Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
8/24/11 1:50 p.m.

My brother and I are headed to Indy from NH for the Moto GP event. We're leaving about 1AM Thursday, with an overnight stop in Ohio. I'll have my eyes pealed for GRM stickers on the trip, and GRM shirts at the event. I'll make sure to post pics/vids when I can.

Keeps your eyes peeled for a green EK civic sedan with a GRM sticker on the back glass

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
8/24/11 2:18 p.m.

Have fun.

GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
8/24/11 2:31 p.m.

there will be a big red truck with a R1 in the back with a GRM sticker on the window...

chuckles
chuckles Reader
8/24/11 3:44 p.m.

A friend (experienced motorcycle road-racer) who went in years past said he wasn't prepared for the noise. He needed ear plugs in the stands. I'd be really interested in your report on all aspects.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
8/24/11 5:23 p.m.

In reply to chuckles:

Thats an excellent point. I'll make sure to pack a few pairs!

stroker
stroker HalfDork
8/24/11 9:20 p.m.

Wish I was going, but it's a shame they cancelled the Indy Mile. That'd be a bitchin' double header.

mtownneon
mtownneon New Reader
8/25/11 10:28 a.m.

I love being minutes from the Speedway and the fairgrounds. It is a shame that the Indy Mile was cancelled but under the circumstances, a motorcycle race really doesn't matter.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
8/25/11 3:18 p.m.

Just checked in in Bellville, Ohio. No major complaints on the trip aside from the occasional torrential downpour, and the annoying vibration from the front end. I swapped wheels and tires before the trip because the set on the car was barely inspectable, and I didn't want to drive home through hurricane reminants on nearly "bald eagles". I'll be rotating front to rear in the motel lot shortly hoping to solve the problem.

On another note, my brother just informed me that there will be an additional race happening this weekend, the Harley XR1200 series. I've heard of the 883 class, but was not aware that they stepped up to 1200's after the production of 883s stopped. This should be entertaining!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yq5sv9uWgUrg7IWg6r09kD5mpA9oXxrstFEo4P2vRDbxGABwMJcCZuJ9MgRMYuRA