ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
10/19/18 11:17 a.m.

From Fox News:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/mechanic-fired-after-dashcam-catches-him-taking-customers-car-for-a-89-mph-ride

The comments are funny at the end, what exactly is a dog coat salesperson?

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
10/19/18 12:49 p.m.

Lady, if you haven't taken your Porsche over 89mph, YOU are the abuser. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/19/18 12:55 p.m.

How in the HELL is a Porsche driven at 89mph "damaged goods"?????

What the ever loving berkeley?!?!?!?!?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/18 1:16 p.m.
ThurdFerguson said:

The comments are funny at the end, what exactly is a dog coat salesperson?

A dog coat salesperson is the person that convinced my wife that our dog, a small animal covered in fur, would freeze to death without being wrapped in something lined in fur.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
10/23/18 3:30 p.m.

That was funny as heck and the comments where funny. My mother was laughing at the coments when I read her some and she hates driving.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/23/18 3:48 p.m.

One of my good buddies had a 2005 Subaru STi with "special" modifications.    He let me "test drive" it.  So I get on a feeder road next to I-10 and let it rip.

I looked at the speedo after I shifted to 4th and was going 110.  So I backed off.  Years ago I was arrested for speeding and did not want to repeat that experience.  This was on my mind.

So the the first thing out of his mouth is "you wimp, my dad is 75, he took it up to 130 before he backed off".

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/24/18 8:19 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

She's afraid people will think she was driving the car. As the preeminent dog-sweater sales person in the area, she has a reputation to maintain as a warm, solid, trustworthy, and responsible human being. Driving above the posted limit just isn't DONE. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/24/18 9:31 a.m.

I feel bad for the mechanic. He might be mistaken for a dog coat salesperson. 

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/24/18 9:58 a.m.

Stupid to do it in a customers car. Even dumber was not topping up the gas or turning off the camera.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ynMVsd15q9Mj5mlWv5nN07rJrqvk1iwPAQdaRfnVXL4PWubE7lbEOSg8batoyAuF