1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 292
Torkel
Torkel Reader
6/19/19 6:49 p.m.

My laptop battery failed. It won't charge. Not exactly a life changing disaster, but a little annoying. I've just been running the laptop constantly attached to the cord for a week (procrastinating) but now I finally decided to see if I could find a replacement. My expectation was to search for a loooong time before I found just the right one and then find "It is $XXX, so you might just buy a new laptop". 

I had obviously never bought a laptop battery before. Once I actually looked at the battery, I found that HP had written "replace with: " and a serial number on it. 30s later and the new battery was found on Amazon. Including shipping, it costed... $18. Not $180, as I expected. Just $18. 

I'm sure that to most of you, this was expected and common knowledge, but to me, it was a huge positive surprise!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 6:53 p.m.
wae said:

Just got word that workman's comp is going to cover my broken toe.

...and then gets denied when they hear that you drove up to Ohio to drive a car in some motorsports thingy.

Nevermind that you were doing as little actual walking as possible (even if I did have to remind you that hey, you're wearing a cast, let me drive you over to the RV)

Srsly, I felt awful that you had to get around as much as you had to.  It looked... unpleasant.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/19/19 7:00 p.m.

I sold the Subaru and found universal Soldier on Netflix. Top this all with some warmed up leftover apple pie and ice cream and it's turning out to be a pretty damn good night.

Knurled.
6/19/19 7:05 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Minor confession:  I have never seen Universal Soldier, but I used to listen to the sequel's soundtrack CD on repeat while gaming.

And now I want to burn this for car listening.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
6/19/19 7:07 p.m.

My girls are finally learning to swim (shame on me!) But in an otherwise E36 M3 day, this is a highlight and makes me super happy & proud :)

wae
wae SuperDork
6/19/19 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Haha!  At least they have good day-of pictures of the broken bone!  The worst part is actually how it makes everything else on me sore since I have to walk without bending my left foot or ankle.

Today's minor win: I picked up a lightly used self propelled Toro for a hundred bucks so the lawn can once again be mowed.  After, you know, the whole dove, olive branch, rainbow thing happens.

Knurled.
6/19/19 7:49 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I take it that it has not stopped raining in your slice of the world.

Hey, if it's been a week, then that means it's only 33 days away.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/20/19 7:51 a.m.

Never count your chickens before they are hatched, but I'm supposed to get a tubing bender for a good deal tomorrow night...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/19 8:02 a.m.

No more frozen HVAC!  Clean filter and clean exterior heat exchanger and she’s all good.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
6/20/19 10:52 a.m.

Scored an awesome deal on 275/55/20 Yokohama Geolander AT's for the 4Runner for ~200 less than normal.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yokohama-Geolandar-A-T-G015-All-Terrain-Tire-275-55R20-117H/55180115

With all the rain the current tires have been an exercise in hydroplaning.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/19 11:23 a.m.

fixed the rear windows on my mom's rendezvous. I was actually surprised how easy it was to replace the clips that keep them on the track and raise them up and down. Whomever designed that part for GM knew what they were doing. They even had a bolt hole in the sheet metal to get at the clips

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
6/20/19 9:46 p.m.

I scored a super crazy deal on a set if Bricklin SV-1 wheels! 

...Unfortunately they won't fit the Dajiban project (or anything else I currently own) *sigh*

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/20/19 11:18 p.m.

In reply to Madhatr :

Depending on the year of your van I have a couple sets of Dodge turbines that look just like those that I don't have any plans for. 

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
6/21/19 6:33 a.m.
oldopelguy said:

In reply to Madhatr :

Depending on the year of your van I have a couple sets of Dodge turbines that look just like those that I don't have any plans for. 

It's a 97, with the large truck 5 on 5.5" 

I have a feeling that is going to be problematic as all I have really found thus far is slots and stockcar steelies. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/19 11:45 a.m.

I scored two tickets for $15 to see my wife's favorite musician in Indy Wed night.  We were stage left 10 rows off the floor, very close and she loved it.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/21/19 12:05 p.m.

This is a win and a rant.  

Win:  My 87 560SL just got out of the paint shop and looks fantastic.

Rant:  The AC in it just stopped blowing cold.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/21/19 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Madhatr :

I have the wheels for you, maybe even two sets and some center caps, and would swap for the 5x4.5 ones you have if we can figure out shipping.  What's the middle, Sioux City? Maybe somewhere on I90 in MN?

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/19 7:02 p.m.

Tickets booked for my fly and drive!

Knurled.
6/22/19 6:50 a.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

There is too much win in those pictures for words.\

Disclaimer:  The Dukes of Hazzard aired when I was a toddler and it had warped my fragile little mind.

Knurled.
6/22/19 7:15 a.m.

Minor win.    I finally got to see John Wick.

That isn't the win.  If you've seen Kill Bill Vol. 2, you've seen John Wick 3.

I bought my ticket an hour early, it turned out, so I went out on the road for some drive time.  Looked for an ATM to find cash for to buy margaritas, since apparently the movie theater sells margaritas, accidentally found a car wash.  (It's Valley View, Ohio - the local topography is weird)  Okay, I have 45 minutes to kill, and I just got paid so I'm a thousandaire, let's get teh R washed.

Got out of the movie theater at dusk.  Walked out into the far reaches of the parking lot where I prefer to park since my legs still work and door dings make me unpleasant.

Wow, teh R looks good at dusk, under parking lot lights, and all clean and shiny.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
6/22/19 8:55 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

Sent you a PM, let me know if it doesn't go through.

Knurled.
6/24/19 7:48 a.m.

Guessed my MyASE login and password the first time I tried.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/19 8:40 a.m.

Got 2 great deals this weekend that I'm super happy about. Also posted a bunch of stuff up for sale and already sold a good bit of it. 

Got an older floor standing Craftsman drill press for $50, and an Eastwood manual tubing bender with 3 dies for about half the cost of new. I love new tools. 

Posted a bunch of miata stuff and steering wheels and stuff that should sell quick. A bunch of it is already sold or spoken for. I need to keep this up and clean out my inventory. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/24/19 9:55 a.m.

Went with DW to test drive my preferred car.

DW is on board with getting the wagon, even though it's more expensive than the sedan.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/24/19 10:08 a.m.

Made good progress on the "free" play set. The kids love it.

1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FJfvHUiZmlhbubgJzpBXj4bO0v5Q2IUyXiF7xQRrduf3fAC0uWOhWX8a3VKWLwud