Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
4/7/10 8:40 p.m.

Anyone else watching? thoughts?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
4/7/10 8:46 p.m.

Parachutes suck as evasion devices. The cars have to be WAY close together for it to work. But- if it were to happen- it would be VERY effective.

The 'tank traps' would have been much more effective if the edges (not just the points) were sharpened.

Wondering how Jamie's car ripper will work. That should be fun.

Carson
Carson Dork
4/7/10 8:47 p.m.

I just flipped the channel to see a Firebird chasing a Miata. Is that the one you're talking about? It's been commercials after that so I don't really know what it's all about.

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
4/7/10 8:50 p.m.

yeah, ive been watching via DVR, I get to pause to post

hollow spikes on the caltrops would have worked great... or that instant driveshaft stopping net. that thing is nuts.

Carson
Carson Dork
4/7/10 8:59 p.m.

Where'd they find 2(at least, I only saw the white and blue Miata) automatic Miatas? Wasn't Woody or someone looking for one?

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
4/7/10 9:00 p.m.

lol they bought em all up?

I dont understand why smoke in car =/= put the top up... man im real far behind on this one

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
4/7/10 9:01 p.m.

The rippers didn't work as well as I thought. I think if the 'legs' had been longer, might have had a much different outcome.

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
4/7/10 9:05 p.m.

im on the oil slick now, I feel like a looping course is bad for this one, jamie had to stop when he was about to complete the loop, also the release was too fast.

yet again with the oil slick theres a great law enforcement solution, that powder that mixes with water and is slick enough to cause people jsut walking in a field to slip up. I wanna see THAT in a car chase.

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
4/7/10 9:08 p.m.

man, now I want to make my own (track use only) car chase befuddler.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/10 8:07 a.m.

smoke is easy.. all you need is a small 12v pump, a resevour of either antifreeze (or better yet, Theatrical fog juice (better for the enviroment) and a way to plumb it into the exhaust.. preferably AFTER the cat

jimbbski
jimbbski Reader
4/8/10 12:43 p.m.

It seems to me that on most other projects they take their time and make a serious effort. On the smoke screen, oil slik, and tacks they failed to make any kind of "real" effort to accomplish what they wanted to do.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
4/8/10 1:13 p.m.

hollow tire spikes - pursuit would have been over in 5 sec.

JoeyM
JoeyM Reader
4/8/10 1:36 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: smoke is easy.. all you need is a small 12v pump, a resevour of either antifreeze (or better yet, Theatrical fog juice (better for the enviroment) and a way to plumb it into the exhaust.. preferably AFTER the cat

+1 the antifreeze method of smoke generation was mentioned on a sailing forum I was reading....somebody asked how to throw up a smoke screen if pirates were approaching. That was the first answer given.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LljnCxsYm7zU7XMUcyZ3MtnmrsYqPLkbEnQpEHQWWjsVNXlXh48xO5koDJvXXDCo