1 2 3
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/31/18 9:18 a.m.
mtn said:

I keep having folks flake on me. I'm about to go to Ebay only. 

didn't see *that* coming...  ;-)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/18 9:29 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
mtn said:

didn't see *that* coming...  ;-)

The thing that amazes me is when people tell me I'm too far away... Hey shiny happy person, you're the one who set your search parameters. Not me. 

I'm just about done with buying from craigslist and facebook too. Tried to buy a boat anchor, made an offer, and the guy was super insulted and then proceeded to insult me. On an ad that had literally no information. I explained my position for making my offer, compared it to anchors at Bass Pro and West Marine (which was actually where he got his), etc., and asked for more information on his. He still didn't give it, but proceeded to tell me that Bass Pro sells anchors for Canoes. Well, yeah, that is correct... but Bass Pro also sells 40' Off Shore fishing boats. So Pretty sure they sell big anchors too. 

He then told me 3 days later when he sold it for full asking price. Great. Congrats. So happy for you, I figured you would, but I was trying to get some money off. Don't hate me for it. 

Then yesterday I had a similar situation trying to buy a computer monitor. Ad said "OBO". Dude came back with an "it isn't worht the time and effort" blah blah blah.. And yet it was worth the time and effort to type out that reply? Could have just said "No, I'm not going lower than $$".

I don't get it. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/31/18 9:34 a.m.
mtn said:

How close to your goal are you?

I managed to sell one item on CL and two on FBM for a total of $3800.00

1st CL item, an 18 1/2' boat, sold in three days to an out of state buyer, the FBM was a pair love loveseats, sold for asking price in less than a week after one of our neighbors, who owns a used furniture store, said she wouldn't be able to get anywhere near what we wanted for them.

I put some other boat related items on CL and never got a single reply.

Still got a shed full of stuff to peddle. sad

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/18 9:52 a.m.
SaltyDog said:
mtn said:

How close to your goal are you?

I managed to sell one item on CL and two on FBM for a total of $3800.00

1st CL item, an 18 1/2' boat, sold in three days to an out of state buyer, the FBM was a pair love loveseats, sold for asking price in less than a week after one of our neighbors, who owns a used furniture store, said she wouldn't be able to get anywhere near what we wanted for them.

I put some other boat related items on CL and never got a single reply.

Still got a shed full of stuff to peddle. sad

You're in East Peoria right? May be interested in some of the boat stuff. 

I'm about $700 away from my goal, but that could be accomplished in about 5 sales.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/31/18 8:57 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Yessir, EP. What are you looking for? My prices are VERY reasonable! (Take them away!)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/18 9:08 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

In reply to mtn :

Yessir, EP. What are you looking for? My prices are VERY reasonable! (Take them away!)

Uh... I mean, I don’t know what I’m looking for, but my dad has two boats, my FIL has two boats (both of which are under my care), I have a small sailboat.... and I may be in Bloomington next month. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/31/18 9:27 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I'll take a look at what I've got and make a list. Assuming you don't have a use for things like inboard props for a 34' Sea Ray?

Ive got some lines, a couple of anchors, one smaller, one larger, a couple of bimini top frames for ~20'-ish boats a couple of oddball fenders, 30 to 15 amp adapters for shore power and some other odds and ends.

All of the smalls have a heck of a GRM discount! Pretty much, other than the props and maybe the electrical adapters, free to a good home. And even they would be deeply discounted!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/18 10:48 p.m.

No, no use for the props. 

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
Yf6TNKShp8opy1ZMe980eChn7hoV9SmQWOJgjeUO57wSgOVqs3GcoUwlfArY4hyF