oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
2/28/19 9:55 a.m.

My little tractor has 3 hydraulic issues that I think I can clear up in one fell swoop, but I would like a little confirmation before I start buying parts.

Issues: the joystick for the loader is mounted on an 18" long bracket to the right hand upright and it completely blocks access from the right side of the tractor, the spool valve for the bucket curl is failing, an I would really like to add at least one more hydraulic valve for turning the spout on the snowblower. 

My potential solution: I want to replace the two spool (plus relief) hydraulic control valve block with a 4 spool solenoid controlled valve block. That would let me relocate all the hydraulic parts under the floor for access, it would replace the faulty spool, I would get two more functions, and I could mount the small electronic joysticks pretty much anywhere. 

Neglecting the obvious fittings,  flow rating, and relief valve setting issues, anything I am not seeing that would keep it from working?

D2W
D2W HalfDork
3/1/19 10:00 a.m.

As long as your new valve system has the same flow pattern as the original it will work fine. I would assume the original is P-T in the center position. Make sure the solenoids are the right voltage and that your joysticks can handle the amp draw. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FTJQ7UxFe6C8ajd8vLbnYL9JcYCPyt37a8uCLUGL56m66Tp7y9RZYJvQB75afLrv