Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/14/18 9:46 p.m.

We visited Yosemite last month and some of the scenes were shot there.  

Car movie? Yes.

Cornball comedy? Yes, but it’s totally safe for your young ones.  

We think this movie is a riot and the scene up the mountain was similar to some of our travels in Yosemite and Death Valley recently.  

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
7/15/18 9:26 a.m.

Interesting, just had a discussion with the neighbor a few days ago about classic travel trailers. Will have to check this movie out.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/15/18 11:40 a.m.

Also features Keenan Wynn, a huge motorhead.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/15/18 11:47 a.m.

It was a pretty good movie.  It's interesting how back then towing a big trailer like that was done with a passenger car, while today everyone seems to need a one ton diesel to do the same thing.  smiley

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/15/18 12:17 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

But a passenger car then weighed as much as a one ton diesel does now...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/15/18 2:03 p.m.

In reply to CJ :

People look at those old cars and think they were super heavy compared to today, but that wasn't necessarily the case.  They used a '53 Mercury in the movie (and a '53 Lincoln in long shots, it was more powerful); The Mercury was only around 3800 lbs while the Lincoln weighed around 4300 lbs.  Not much different than a new Ford Taurus.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/15/18 3:34 p.m.

I MUCH prefer towing with my modern 1 ton diesel dually as oppose to something like my 68 Ford wagon.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
7/15/18 4:06 p.m.

Many seem to want the bro-dozer to pull everything nowadays. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/15/18 9:40 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

It was a pretty good movie.  It's interesting how back then towing a big trailer like that was done with a passenger car, while today everyone seems to need a one ton diesel to do the same thing.  smiley

I love the one little mirror he had to see what’s going on.  Hilarious.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q5Yhk91NxXvU0fZ7CAdSHIXS6E4EUzZsetzf471bu93TN4FeJS7jc656MenYjeM2