1 2 3 4 5 6
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 9:48 a.m.

Girl-Spawn is going nuts. We've got a plain black mailbox and no HOA to complain if we paint it, so I asked her if she wanted to paint our mailbox.

She's on board. I'll get a picture of it when it's done.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 9:58 a.m.

I finally got around to plugs and wires on the Branger.  That fixed the misfire at low RPMs.  Also took the time to clean the MAF, TB, and IAC, although they looked pretty clean.

Ordered a crapload of parts for it: radiator, belt, front rotors and pads, rear main, flywheel, clutch kit, slave and master, and the kit comes with a new pilot bearing instead of bushing.  Also ordered heater core, intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/3/20 7:58 p.m.

Bring on the trees!  

Lots of sightlines into the yard sorted.  Trashcans are now out of my garage in an HOA approved fashion.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/4/20 9:38 a.m.

Nothing special, want to be able to see the floor in my barn so I put up some little racks to hold all the 2x that I'd collected.

long way to go

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
4/5/20 9:39 a.m.

Should we include things to learn during the stay in shelter time?

Found a website (they also have a phone app) where you can learn Morse Code in 15 minutes.

https://morse.withgoogle.com/learn/

.-. --- -...

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/5/20 3:30 p.m.

1/3 cleaned/organized

wish the scrap yards were open, have a couple truck loads

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
4/5/20 7:31 p.m.

I've been working 4-day weeks and starting to dig into projects that have been waiting for me to get around to them.

Rebuilt a mechanical fuel pump for my antique Oldsmobile.  Shipping for the kit was a bit more expensive than it should have been, but it did feel good to support a smaller business - Fusick Oldsmobile parts.  Got it back on the car and took it around the block for the first time since it entered winter hibernation.  

Then I did a full exterior detail job on the Volt.  Couldn't remember the last time I did it and the car just rolled over 100k.  I'm planning to keep it for the long haul so it might as well look good.  I think the aero package on this car tends to accumulate a lof of junk on the back surfaces of the car so I spent a lot of time with iron fallout remover and a clay bar to get it clean and smooth again.  Then compound in a few spots, polish, and wax all from Griots.  Went full crazy and put the car up on jack stands so I wasn't bending over the whole time.  I'm driving it more now since the wife isn't an essential employee and I can charge for free at work - cutting those fuel costs.

And today I started ripping into some old damaged plaster that needs reworked.  Least favorite, but the time is right to tackle it.

mjrj
mjrj New Reader
4/5/20 7:49 p.m.

I work 4-10s as an essential employee, so get the weekend and Monday off.  Last 2 weekends have been rainy.  May be nice tomorrow.  2 Mondays ago I put together a new negative battery cable for my 94 C1500 with 2 gauge cable to the engine, and repurposed the original 4 gauge to go to the frame.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get outside, diagnose and clean my 90 Civic SI that I want to sell.  Listed some honda parts, an old ford air cleaner and a core transmission on facebook marketplace this afternoon.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/9/20 5:12 p.m.

Some little jobs and some bigger ones.

New exterior illumination x2

Then removed the remains of a dead basketball hoop

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/9/20 5:15 p.m.

I also got my garage towel disaster back on point.  The pile method I employed previously was less than satisfactory.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/9/20 5:19 p.m.

Did some little projects on the Cougar too, pinion snubber, parking brake cables, drained the trans and pulled the driveshaft.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/9/20 6:00 p.m.

Those are some really cool projects guys, there are silver linings to this ordeal.

Just finished up mucking out and blowing 2,400' of commercial gutters on Sunday.

About to repot my japanese maple collection.  35 mph gusts yesterday and today so hopefully start tomorrow.

4/9/20 7:48 p.m.

I added some bling to my Fordzda Branger tonight.  The factory intake boot was degrading badly and it had some leaks.  A new Dorman replacement was $124, so I instead bought an Ebay aftermarket intake for $69.  I couldn't have cobbled a PVC intake together for that much.  SOTP, I think it went from the factory 160 hp all the way up to 161.4 hp.  That also could have been because the factory filter was filthy.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/9/20 9:12 p.m.

Made a bracket to relocate the coil on the Midlana.

Now on to wiring up Megasquirt...

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/9/20 9:18 p.m.

Ive had a new carb for my golfcart for about 5+ years. Its for a larger motor and has a accelerator pump. Cart is a 90's club car carryall 1.  I put a Kohler v-twin in it years ago, about 20 hp. Stock motor was an over-governed 9hp kawasaki. 

finally got the carb swapped, cleaned the poo off the motor from the leaky valve cover and replaced the stator. Thats the barrina led lights i just put up throwing that great light out. 

break in the wire on the old stator. Newer one is thicker so more charging power too. 

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/10/20 7:55 a.m.

I learned something about myself. I really dislike tiling. but I muscled through it. 

4/10/20 8:15 a.m.

I'm not a huge fan of tiling, mostly because I hate wet saws

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/20 8:27 a.m.

In reply to bgkast :

Whoah, I missed the part where you went to an SRT-4 engine. Is there online documentation you don't mind sharing?

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/10/20 5:19 p.m.
WillG80 said:

I learned something about myself. I really dislike tiling. but I muscled through it. 

That looks awesome!  I tiled a bathroom floor once, came out awesome, but wow was it tedious.  I should not have gone period with the tiny white octagons and black grout but it did look right in the old Victorian.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/20 9:41 p.m.
Curtis73 said:

Do we have one?  I've noticed some of you posting your individual projects, but maybe we could make one big mega thread of all of it.  You know... so someone 4 years from now can revive it with a canoe.

not quite a canoe, how about an "Expedition wherry?" It's more of a rough water rowing shell.

I built the hull in the summer and fall before it got too cold in the basement to play with epoxy. Now I am strip planking the deck.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/10/20 9:59 p.m.

Making storage.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
4/12/20 4:11 p.m.

A while back, the wife and I dragged home a 50's Formica dinette set, specifically a Douglas Furniture set from 1954. She's got a thing for 50's diner stuff, and I don't blame her; this stuff is cool. This one was nasty, but it was all there with 5 chairs. The table itself had some gross orange stains on it, the seats had weird adhesive crap all over them, and there was a lot of pitting in the chrome, but the price was cheap so we got it. After 2 days of cleanup, scrubbing, wet sanding, and polishing, we have a 10-footer that was suitable for the kitchen! Our house was built in 1944, so this one is sorta period-correct.

We did Easter dinner at the table today, and it worked out great!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/12/20 5:20 p.m.

Since I'm essential and have a E36 M3ty work schedule, be glad when this contract is over, I finally getting around to replacing the whiny 180k mile rearend in my suburban.

As delivered from the JY:

So far have it stripped down to go in after the rain subsides so I can get the old one out....

Stripped:

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/12/20 8:39 p.m.

Pushed the Cougar outta the garage for a ride height check.  Like it!

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/12/20 8:49 p.m.

High wind advisory for tomorrow so I changed the oil in the generator and decided to change my compressor oil too.  

Shimmed the new front porch concrete step.   Took a 2.5 mile walk with the dog then made Easter breakfast for the family.  I cleaned out a bunch of garage stuff and fired up the leaf blower to clean the garage floor.  I noodled some garage plumbing ideas for both water and compressed air to my hose reel, mounted some hooks for my motorcycle adapter for the lift, put the kids sleds in the garage attic and pulled down the 14” wheels and tires to get rid of them.  Got some laundry done between things too.  Didn’t look at the news at all.  Felt good about things today.   

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8q4t2i6mFF3SmBAAkSIyHRZxlxf8FHBarx069EE8KI3bJptECpGAXwuIgrOF6bGE