1 2 3
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/3/18 12:03 a.m.

smiley

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/3/18 6:55 a.m.

Baseball should not be played in October. Ever.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/18 8:35 a.m.
Appleseed said:

You'd be an outstanding Mets fan.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/3/18 8:51 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Near as I can tell, it has always been played in October. 

In any case, I feel like drowning my sorrows. I wonder if Chili Davis gets fired.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/3/18 9:35 a.m.

I haven't watched one baseball game this year. Until last night, playoff baseball is awesome. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/3/18 10:15 a.m.
mtn said:
Appleseed said:

Near as I can tell, it has always been played in October. 

In any case, I feel like drowning my sorrows. I wonder if Chili Davis gets fired.

It was called the World Series, not the end of the regular season. By the time they get done dicking around,  it's damn near November, and that's hockey season. 

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
10/3/18 10:20 a.m.

Q. Where are the best parties in Chicago? 

A. The visitor's clubhouse at Wrigley Field. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
10/3/18 10:30 a.m.

Mrs. f1y said just yesterday about th cool weather, well, one good thing about fall, baseball wil be over soon cheeky

NHL season starts tonight!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/3/18 10:54 a.m.

Great game last night. I'm not one to "watch" the games but I'll have them on in the background while I'm doing some stuff. Last night, I was watching a lot of it. 

Looking forward to the Tribe/Strohs series. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/3/18 11:58 a.m.
D2W said:

I haven't watched one baseball game this year. Until last night, playoff baseball is awesome. 

I am very much like that.  I caught a few Blue Jay games early in the season, and whoever invented "Blue Jays in 30" is a berkeleying genius.  I will overdose opn baseball for the next five weeks or so.

I almost feel sorry for the Cubs fans. 

Now, to quote W.P. Kinsella,"We much cheer whenever the Yankees lose, for it happens so seldom."

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/3/18 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Ah, don't feel bad for us Cubs fans......we have a good, young team and should be competitive for years.   This year they fell short of expectations, but at least Baez gave us reason to cheer---all season long.  Besides, our World Series victory is still fresh in our minds.  

I'm rooting for the Rockies---- they play in a great park, have been close before, and they get zero national attention.   I'd like to see them win, and make my CO buddies happy.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/3/18 1:07 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

Ah, don't feel bad for us Cubs fans......we have a good, young team and should be competitive for years.   This year they fell short of expectations, but at least Baez gave us reason to cheer---all season long.  Besides, our World Series victory is still fresh in our minds.  

I'm rooting for the Rockies---- they play in a great park, have been close before, and they get zero national attention.   I'd like to see them win, and make my CO buddies happy.  

Plus, talk about a season of bad luck for the Cubs... and they still won 95 games. 

I'm rooting for Cleveland, I oddly have a bunch of friends who are Cleveland fans.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/3/18 1:37 p.m.

I have no dog in this hunt, so to speak.  No Jays, no Tigers. As you can tell from my team selections, I generally have no dog in the hunt...

I always find it a bit interesting to find out who I cheer for as the fall goes on, and why.  Last year, the dimwit right fielder for the Dodgers made me cheer for whoever was playing against them.  

Maybe, Go Tribe!  Let's see how that feels.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/3/18 2:26 p.m.

Go Tribe for me. My work computer background for the month of October. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/3/18 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin :

Am I the only one wondering if this is his (Javier) mom or maybe grandma?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/18 4:00 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

Go Tribe for me. My work computer background for the month of October. 

I really hope this is the year 

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/3/18 4:07 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

The Cubs had a great year. It has to be hard when in the span of a few days you go from the best record in the NL and home field thoughout the playoffs to watching at home.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/3/18 5:03 p.m.

I'm an Orioles fan in Ohio so I wish baseball season was over, but I'm secretly pulling for the indians.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/3/18 5:07 p.m.

I watch the Yankees once in a while only because my son has a box there.  They suck this year; all new players, new coach.  Yankees - Red Sox, 7-0 in the second inning.

Wonder what's on the Bowling Channel ......

einy
einy HalfDork
10/3/18 6:16 p.m.

Go Brewers

79rex
79rex New Reader
10/3/18 8:12 p.m.

brewers fan checking in, heading to my 1st baseball playoff game at miller park Friday.  This dosent happen often for us. The whole city is stoked.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
10/4/18 9:15 a.m.

I fail to see how October baseball is any worse than basketball or hockey in June.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/4/18 10:17 a.m.

I don't really care, but the Dodgers playoff games are not even being televised in Los Angeles!  They are only being shown on the MLB network.  Seems like a bad move. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/4/18 12:23 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

I agree----hockey should not be played until the snow falls.   The year they had the strike, the season was the perfect length.  Their season is way too long---- from Sept to June?   I honestly don't know how those guys hold up.   

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/18 1:36 p.m.

Go Bravos

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bjBgHhRFgVWsNsQ6ApXhdFvauTsNvyR3i6wouURCnoQ31gAqcSKQcolsrEEBrfAD