1 2 3 4 ... 6
Duke
Duke Dork
12/16/08 7:32 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: I don't even know why we still debate this. Isn't it obvious that Ninjas > Pirates?

Sorry - both lose:

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
12/16/08 8:13 p.m.
Duke wrote: Sorry - both lose:

Canadian special forces?

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
12/16/08 8:15 p.m.
Duke wrote:
confuZion3 wrote: I don't even know why we still debate this. Isn't it obvious that Ninjas > Pirates?
Sorry - both lose:

The Rednecks from "Without A Paddle?"

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
12/16/08 8:18 p.m.
Salanis wrote: But nothing trumps whiskey for pure manliness.

How could you forget Moonshine? What else could singlehandedly invent NASCAR?

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/16/08 8:34 p.m.

Screw 'em both, I'll take Techno Vicking, or regular vickings.

Or Celts, it takes something special to weild a claymore and go onto the battle feild in a kilt. And scotch is awsome

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
12/16/08 8:56 p.m.

Who would vote for Obama?

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/16/08 10:08 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Screw 'em both, I'll take Techno Vicking, or regular vickings. Or Celts, it takes something special to weild a claymore and go onto the battle feild in a kilt. And scotch is awsome

Vikings were pirates. Techno Viking is clearly a Robo-Pirate.

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
12/16/08 11:34 p.m.

i pick mongols! 2nd is ninja's easy!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/17/08 6:55 a.m.
ManofFewWords wrote: Who would vote for Obama?

Pirates do not vote. They run their own societies and scoff at authority.

Ninjas do not vote...as long as they have a katana for social issues and a forest for economic issues they're covered.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/17/08 8:44 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
ManofFewWords wrote: Who would vote for Obama?
Pirates do not vote. They run their own societies and scoff at authority. Ninjas do not vote...as long as they have a katana for social issues and a forest for economic issues they're covered.

well acording to the history channel... a pirate ship was a true democracy, only durring battles did the captains athourity come in

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/17/08 10:24 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Damn I want some whiskey right berkeleying now.

After this conversation, I went and bought a bottle of Glenlivet last night. Yum.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/17/08 10:35 a.m.

So I've got a question:

Say a Ninja need to get to his next kill and he decides he needs to ride a motorcycle. What does he ride?

A Ninja, that seems a bit obvious, kind of like a pirate sailing around in a Morgan "Murderous Thief" or something.

Now, or course, you are going to say Katana. But the Katana was the weapon of the Samurai (the Ninja is the Ninja-to, yes I had to look that up), basically the arch enemy of the Ninja. But then again, maybe that would throw people off, you know it would be like "hey, nice Katana, and nice pajamas... normally I would ask if you are a Ninja, but seeing as what you are riding..."

So what do Ninjas ride?

Oh BTW:

REALULTIMATEPOWER

It's so bitchen' you'll kick you mom in the head!

minimac
minimac Dork
12/17/08 11:22 a.m.

Canadian Lumberjack Commandos rule. Then Pirates. Everyone knows ninjas have small penii. I can't believe grownups even try to debate this!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/17/08 1:23 p.m.

How about Terminators for most feared beings? And I mean the original T-101, not the later ones. Those were just marketing ploys. Remember, they can't be reasoned with. They also don't feel pitty or remorse. They also don't eat.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
12/17/08 1:27 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: How about Terminators for most feared beings? And I mean the original T-101, not the later ones. Those were just marketing ploys. Remember, they can't be reasoned with. They also don't feel pitty or remorse. They also don't eat.

Terminator was a bad ass movie in 1984. The factory scene was scary as E36 M3!

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/17/08 1:27 p.m.

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/17/08 1:28 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: How about Terminators for most feared beings? And I mean the original T-101, not the later ones. Those were just marketing ploys. Remember, they can't be reasoned with. They also don't feel pitty or remorse. They also don't eat.

There are those who say that Ninjas / Pirates is an oversimplification of a much more complex struggle of Awesomeness, and that really it is:

Ninjas / Pirates / Robots / Monkees

Terminator=Robot (duh)

David S. Wallens
12/17/08 1:30 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Terminator was a bad ass movie in 1984. The factory scene was scary as E36 M3!

Which do you fear more, Schwarzenegger or Johnny the pirate? Exactly.

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
12/17/08 1:30 p.m.
ignorant wrote:

Can we get that on soome stuff at Cafe Press?

David S. Wallens
12/17/08 1:31 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
There are those who say that Ninjas / Pirates is an oversimplification of a much more complex struggle of Awesomeness, and that really it is: Ninjas / Pirates / Robots / Monkees Terminator=Robot (duh)

I think that's an oversimplification as well. There's a big difference between C-3PO and a T-101. One will rip your head off. The other will just give you a headache.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/17/08 1:35 p.m.

C-3PO = meh

R2-D2 = Pimp

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/17/08 1:39 p.m.

Star Wars is the coolest movie ever because it sufficiently covers all the bases:

Ninja:

Pirate:

Robot:

Monkey:

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/17/08 2:58 p.m.

So the answer is Star Wars, and not the new ones, or the '97 re-cuts, but the original '77, '80, '83 versions

David S. Wallens
12/17/08 3:08 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: So the answer is Star Wars, and not the new ones, or the '97 re-cuts, but the original '77, '80, '83 versions

Exactly. Remember, Han Solo shot first.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
12/17/08 3:22 p.m.

How often do wenches shower? You get enough fishy smell on the ocean as it is, who wants it with their women? Atleast the Japanese girls are freshly washed and dressed up nice.

Pirates are like the obnoxious drunk guy that no one likes. Except there's a whole ship of em that talk funny, with stupid names and striped shirts. Like the suburban frat boys in polo shirts that awkwardly throw out "dawg" and "bro" to sound cool.

With ninja's, you won't even know they can cut your head off until you say the wrong thing. And it'd happen so quick you wouldn't even know what happened. And then they'd vanish into thin air. I guarantee you that people will like that trick a lot more than whatever pirates can do. The bird on the shoulders cute until it poops all over you.

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jYLkvUc3dL6SFg9RwHbxm4bwUHWYsnvXHYTmydpPfTXWSPXISDNS7CiZDs3wgQWo