable, solid jobs that we could conceivably stay at for longer than 1-2 years. Which also means that we can actually afford to live here - we have been making do for the last 1.5 years, but it's been tight. 

Huge weight lifted. 

Maybe someday we can actually buy a house?

My win is very similar to yours!

Wife just got a job and now we are back to 2 incomes.  Now we just need to sell our old house 800 miles away....

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/19 9:15 p.m.

It appears I have successfully installed a wireless bridge from my wife's veterinary clinic out to her horse barn, along with a wireless access point!

The bridge (NanoStation Loco) was a piece of cake.  The Ubiquiti access point was a fight, but what I was doing that didn't work last night now worked this evening.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/19 9:53 p.m.

I just signed the papers selling our house for a great price.

I was gifted a bottle of Scotch and bought a new snubby revolver today too. It's been a good day

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 2:35 p.m.

Spontaneous junkyard trip yielded a decent haul. Weather is nice. Top is down. Depending how lunch is at this restaurant I've never been too it's looking like a damn good day.

EDIT. Lunch was great. Damn good day confirmed.

Don49
Don49 Dork
6/14/19 9:15 p.m.

I bought a 1986 Nissan Pulsar NX last Saturday. Non running, completely dead battery and pretty crusty looking, but straight. I have had the battery charging on the maintenance cycle all week and it came back to life. It wasn't starting except with a spray of carb cleaner, so I pulled the fuel line shot carb cleaner back toward the tank, filled the filter with carb cleaner and it now runs. I have a minor amount of rust repair to do and then I'll repaint it with left over paint from my old race car. All told, I'll be in it less then $600.00 . Can anyone say Gastropod?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/14/19 9:30 p.m.

Storm door installation went off without a hitch, after more than a year of the old door just hanging there.

I now have a working hose outside, for the first time in several years.

Only cost me a broken toe and 2 trips to depot, around here, that's a win. 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/16/19 2:02 p.m.

So concrete done:

Plus I picked up this for $331, $1/ci:

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/16/19 3:37 p.m.

We close on our new house late July.  The shop will be getting built before we move in and I’m going with a 50x100.  I’m looking forward to the bigger shop,  but moving all the cars,  motorcycles,  and parts is going to take some time!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/16/19 4:57 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Moving to a rougher neighborhood?

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/16/19 5:19 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

I think a 50x100 shop counts as a major win!

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/17/19 1:56 p.m.

Pineview Run is trying to get a CNY drift series going at their track. I won't compete (at least not with the Miata) but I'd love to go spectate.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/17/19 3:02 p.m.

In the middle of trying to buy my E36 M3ty neighbors house since she is no longer keeping up the house note. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/17/19 3:59 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:

In the middle of trying to buy my E36 M3ty neighbors house since she is no longer keeping up the house note. 

Is that the one doing time for vandalism of your E36 M3?

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/17/19 4:14 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You are correct. 

wae
wae SuperDork
6/18/19 8:11 a.m.

Just got word that workman's comp is going to cover my broken toe.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/18/19 12:35 p.m.

Managed to convince my favorite bad influence when it comes to car antics to join up here. Now he can be you guys' problem too.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
6/18/19 3:19 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Professor_Brap said:

Is that the one doing time for vandalism of your E36 M3?

Do tell

1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ueluulr6e8JxNfViLbmIqYy2rA6VtuTcQocQFZtxnuNbOL8MEF1K2pP8V1wNeH8e