GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/22/08 1:22 p.m.

Yesterday I went and did an all-day offroading event that involved bouncing over awful trails ALL DAY LONG...I was dizzy for a good while afterwards but it seemed to go away...but now I notice sometimes I feel like I'm floating or falling over for a second. Has anyone else had this problem?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/22/08 1:45 p.m.

I do occasionally have a feeling of subjective vertigo for no apparent reason. I have not had it checked out, but I have always had ear problems so I figure (for me) it's related to that.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
9/22/08 1:53 p.m.

if you hit your head on anything or were subjected to anything causeing jarring wiplash i would go to a doctor directly.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/22/08 1:53 p.m.

1: were you in a helmet?

2: did you hit your head?

3: are you seeing double?

;)

I got a concussion circle track racing and NEVER hit anything (except my head obviously ;) )

Duke
Duke Dork
9/22/08 1:55 p.m.

It could well be dehydration as well as motion-related. Drink water until your pee is almost colorless.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/22/08 2:06 p.m.

But when I drink alot I feel like I'm floating and dizzy

iceracer
iceracer Reader
9/22/08 2:31 p.m.

You are drinkin the wrong stuff.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/22/08 3:06 p.m.

Or the right stuff.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/22/08 3:15 p.m.

It's happened to me, if you have ever heard the expression 'getting your sea legs' it's real similar to that. I used to go deep sea fishing with my dad, I'd get acclimated to the boat rolling around in the swells and when we got back to dry land it was usually two days before I could walk normally again.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
9/22/08 4:11 p.m.

I drove one of our trucks over a fairly rough site one day for about two hours. I was going slow, because I cannot stand to have the pressure against my belly from the seat belt. I got so nausaous I couldn't eat lunch. Bouncing around upsets the equlibirum inside your cochlea and takes a while to stabilize.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/22/08 6:14 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: It's happened to me, if you have ever heard the expression 'getting your sea legs' it's real similar to that. I used to go deep sea fishing with my dad, I'd get acclimated to the boat rolling around in the swells and when we got back to dry land it was usually two days before I could walk normally again.

I used to work for a yacht maintenance company. For the first week after the boats went back in the water each Spring, I had a hard time adjusting to walking on dry land after work.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/08 7:34 a.m.

I think I'm okay now, haven't had any incidents since around the time I started this thread. I actually do get seasick if I'm high up on a tall boat, I don't mind really rough seas when I'm at sea level in a little boat but if I'm many stories up on a ferry or cruise liner and it starts to move a little too much....BLAAARGHH!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nCjC5998TLGBkBgiZFGkBvqwaDpX9RY6V1mnr4CxYuGtrE4cBsdMXQOpV6SIjW58