jakebarrell
jakebarrell New Reader
8/29/17 1:02 a.m.

Last year’s event was my first, and it was incredible. Concorso Italiano is one of the best car shows in my opinion. I patiently waited all year for this. Once I was in Monterey, I started to count down the hours until this year’s event. It was worth every bit of anticipation. Concorso Italiano 2017 included a long list of special features that included a celebration of Alfa Romeos, 50th Anniversary of the Maserati Ghibli, a tribute to Tom Tjaarda, one of the greatest car designers responsible for designing more than 80 cars that included the Ferrari 365 GT California, the DeTomaso Pantera and the first generation Ford Fiesta, and Ferrari Enzo Designer Ken Okuyama presenting his new car, Kode 0.

The first car I saw after arriving nice and early was a stunning blue Lamborghini Miura at the top of a hill. Cresting the hill revealed a couple of Countachs, one wrapped up like a candy in order to protect it from the morning moisture. The show takes up two and a half fairways where the cars are organized by make and model. Lamborghinis occupied one-half while more models opened up past the Countachs. A Jalpa, a ilhouetteS, a couple of Espadas and multiple later year offerings. I arrived in the midst of the setup, symphonic Italian engines powered their gorgeous bodies over the lanes and ramps to their display destination. It was a struggle to keep focus, an Alfa Romeo Montreal followed by a Maserati Bora, then a BB512… you get the idea.

GTO Engineering representing masterpieces. Ferrari250TR.

View the Full Gallery Here

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4rhH8BU5dqzqkC8bKtp4l0zsq3h3H7D4OMHOFROyqLrJ4BAsdl0xKmAkVoKAoS05