1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/22/20 11:24 a.m.

Stay strong buddy.  We need you here.  Please check in when you can.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/20 12:33 p.m.

I really appreciate everything, I'm really struggling for words right now. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/22/20 12:35 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm proud and amazed you're even here.  I'd be a mess, in bed with the covers over my head.

We love you, man.  You don't need to feel obligated to reply at all until it will help you.

neverdone
neverdone New Reader
5/22/20 5:46 p.m.

Sorry for your loss.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/22/20 6:36 p.m.

We don't need words, we just need to make sure you're ok. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/22/20 7:00 p.m.
Mndsm said:

We actually know you're not ok. We want just want to make sure that someday you will be. At least sort of. So we'll check on you and hug you and make sure. 

eastpark
eastpark Reader
5/22/20 7:08 p.m.

Heart wrenching to hear this Wally. You know that we are all here for you. 

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
5/22/20 7:17 p.m.

Sorry for your loss Wally. I think you have the best support group here on the interwebz.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
5/22/20 7:58 p.m.
aircooled said:

We need you here. 

This resinates with me.  Yes, we do need you here.  Now, please don't misunderstand this to mean, "to heck with your problems, think how it will affect me."  Ha.  

No, it means that you are very much a part of what makes here a great place and we want you to continue to bring that.  A great tragedy would be if this took the humor out of you.  Now, I really don't think that it can take all the humor out of you but it sure can have a way of taking a lot of it.  I really don't want that to happen.   We need you here.  You bring me (and I know others too) a lot of smiles with your words and views.  Please, try to find that again when you can and please share it again.  

PS: I've rewritten some of this just a few time and it still doesn't capture what I want it to so I will just repeat myself again... We Need You Here!  We want you here.  Hopefully, everyone just wants to be wanted and reminded of that worth.  You are worth sooo much!  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/22/20 8:05 p.m.

No words are needed. In the Bible when Job lost his children his 3 friends came over and didn't speak for 7 days.  

Just the presence of caring friends is helpful in your mourning.  My heart goes out to you.  

Eurotrash_Ranch
Eurotrash_Ranch Reader
5/22/20 9:22 p.m.

Sincere condolences. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/22/20 9:28 p.m.

E36 M3 I'm sorry.  I was on the road so I didn't see the thread.  berkeley.

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
5/23/20 5:38 a.m.

I know that messages on the internet aren't much consolation when a person has suffered as much grief and sadness and loss as you have recently, but I think there's now 7 pages of evidence that you're not alone in this. You're a valued member of the GRM family, and we're all aching for you.

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/23/20 5:59 a.m.

Thoughts and prayers with you, Wally.

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/23/20 6:06 a.m.
STM317 said:

I know that messages on the internet aren't much consolation when a person has suffered as much grief and sadness and loss as you have recently, but I think there's now 7 pages of evidence that you're not alone in this. You're a valued member of the GRM family, and we're all aching for you.

Expressed better than I ever could. 

Take care of yourself.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
5/23/20 6:40 a.m.

So sorry! May peace and strength be with you! 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/23/20 7:17 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
Mndsm said:

We actually know you're not ok. We want just want to make sure that someday you will be. At least sort of. So we'll check on you and hug you and make sure. 

Right, this. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/23/20 7:18 a.m.

Wally,

I am deeply sorry for your loss.  I know that words from an Internet stranger may not be the salve to your wounds, but I do want to let you know that I am thinking of you in this time.  I’ve been here a long time, and there are names on this board of people who I’ve always hoped to meet in real life.  You are most certainly one of them.  

I will return to NYC sometime after this is over.  I’d love to buy you dinner and enjoy a meet and greet. You’ve made me laugh so many times, and this pandemic has taught me that I need to actively connect with people when the opportunity presents itself.  

Take good care of yourself,

Rob

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/20 7:38 a.m.

Damn. This is agonizing news from a man whose humor and joy and wisdom has been enjoyed here for years.

This goofy group of friends is here for you.. I can only offer condolences but I wish you comfort and peace.

Rest in peace sweet princess. 

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
5/23/20 10:47 a.m.

Very sorry for your loss, Wally. We are all thinking of you. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/23/20 12:56 p.m.

You don't have to say anything. I, like a lot of people here, have had some huge losses too. We all know that words mean absolutely nothing at times. I ended up snapping at people who kept wanting me to go thru blow by blow of how my mom died.

Wanna talk? We are here, even if it's about something absurd. Don't wanna talk? That's fine too. Everyone grieves differently and you are the captian of your ship there

imgon
imgon HalfDork
5/23/20 4:23 p.m.

Man that sucks Wally. Stay strong know that we are all sending our love your way.  Hope things ease up on you soon. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/20 9:50 p.m.

I was looking for something for the funeral and stumbled on this aluminum card she got for my badge holder.  I'm done.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/24/20 2:17 a.m.

That's beautiful man. Sounds like you have been very lucky to have had her in your life and that she chose you. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
5/24/20 6:28 a.m.
aircooled said:

Stay strong buddy.  We need you here.  Please check in when you can.

This. 

Dammit, I'm so sorry, man. All the love from the hongs.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U4AZyW1U8YnK3nRCqnrV8dttdFDzc4gQVS2RVyoVl4Y2h33xEKDnjJu28FLBBqKh