1 2 3
stroker
stroker Dork
8/29/13 9:45 a.m.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/29/obama-announces-new-gun-control-measures-targets-military-surplus-imports/

This is so asinine.... Glad I got my two AK parts kits when I did....

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/29/13 9:54 a.m.

Sadly the whole no job thing kept me from getting the last couple parts kits that I needed for my receiver blanks. I am not even going to say what else is on my mind.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
8/29/13 9:58 a.m.

Dear Chicago:

How's that gun control working for ya?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/29/13 10:03 a.m.

Imagine that.... look over there (ok, sign this please)... no, this is nothing. LOOK AT THAT!... (ok, we're good).

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
8/29/13 10:07 a.m.

Chicago says "our gun control is very poor, seems we can't hit anything we're shooting at."

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/29/13 10:14 a.m.
oldtin wrote: Chicago says "our gun control is very poor, seems we can't hit anything we're shooting at."

No, that's NYPD.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
8/29/13 10:25 a.m.

Maybe it's for the bazillion AKs & parts we're about to build and ship out - so they somehow won't come back.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 10:34 a.m.

I still don't see how he has anything to do with regulating this.....

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
8/29/13 10:51 a.m.

It's not quite clear from the article what weapons would be restricted from being re-imported. Do they mean an M1 Garand by "military grade firearms," or full auto M16s?

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 11:07 a.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt:

They mean "Everything that was exported from the US"

F/A M16's couldn't be imported by civilians anyway. Stupid F/A ban in the 80's and they all had to be on the NFA registry a long time before that. Basically this is covering massively outdated bolt action and semi auto weapons from being reimported. It doesn't make sense at all.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/29/13 11:25 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Havn't you heard of all those drive by shootings using M1 Garands and M1 carbines?

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
8/29/13 11:58 a.m.

Gotta watch out for all those crusty OG Korean/WWII vets. Can't have them shootin' up the place. BTW - if you can shoot one of these out the window of a vehicle, you're a better man than I.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
8/29/13 12:02 p.m.

One statement is total bullE36 M3. This was NOT unexpected. THey have been blocking this for some time.

It also involves M-1 Carbines, which have those infamous high capacity magazines.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
8/29/13 12:03 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to MadScientistMatt: They mean "Everything that was exported from the US" F/A M16's couldn't be imported by civilians anyway. Stupid F/A ban in the 80's and they all had to be on the NFA registry a long time before that. Basically this is covering massively outdated bolt action and semi auto weapons from being reimported. It doesn't make sense at all.

You mean that it doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy that your president and elected representative is fulfilling his promise by leaving out those details and trumpeting how much he's doing to solve a problem?

Hopefully no ones sarcasm meter is broken on this one.

This is a stupid move that will only serve to make things more convoluted than they need to be. While making a "gesture" which is ultimately pointless.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
spitfirebill wrote: One statement is total bullE36 M3. This was NOT unexpected. THey have been blocking this for some time. It also involves M-1 Carbines, which have those infamous high capacity magazines.

Yep, those hi-capacity 15-rd magazines.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork

In reply to kazoospec:

M1 carbine you could easily, with 10, 15, 30, 45rd magazines even.........

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 12:05 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: One statement is total bullE36 M3. This was NOT unexpected. THey have been blocking this for some time. It also involves M-1 Carbines, which have those infamous high capacity magazines.
Yep, those hi-capacity 15-rd magazines.

M2 spec was 30rd.........Currently, the best source of new magazines for our carbines comes from Korea. Nicely made.

Even though it technically isn't an assault rifle, its an immediate precursor to them.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
8/29/13 12:11 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to kazoospec: M1 carbine you could easily, with 10, 15, 30, 45rd magazines even.........

Oh, a carbine sure, but if you want the "OG" punch on your man card, you gotta try hangin' an M1 out the window of your Impala and touching off a full 8 round clip. NOTE to gun vocab Nazi's, in this case "clip" is the correct term -

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 12:14 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Clip is the correct terminology for the garand......as it isn't an enclosed container. +1 for impressing me. You could use a garand for that, it'd just be a bit "big"

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/29/13 12:20 p.m.

Syria, Executive orders, whatever it takes to talk about something other than the NSA. Quick! Change the subject!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
8/29/13 12:21 p.m.

Maybe they are diverting the Garands to Syria.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/29/13 2:49 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
oldtin wrote: Chicago says "our gun control is very poor, seems we can't hit anything we're shooting at."
No, that's NYPD.

wrong .... LAPD ....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/29/13 2:52 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
No, that's NYPD.
wrong .... LAPD ....

Technically both.... LAPD fills blue trucks full of holes and NYPD just shoots 8 people trying to kill one guy.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Reader
8/29/13 3:00 p.m.

But it says nothing about firearms that arnt reimported. Thank god for ruskie weapons. Any other source then foxnews?

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
8/29/13 3:11 p.m.

This should end well...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eun49OkXMGKw6n14p2WS2aQAkAfgrWuoNY9M9XpicIaojvm3KoDovfOn89CYEsDx