1 2
thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
2/24/17 1:06 p.m.

In reply to FooBag:

Our cats lose their ever-loving mind with this toy. They manage to destroy the mouse or pull the wire off the stick.

FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/24/17 2:10 p.m.

In reply to thedanimal:

Ours too. I swear they must coat those mice in cat crack. Our one cat will paw and yowl at the door of the closet where we store the toy, trying to get us to get it out.

I got sick of the wire off the stick failures, so I pull the red cap off the stick on the new ones and epoxy it back in place. I also will put some epoxy on the nose of the mouse to add strength there too.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/24/17 3:23 p.m.

I have a similar but lass fancy version called the Cat Dancer. It just uses a solid, slightly coiled wire and rolled, brown paper ends. All my cats lose their minds over it and will "request" that it be brought out if they know where it is hidden. They will play until they are panting and still won't stop for a break unless I play the meanie and put it away.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/24/17 3:28 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: This is why most receptacles in hospitals and commercial setting are installed upside down. The ground then protects the hot and neutral.

Woah. Things I never knew, but make so much sense!

The0retical
The0retical Dork
2/24/17 3:31 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: This is why most receptacles in hospitals and commercial setting are installed upside down. The ground then protects the hot and neutral.

All the plugs in my new house are like that. Know what I do about the previous owners this makes perfect sense now. Still drives me nuts.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
2/24/17 6:47 p.m.

We had a cuckoo clock above an outlet, as the chain let down it happened to connect with a loose plug and boom bang it welded the chain To the plug. Not very good penetration though, I'll do better next time.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
2/24/17 7:36 p.m.
And Toyman is absolutely right- ground up does help prevent this from happening. Everything in my house is ground up.

Oh yea, my wife says that is upside down, so there.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
2/24/17 8:22 p.m.

Ground up would have made no difference with a nightlight that has no third prong.

Not very much stuff left out there with a three prong plug that isn't the size of a fridge.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
2/26/17 7:21 a.m.

In reply to FooBag: I know what I'll be doing when I replace it. Our cat did find the other end of the toy (split in 2 when it made contact with the outlet).

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy Reader
2/26/17 12:59 p.m.

That photo has to be a photoshop. The is no plug made that would fit ground up and large on left. It should show large on right

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/26/17 9:09 p.m.

Similar happened in my daughter's room once with a necklace. Scared the hell outta her.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n4pTeKIAY99I0SX8Yvm9nzWoMx74LAOBSXr8y5nxMHYLI36fy8WQq8nuXDOCyP59