1 2 3
Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
1/16/17 11:31 a.m.

In reply to NEALSMO:

And here they don't care even though there is a law in and on the books. There are far more important things for the understaffed and overworked police officers to take care of in a timely manner.

Besides, I roll both my front windows down when pulled over. Don't roll them up either until the traffic stop is over.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/17 11:41 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Last year 153,000 people left New York for cheaper, less strict pastures. If I had my way (SWMBO disagrees), there would be 153,002 next year.

The two things keeping me here are my Rolls Royce of health insurance keeping the wife together and a house I could never sell for what I owe. If my insurance goes away the bank is getting the house and we're leaving.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/16/17 2:34 p.m.

Going to New Mexico at the end of March, see if can convert her.

Still don't know if the darkened Maxima windows will legally pass in NY. It will at the Nissan dealership I visited, see what happens in 12 months when they go somewhere else.

NYS DMV says:

Section 375 (12-a) of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law does not allow a windshield or front side windows that are dark. •The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light. ◦Seventy percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window.

•This law also applies to the rear window unless the vehicle has outside rear-view mirrors on both sides. ◦The mirrors must give the driver a full and clear view behind the vehicle.

•Rear side windows must also allow at least seventy percent of light from the outside to pass through the window if the vehicle is classified as a ◦station wagon ◦sedan ◦hardtop ◦coupe ◦hatchback ◦convertible

A vehicle falls into one of these categories if it is labeled “Passenger Car” on the Federal ID label found on the left front door panel.

It is illegal to sell, offer for sale, or install glass that does not comply with this law. It is illegal to operate a vehicle with glass that does not comply with this law.

NYS Health department regulations specify that only the following medical conditions may be used to justify an exemption from the limits on light transmittance. If you have one of the medical conditions below that require you to have tinted vehicle windows, you may request an exemption from the law using the Application for Tinted Window Exemption (MV-80W). •Porphyria •Xeroderma Pigmentosa •Severe Drug Photo-Sensitivity

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy Reader
1/16/17 2:44 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

If it's glass, it will. If it's aftermarket tint, it won't. My money says it's aftermarket as most manufacturers don't tint that dark

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
1/17/17 9:55 a.m.

Jamestint my brother 35 years wINDOW FILM hERE IS gOV Quomo Hiding behind LIMO TINT

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/17 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

Do as he says not as he does. I'll bet the other guys in his car are armed too.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/17/17 11:04 a.m.

...with a limited number of bullets.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LHGHyhRjiF06f6TSYRodrP4TobAHrMXTe3QlUR7cjilmuVANmeewLFUKhylOPeij