1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/15 7:22 p.m.

I made this version combining my mods with the round fogs:

Still an improvement but I prefer the LED fogs. The round ones are starting to look a little bit like "fangs" somehow.

I think I've decided I like the vertical vents better than the blanked vents.

GameboyRMH
2/4/15 7:29 p.m.

Night Rally Mode

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/15 7:30 p.m.

Has anyone who thinks the car looks squinty actually seen one? Because I sure didn't get that impression in person. I am sure the eBay aftermarket will come up with indifferent angel eye headlights (which actually date back to the 2001 E39 M5 refresh) but after getting an eyeball full of the OE LED lights, they'll be a downgrade. Fun experiments, but I think you might be fixing a problem that doesn't actually exist.

As for the popups - if this lighting technology had been available in 1989, you can bet your sweet patootie the NA would have been running it. The designers wanted small exposed lights but it was just too expensive.

The big round lights in the grille make me laugh, that's just what we saw in the early 90's

Now, that first coupe - yummy. The second is an FD RX-7 top photoshopped on, not as attractive. But that first one is a sexy little thing. Wouldn't it be nice...

And the de-screened interior, I like.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
2/4/15 8:23 p.m.
PHeller wrote:

That's amazing.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
2/4/15 8:32 p.m.

You want to make the eyes look bigger-add eyelashes, duh.

In semi seriousness-anyone up for photoshopping LED fogs/DRLs with a fang like shape at the outer edge of that giant mouth?

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
2/4/15 8:35 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Half the reason I like those E30 lamps set into the grill is to brighten things up in the front. Chrome bumpers would be awful here (oh snap I have an idea...) so something else is needed. Nice big round fogs in the grill, what's not to like? And a hard top like that FD top would allow for a great big sunroof AND a hatch for dropping in large items. Win/Win!

beans
beans Dork
2/4/15 9:08 p.m.

Round foggies look like it just got it's wisdom teeth out and it's shoved full of cotton balls.

These look WAY better in person, especially in the white.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/4/15 9:18 p.m.

ok so.... round fog lamps, hard top, and no dash screen. Are you listening Mazda? Thats my wallet opening!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/15 10:25 p.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to Keith Tanner: Half the reason I like those E30 lamps set into the grill is to brighten things up in the front. Chrome bumpers would be awful here (oh snap I have an idea...) so something else is needed. Nice big round fogs in the grill, what's not to like? And a hard top like that FD top would allow for a great big sunroof AND a hatch for dropping in large items. Win/Win!

The solution to a lack of chrome is what I call "Lotus paint", because they tend to use it a lot. A paint with strong highlights in it - see Magnetic Blue or Ardent Red. Even Chrome Orange has a bunch of highlights that you don't see in pictures. It'll help show off that curvy little sexy shape.

I want to paint mine in Lexus Ultrasonic Blue. Like this.

The FD hardtop is not as good looking as the other render. Since we're being shallow and all about the looks, I don't care about sunroofs and hatchbacks. Besides, if you want a sunroof, there's a convertible version

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
2/5/15 1:06 a.m.

Painting the body a different color doesn't break up that huge open grill area like I was talking about. It just makes it more noticeable. Put some jewelry in that gaping maw! And I'd take the FD or that, what, Solistice GXP Coupe? solid roof. Either works. I just figure that if they were to put a solid top on the thing, Mazda should keep the rear opening large, so that it's functional and easy to get tall stuff into.

And, in theory, it should be easy to yank the dash screen. The rotary knobs are for the HVAC and you don't really need on-screen display to know what you've set there. If this was really decent, they'd go down low, in front of the shifter. Above, a completely stand-alone stereo, installed where the knobs currently are would be nice. Two really decent coaxial speakers would be plenty. One in each door. As long as the various control modules are okay with the screen missing, it shouldn't be a big deal, right?

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
2/5/15 6:54 a.m.
nderwater wrote:
PHeller wrote:
I WANT THAT

Not that much between the two. Of course, if the Miata were still 2300 lbs, it would be a nice ride.

GameboyRMH
2/5/15 6:55 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: In semi seriousness-anyone up for photoshopping LED fogs/DRLs with a fang like shape at the outer edge of that giant mouth?

Here you go:

Ready for Halloween! "I vant to suck your blood!" (Or is that "I'm so sparkly and full of chagrin" these days?)

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
2/5/15 8:05 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Thanks, I kinda like it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fXgL00Zn95LAoJVujLQvsXiYnoSX8I9MdDytfbdRrXclae5Nsmja0kypecMGlDJI