1 2 3
Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
8/29/13 3:15 p.m.

I love me some Executive Orders.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 3:33 p.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: But it says nothing about firearms that arnt reimported. Thank god for ruskie weapons. Any other source then foxnews?

As far as I can tell, its only covering things that were made here and shipped overseas and now coming back.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/29/13 4:02 p.m.

Well, I guess that means my next rifle will be chambered in 5.45 instead of .30 Carbine

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/29/13 4:05 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: One statement is total bullE36 M3. This was NOT unexpected. THey have been blocking this for some time. It also involves M-1 Carbines, which have those infamous high capacity magazines.
Yep, those hi-capacity 15-rd magazines.
M2 spec was 30rd.........Currently, the best source of new magazines for our carbines comes from Korea. Nicely made. Even though it technically isn't an assault rifle, its an immediate precursor to them.

Tiff has a couple Korean made 30 rounders for her M1 and they have been flawless. Only issues have been with steel cased Hornady ammo.

My gun shop buddy just called me last week saying he got some surplus (Lake City) .30 Carbine ammo in. Sold me 200 rounds for $60 and threw in 50 rounds of 7.62x39 hollow points. The guy he got the ammo from has more and when he brings it in I will get the call. He puts all the .30 carbine aside for me.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 8:54 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

I hate you now.......its been 3mo since I've seen .30 carbine on the shelf, and I bought all 400rds they had. Aguila brass case though.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/29/13 9:55 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Don't hate to much we only have 500 rounds for the carbine at the moment. A drop in the bucket compared to other calibers.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/29/13 10:04 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp: I am down to a single load out for my magazines......should be about 350 or so. And they're scattered through the house.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/29/13 10:11 p.m.

Whew, so glad my AK47 is Romanian.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/29/13 10:36 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

Mine is Chinese (Norinco 56S). There ain't no more of those suckers coming in. Had it at the range and a guy offered me $2k for it.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/30/13 12:35 a.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

You should have told him 4k and its yours.......then come up with another 1-2k and get a M2 carbine........ F/A is fun after all.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/30/13 1:11 a.m.
kazoospec wrote: ... if you want the "OG" punch on your man card, you gotta try hangin' an M1 out the window of your Impala and touching off a full 8 round clip. ...

As an owner of both I promise to try this when I return to the states (bonus points for the column shift Impala?)

Now where was that driving/shooting place Top Gear went to after Sacked Stig wrote that book?

(pictures of thumbs available upon request to prove ownership of said Garand)

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/13 8:17 a.m.

I wonder if this will affect CMP, it is chartered by Congress.

Hungary Bill
8/30/13 8:20 a.m.

I was wondering the same thing, but every time I'm on the CMP site it seems like they're sold out of everything but old Krag junk.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
8/30/13 8:40 a.m.
The0retical wrote: This is a stupid move that will only serve to make things more convoluted than they need to be. While making a "gesture" which is ultimately pointless.

The strangest thing is that, if these new regulations really only affect things like M1 Garrands, he's made a "gesture" where both sides of the gun control debate can issue a joint, "Dude, WTF?" reply.

I don't have a problem with the other order, about blocking people who can't legally own a gun from playing legal shell games to get one. Just have to wonder how many dangerous criminals actually have the resources and inclination to jump through hoops to get a gun "legally" instead of just stealing one. But I can understand the, "This is a stupid loophole, let's close it" logic there.

But banning importing a class of guns that (1) are of serious interest to collectors, (2) not any more dangerous than other, completely legal guns, and (3) have no real association with street crime makes zero sense to me. It doesn't even make sense in the world of empty symbolic gestures, unless the goal of your empty symbolic gesture is to annoy Clint Eastwood for his "chair" speech.

stroker
stroker Dork
8/30/13 8:53 a.m.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/29/truth-about-obama-new-executive-orders-targeting-guns/

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/13 9:33 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

I was up at the Camp Perry store the first part of this month and they had quite a few M1s for sale. The only issue was they are too much money for me right now.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/30/13 9:49 a.m.

Yeah this does make me wonder what will happen with CMP as well. I have always wanted to get one of their Garands. I especially would love to get a C or D sniper rifle.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/30/13 10:19 a.m.

In reply to stroker:

Didn't they block M1 carbines awhile back that would have been coming from Korea for the CMP?

Hungary Bill
8/30/13 10:22 a.m.

Just thought of another rifle on the chopping block: 1917 Springfield manufactured SMLE (chambered in .30-06)

stroker
stroker Dork
8/30/13 1:44 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to stroker: Didn't they block M1 carbines awhile back that would have been coming from Korea for the CMP?

I believe so, yes. I'm told through industry contacts there are ships full of rifles waiting to unload but I would take that with a massive pinch of salt.

This is just one more step to restrict AK (and other) parts kits from being imported. I suspect the domestic manufacturers have greased a palm or two on this one.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/30/13 1:49 p.m.

Well if the "domestic manufacturers" would build me some $500 M1 carbine's I'd be happy to buy one.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
8/30/13 1:52 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: The strangest thing is that, if these new regulations really only affect things like M1 Garrands, he's made a "gesture" where both sides of the gun control debate can issue a joint, "Dude, WTF?" reply. I don't have a problem with the other order, about blocking people who can't legally own a gun from playing legal shell games to get one. Just have to wonder how many dangerous criminals actually have the resources and inclination to jump through hoops to get a gun "legally" instead of just stealing one. But I can understand the, "This is a stupid loophole, let's close it" logic there. But banning importing a class of guns that (1) are of serious interest to collectors, (2) not any more dangerous than other, completely legal guns, and (3) have no real association with street crime makes zero sense to me.

+1

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/30/13 2:04 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

They used to, and the only ones worth a flying berkeley were the early Universals......

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/30/13 2:08 p.m.

Yeah, "used to" is the key word. I'd love a nice M1 Carbine to go with my 1911 and Remy M11. To me that would be the perfect trifecta of awesomeness.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/30/13 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Wrong shotgun for the "trifecta" of awesome.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OSyKc0VyFCDDwaKaGfkcvRsUj7DsV3tSHIzLvWpXToL5m7j5EXEhOOQP5VmYV8qI