Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox New Reader
4/12/10 9:13 a.m.

I found a Honda Harmony II lawn mower in the trash a couple houses down this morning. It looks decent enough, but I haven't had time to play with it yet. Stuff like this makes me happy for some reason.

slefain
slefain Dork
4/12/10 9:45 a.m.

Cool. If it isn't locked up clean out the carb and give it some fresh gas. It might surprise you.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/12/10 10:20 a.m.

I think I may have finally killed my Honda to the point where even the garbage pickers won't want it, aside from scrap value.
1) Bent crank 2) broken engine mounts 3) busted transmission so it's now a very heavy push mower.

I use it to clear brush. violently.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox New Reader
4/12/10 10:24 a.m.

In reply to Per Schroeder:

If nothing else, I need something to clear brush.

Jay
Jay Dork
4/12/10 3:11 p.m.

If you happen to have a dirty mind, it's possible to epically misread this thread title.

The comment about "clearing brush" doesn't help either. I'm just saying.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/12/10 3:19 p.m.

Yes, I happened to read the title of this thread right after reading the "shiny lady parts" thread and almost spit my iced tea across the room.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/12/10 3:32 p.m.

Yea, we all went there.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
4/12/10 4:08 p.m.

last fall I found 3 push mowers in a neighbors garbage.. have 2 functional mowers out of it and one that needs a handle and a carb rebuild to be fine. (dont need it, so might donate to a friend to tear apart with his kids to show them how an engine works)

TJ
TJ Dork
4/12/10 4:29 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Yea, we all went there.

That's what she said.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot New Reader
4/12/10 6:50 p.m.

I just scored a Troy Bilt self propelled mower with a 5.5 HP Honda motor. Included the bagger, mulching plug and side chute. I inserted gasoline and it fired on the first pull. Needs a new belt for self propulsion to work.

924guy
924guy Dork
4/12/10 7:58 p.m.

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Go-Kart

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox New Reader
4/13/10 8:15 a.m.

I did not realize my I made such a humorous title and I am a guy that still has the maturity of a thirteen year old when it comes to wiener jokes. Now I have a million other jokes running through my mind, but I digress.

The mower has gas in it, but wouldn't immediately start. When I get some time this weekend, I'll drain the gas, change the oil, maybe give it a new spark plug, and see where that gets me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EtIyZ3WXTSxNJJNDj2hd3DpO2g6pGw7o7nXefgK5djsOYFh3bcU4FR7E8jxh77dE