1 2
captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/29/18 12:31 p.m.

Presenting the TSF, time speed food rally. Competitors start at a fast food location with the establishments monthly sales flyer. They purchase an item for consumption and drive to the next location of said chain and repeat the process until they've purchased and consumed every item from that chain's sales flyer. The last item is to be purchased and consumed at the same location as the initial item, all other items are to be purchased at different locations throughout the event. Only two persons per a vehicle/team. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/29/18 12:34 p.m.

The Meal Miglia?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/18 12:43 p.m.

Where do I sign up? I imagine the champion will be crowned after the grueling White Castle event.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/29/18 12:59 p.m.

Also, can the last stage be a special with a closed course and end in a bathroom?  Targa Poofoundland.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/29/18 1:11 p.m.

This is awesome, I'm in.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/29/18 1:14 p.m.

Where do I sign up? And are there bonus points for pooping in a bucket?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/29/18 2:03 p.m.

Wow. Cold blooded to include the breakfast items, that will take some actual planning. 

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
8/30/18 6:42 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

Wow. Cold blooded to include the breakfast items, that will take some actual planning. 

All day breakfast at alot of places now. 

Are you disqualified if you puke?

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/30/18 6:47 p.m.

This is incredibly stupid. I'm down.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/18 7:07 p.m.

I love the way the entire event is summed up in the thread title.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/30/18 7:22 p.m.

True story time:

I once vomited repeatedly out of the passenger window of a friends new neon rt throughout the night during a tsd outside Philly. My mistake was to quickly down some fast food in the parking lot before the rally start. Somewhere I still have the plaque we were awarded for Dead Last, But Finished!

20 years later and I am now just about ready to repeat a mistake.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
8/30/18 7:22 p.m.

I'm not sure what would be more epic, doing this in a big city where there are many such franchises, or the middle of nowhere where you have to drive for HOURS between them. Where I live, there are 4 McD's in the city. The next closest is nearly 4 hours away (one east and one west). And so on... 

Like an Iron Butt Rally only more like Iron Gut.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
8/30/18 7:30 p.m.

This sounds horrible.  And awesome.

I had a longstanding idea crafted with a few of my roommates that could be incorporated into this:  The $20 taco bell challenge.  You have to spend $20 at taco bell, and consume it all.  Part eating competition, part crafty math/planning skills.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/30/18 7:35 p.m.

Hell of an idea.  I’d be in!

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
8/30/18 7:36 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Where do I sign up? And are there bonus points for pooping in a bucket?

If the bucket has a lid, no.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/18 7:56 p.m.

as somebody with intestinal issues.. I tend to need a bathroom directly after eating.. so I am out unless I can replace the driver's seat with a commode

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/30/18 8:15 p.m.

Using a sheet with TWO of the BOGO big breakfast coupons?  What kind of monster are you?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/30/18 8:17 p.m.

Do we get to pick the restaurant from a stack of coupon fliers or stuck with McDonald's?

How does the partnership work? One drive one eat, split, or both must eat?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
8/30/18 8:20 p.m.

Perhaps each coupon should be assigned a point value based on the approx. calories in the meal.  Then you could do say 5 restaurants and its team choice which coupons to go for at each stop.  Conservative route for minimal intestinal distress?  Or go for the gold, underwear be damned?

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/30/18 8:24 p.m.

Just so you know, if I show up and it's "Taco Bell Night", I'm getting back in the car and going home.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
9/2/18 10:40 p.m.

I should actually do this for real

Kramer
Kramer Dork
9/3/18 2:25 p.m.
Wally said:

Where do I sign up? I imagine the champion will be crowning after the grueling White Castle event.

Fixed

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
9/3/18 2:40 p.m.

Extra points awarded for Michael Moore mockumentary action...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/3/18 3:32 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Food consumption can be divided as the team decides. Every team must start and finish at the same establishment and eat the same items, thusly from an organizational standpoint, staying with a single chain is easier and will likely result in longer distances being traveled, as outside of the initial restaurant also being the finishing point, no other restaurant can be visited twice. 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/3/18 4:13 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

This sounds horrible.  And awesome.

I had a longstanding idea crafted with a few of my roommates that could be incorporated into this:  The $20 taco bell challenge.  You have to spend $20 at taco bell, and consume it all.  Part eating competition, part crafty math/planning skills.

Not sure if I could finish it, but here is what I would try...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CLoFzyNvV4gDAdREjVrP1eNddNNHhEAVYBR6lU9yArf4OfNJRE6Kbvr0mR6VhATW