1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 292
Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/4/19 8:08 a.m.

Managed to get my trans mated to the wagon's L99 first try by myself without breaking anything or hurting myself.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/4/19 8:04 p.m.

Win #3 in a row for Mazda Team Joest.  Missed most of the race due to other obligations, but got to see the last 2 laps.  Great racing.  Well worth watching if you can find it.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/4/19 10:15 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Something with some raceteam happened....Great racing.  Well worth watching if you can find it.  

Would have been if some shiny happy person on the internet didn't spoil it....

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
8/4/19 10:22 p.m.

Made it home 120 miles from my mom's old place on tires that were used already when dad built the trailer in 2003. I honestly didn't think I would. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/5/19 6:06 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

DVR?  I waited to post until the NBCSports coverage ended.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/19 6:24 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I avoided seeing who one the truck race at Eldora, sat down to watch it, and my DVR cut out with 10 laps to go. 

wvumtnbkr
8/5/19 7:17 a.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

DVR?  I waited to post until the NBCSports coverage ended.

Dvr, internet app, roku, you name it...

wvumtnbkr
8/5/19 7:18 a.m.
Wally said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I avoided seeing who one the truck race at Eldora, sat down to watch it, and my DVR cut out with 10 laps to go. 

Depending on which channel it was on, you can watch it online from that channel.  You just need to put in your name and password from your tv provider...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/7/19 7:13 p.m.

I just bought a truck, and am getting it delivered, for $400. It was listed at $500. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/7/19 7:27 p.m.

I tried my hardest to slack off at work. I've gotten a dollar raise, effective today. Office space is real!

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/7/19 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Keep this up and you'll own the joint this time next year.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/19 10:42 a.m.

After literally 6 months, multiple strongly worded phone calls and emails to the incompetent seller and a quick trip to the county tax office, the van is finally registered and titled. I was worried about the scrutiny that the paperwork would be under with dates going back to March but the DMV clerk didn't give it anything more than a cursory glance before I made my $600 donation to the county. She didn't even tack on the late fee penalty. ITS FINALLY berkeleyING OVER!!!

After the clerk handed me my plates and registration I asked her "Is that it? Is there anything else I have to do?". It was so anticlimactic. I've already taken it for a victory spin to fill it up with fresh gas.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/8/19 11:01 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

That’s awesome to hear!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/19 12:08 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

After literally 6 months, multiple strongly worded phone calls and emails to the incompetent seller and a quick trip to the county tax office, the van is finally registered and titled. I was worried about the scrutiny that the paperwork would be under with dates going back to March but the DMV clerk didn't give it anything more than a cursory glance before I made my $600 donation to the county. She didn't even tack on the late fee penalty. ITS FINALLY berkeleyING OVER!!!

After the clerk handed me my plates and registration I asked her "Is that it? Is there anything else I have to do?". It was so anticlimactic. I've already taken it for a victory spin to fill it up with fresh gas.

Woohoo!

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/8/19 12:12 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

This means it's time for...RALLYVAN laugh https://oppositelock.kinja.com/in-a-world-of-wrxs-and-miatas-be-a-rallyvan-1834951348

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/9/19 3:01 p.m.

When I knock out a project for a client that nobody else could handle:

wae
wae SuperDork
8/9/19 3:07 p.m.

Neighbor knocked on the door this morning with her son asking if I had a 1/2inch breaker bar so he could replace the belt in his F150.  I went over to help and in the process of putting the belt on, I discovered that the alternator was completely loose.  Someone removed the top bracket and the bottom bolts both sheared which is what I suspect killed the belt.  One of the bolts came out no problem but the other one had exactly as much bolt left as there was threaded material so it was stuck with nothing on either end to grab a hold on and turn.  I was able to successfully weld a little booger onto the end of the bolt to grip with pliers and it unthreaded perfectly.  I was fairly convinced that was going to turn out way worse.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/9/19 4:32 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I tried my hardest to slack off at work. I've gotten a dollar raise, effective today. Office space is real!

You should get into sales. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/9/19 5:11 p.m.

I had to choose between free tickets to a Judas Priest cover band and the going to the drag strip with my dad tonight. I chose the drag strip. Either choice would have been awesome.

stanger_missle
8/10/19 1:14 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I have talked to this dude over on the Ford Transit Connect Forums (I swear every make/model has a forum now). We discussed the finer points of exhaust mods and the possibility of an aluminum Focus ST skid plate fitting a TC. He is a cool guy who would fit in great here.

stanger_missle
8/10/19 1:17 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I'm going to christen the van by finally putting on that awesome Interstellar Sledgehammer sticker you sent me like 5 months ago LOL

Tampa is going to get Sledgehammered!!!!

Wally
8/10/19 7:51 p.m.

I found an old watch from when I was a kid.  I opened it and the battery hadn’t leaked and a band I bought in error for another watch fit to replace the disintegrated one on it. I’m getting a new battery for it and giving it to my nephew. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 8:03 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

And then you find out it's worth a gajillion billion dollars.  (cue Indiana Jones "That belongs in a museum!!!" scene)

Wally
8/10/19 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

That fun discovery will come a day after he loses it. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/10/19 9:29 p.m.

My buddy put a megasquirt pnp on his abused MR2 a few months ago. It never ran right on the stock ECU and probably had been flashed in ugly ways by the po.

He spent about a month figuring out the tune and data logging to work and back. On Friday he passed Denver emissions test! 

So awesome!

1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0whV9g13oLiWRfOVbM6XM4Jr26BNHawgn07WVPat93wFEpLMAFrmHHLLvSpDB6be