tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/8/17 9:12 a.m.

It's an iphone 6, and it's up to date. Until two days ago, when it was idle, it shut off after a minute, as the settings under display&brightness tell it to. I've tried resetting that to other numbers with no success, and it's turned the thing into quite the battery hog. I get an E-mail, the phone lights up, but it's in my pocket, and I don't check it for hours, and it's been on the whole time.

Any ideas?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/8/17 9:15 a.m.

Have you tried powering it down, waiting a few minutes and powering it up again?  Any time my iPhone is acting all apple-ish, I do then and it's ok

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/8/17 9:33 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Standard IT answer. Turn it off and back on again. I'll try it.

thedanimal
thedanimal HalfDork
12/8/17 9:37 a.m.

Yeah..Apple seems to do well with a hard reset. I will usually do that once a month or so or anytime it's being Apple-y. Also, any updates in software seems to send things spiraling out of control for a few days. 

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/8/17 9:37 a.m.

You can also do a hard reset (doesn't lose data just fully reboots the system) by holding the home button and power button for a while. Ten+ seconds I think. I've managed to rescue a few "dead" phones that way. Powering it off and on again should work the same. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/8/17 9:44 a.m.

wow, that actually worked. I thought Apple was immune to that sort of silliness.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/10/17 1:26 p.m.
tuna55 said:

wow, that actually worked. I thought Apple was immune to that sort of silliness.

Far from.    Plenty of Malware for IOS as well

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1aju9auZ1e6z4cs0614w7grXfvhu2oz8qCZek6QaNryTXs2MSThsVPlPtbRxBUNv