1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 100
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/24/19 10:13 a.m.

Just found out that zmax is now open every Friday night for testing.  Drag racing practice here i come!

infinitenexus
infinitenexus New Reader
6/24/19 10:50 a.m.

I finally planted my small Japanese Maple sapling in my yard, and surrounded it with a brick circle about 3-4 feet in diameter, and threw a ton of wildflower seeds on top.  I hate mowing my lawn and I hate grass, but I do enjoy working with other parts of my yard, like the trees and my garden.  Also my tomato plants are producing hardcore right now so I have about a dozen fresh tomatoes to cook with.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/24/19 10:47 p.m.

Just detailed the Camry for the last time. Soulless hateful thing.

We’ve decided to sell it and buy me an old 92-93 Accord. She’ll drive the Fit. We’re gonna throw money at the Honda and pay it off in the next year. So double win.  

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/25/19 5:09 p.m.

I've been skateboarding on my lunch break at work, since there's a small but nice concrete park about a block away. 

Turns out I can still drop in, even after a decade off the board. I don't know why I waited so long to try!

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
6/25/19 5:59 p.m.

Got a free compressor today! 26 gallon oil less that doesn't build pressure. Might sound like junk, but to me it's a free 26 gallon smoker in the making, now that I have a plasma cutter.

Bonus win: I got to use the plasma cutter today. Always puts a smile on my face.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/25/19 8:45 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Just detailed the Camry for the last time. Soulless hateful thing.

We’ve decided to sell it and buy me an old 92-93 Accord. She’ll drive the Fit. We’re gonna throw money at the Honda and pay it off in the next year. So double win.  

We found a winner Accord last month for the eldest child.  A 2000 V6 model with 115k on the clock.  Changed the oil and drove it to Florida and back without a hiccup.  All for $2500 and everything works perfectly, AC, cruise, power everything, remote locks.

Cheap and good cars exist, just gotta find them.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/26/19 8:49 p.m.

Camry sold! Two days on fb first visit made a good cash offer. Second easiest car I ever sold. New heap shopping time!

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
6/27/19 6:22 a.m.

Fiance and I have been moving into/living out of our new house, and amid all the moving chaos and the fact that the cast iron bathtub is sitting in the Master bedroom while it gets refinished, the AC hasn't been working and it's been getting hotter in Michigan. 

I woke up this morning and decided to fix it, and already diagnosed the problem as a cailed capacitor - not a surprise (probably) to any of you guys who are good with HVAC, but I'm really excited to get a replacement in and get the house cool - we slept with the house at 79° last night and can't wait to drop that a little bit!

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/27/19 11:55 a.m.

Lost my phone yesterday at work. Found it today!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/28/19 3:49 p.m.

Took my oldest, 16 year old son, out yesterday and taught him how to drive a manual.  He seemed to like it, especially once he started to get the hang of starting from a dead stop. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/28/19 6:42 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

Took my oldest, 16 year old son, out yesterday and taught him how to drive a manual.  He seemed to like it, especially once he started to get the hang of starting from a dead stop. 

When I taught my older daughter how to drive a stick, she had a real struggle pulling away.  She got frustrated, we went home, I slipped into the drivers seat to go to the store, and immediately knew I'd been teaching her wrong.  Put her back in the car, and 90 seconds later she was perfect.

How often do you really think about exactly how you engage a clutch?

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/29/19 3:48 p.m.

This little thang:

is my bestest friend every time I am over at EvanB​​'s house.  I sat down and she instantly ran over and wanted all the attention.

There's some thing so happifying about animals liking you.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/29/19 3:49 p.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/29/19 4:04 p.m.

She's still here.  She doesn't actually have a name, but somehow I think Katyusha, or maybe Natalya.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/29/19 4:16 p.m.

Just realized that the porch couch that I have been procrastinating on is homemade.

hashtag grassrootslyfe

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/29/19 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I know. After about 20 minutes I remembered someone in here saying they had taught it by having the person get the car rolling without using the gas, just clutch.  I had my son do and he got it after a couple of tries. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/29/19 5:53 p.m.

She's still here.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
6/29/19 6:43 p.m.

Sometimes it pays to know the right people.  I spent Wednesday afternoon hanging out at Gingerman for a private track day and got to ride around in some pretty cool stuff, including a 911 GT3 RS.  Holy poop was it mind blowingly good, even just from the passenger seat.  I got to drive some hot (ok, my driving was probably more like lukewarm) laps in a 3rd Gen. Viper so, yeah, it was a good day.  Now I want to go back in one of my dinky cars so I can properly learn the track without fear of breaking someone else's (my boss's, heh) Viper.

It's weird being at a racetrack with no one else but your small group of people.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/29/19 7:41 p.m.

And with the gravel packed this garage is now fully operational. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
6/30/19 3:57 p.m.

I didn't have the TV coverage to watch it, but apparently Mazda managed to not get punted, break down or catch on fire today, and finished 1/2 at the 6 hours of Sebring.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/30/19 4:14 p.m.

Sun, lots of sun. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/30/19 4:31 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

It was the 6 Hours of the Glenn, but yes they finally managed to not loose a race for themselves.   

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
6/30/19 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Crap, yeah, I knew that, but it didn't stick because I didn't get to watch it.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
6/30/19 5:53 p.m.
kazoospec said:

I didn't have the TV coverage to watch it, but apparently Mazda managed to not get punted, break down or catch on fire today, and finished 1/2 at the 6 hours of Sebring.  

Gah!  Spoiler alert dude!

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
6/30/19 7:15 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

At least locally, the coverage got bumped by NASCAR, so no harm no foul I guess.  smiley

1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 100
Our Preferred Partners
qMKFsBvZpO2jQ4os0bWCLVArojDcgXLDfuPsgcwO5OQZBC5Jx9MdHvdIVCxkVf53