http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/05/oj.simpson.sentencing/index.html

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
12/5/08 1:23 p.m.

better late than never?

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/5/08 1:28 p.m.

He's got to be one of the stupidest man alive... I guess in someway that will eventually result in a crime.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
12/5/08 1:45 p.m.

And now he'll get to be somebodys girlfriend.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/5/08 1:52 p.m.

What are you talking about. He wasn't trying to rob them. He was just bringing a group of armed friends to ask them nicely for the items, that were obviously his, so he could return them to the Goldmans. He didn't know that he was doing anything wrong by threatening them with lethal weapons.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
12/5/08 2:44 p.m.

Social Darwinism in action.........

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/5/08 2:45 p.m.
Salanis wrote: What are you talking about. He wasn't trying to rob them. He was just bringing a group of armed friends to ask them nicely for the items, that were obviously his, so he could return them to the Goldmans. He didn't know that he was doing anything wrong by threatening them with lethal weapons.

Johnnie Cochran, you old dog! I didn't know you channeled through Salanis.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/5/08 5:57 p.m.
Jensenman wrote:
Salanis wrote: What are you talking about. He wasn't trying to rob them. He was just bringing a group of armed friends to ask them nicely for the items, that were obviously his, so he could return them to the Goldmans. He didn't know that he was doing anything wrong by threatening them with lethal weapons.
Johnnie Cochran, you old dog! I didn't know you channeled through Salanis.

Yeah, my next step is to channel his bank account. That one isn't going so well.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/08 2:20 a.m.

Dear Mr. Suddard,

Thank you for the excellent magazine and some great online articles for the times between the paper issues. The forums on the website however are not my favorite. I would like to recommend they be more closely monitored, if not moderated.

They seem to have attracted an unusually high ratio of very passionate, articulate, yet seriously misguided readers.

To wit, a forum user posted a comment implying that OJ Simpson had killed two people. He states this even though Mr Simpson was fouind not guilty in a criminal trial. Why this comment was posted escapes me yet seems to have been done in an effort to incite conflict among other forum users.

Most rationale people would agree that not only did Mr Simpson not kill those people but nobody has worked harder combing the golf courses and titty bars of America looking for the real killers.

Instead, some of your forum users feel that it is better that he be given an excessive jail sentence while the people who brutally murdered his wife and that poor kid from the resturaunt are free to roam knowing that with Mr Simpson behind bars noone is bothering to look for them.

Your magazines have earned a great reputation for their high content:fluff ratio the website and forums should support. I strongly recommend establishing better boundaries for the use of the forums. Please do not be afraid to restrict or even disallow the use of the forums by those whom either cannot or will not behave themselves. A right to an opinion does not equal permission to pollute your forums with it.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/6/08 6:59 a.m.

The best part is that he MUST have increased the value of the stuff he was trying to get back by at least 4 fold.

He just made the owner a fortune.

Karma works.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/6/08 7:02 a.m.

Yup, karma works very very well.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/6/08 7:11 a.m.

Apparently he took the sports memorabilia, but he also took the victim's cellphone.

"I'll be leaving now with this stolen stuff after I just assaulted and kidnapped you. Maybe I'll just take this GPS unit which you know how to reach with me too"

Epic in his stupidity.

minimac
minimac Dork
12/6/08 8:12 a.m.

The best part is that he turned down a plea deal that would have netted him far fewer years in the pokey. He refused the deal and demanded, according to the prosecutor, what amounted to a public apology. Now he is going to BE the "poke-ee"!

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/6/08 1:42 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Karma works.

Truth.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
12/6/08 2:26 p.m.
Wally wrote: Dear Mr. Suddard, Thank you for the excellent magazine and some great online articles for the times between the paper issues. The forums on the website however are not my favorite. I would like to recommend they be more closely monitored, if not moderated. They seem to have attracted an unusually high ratio of very passionate, articulate, yet seriously misguided readers. To wit, a forum user posted a comment implying that OJ Simpson had killed two people. He states this even though Mr Simpson was fouind not guilty in a criminal trial. Why this comment was posted escapes me yet seems to have been done in an effort to incite conflict among other forum users. Most rationale people would agree that not only did Mr Simpson not kill those people but nobody has worked harder combing the golf courses and titty bars of America looking for the real killers. Instead, some of your forum users feel that it is better that he be given an excessive jail sentence while the people who brutally murdered his wife and that poor kid from the resturaunt are free to roam knowing that with Mr Simpson behind bars noone is bothering to look for them. Your magazines have earned a great reputation for their high content:fluff ratio the website and forums should support. I strongly recommend establishing better boundaries for the use of the forums. Please do not be afraid to restrict or even disallow the use of the forums by those whom either cannot or will not behave themselves. A right to an opinion does not equal permission to pollute your forums with it.

Sincerely Yours,

OJ Simpson

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/7/08 3:22 a.m.

Well at least he's used to catching, thanks to his football career.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/8/08 12:48 a.m.

is it just me, or did he berkeley up enough this time that he didn't need people remembering his earlier "incident" to get the conviction and jail time that he did this time around.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
12/8/08 1:03 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Epic in his stupidity.

Priceless.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
12/8/08 7:27 a.m.

The gun charges REALLY cost him. So stupid !

Besides, everyone knows he's better with a knife!

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
12/8/08 9:48 a.m.
SoloSonett wrote: The gun charges REALLY cost him. So stupid ! Besides, everyone knows he's better with a knife!

Ouch !!!!

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/8/08 10:05 a.m.

So... do you think the fact that he has bad knees will be a problem for him in the "slammer"?

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
12/8/08 11:17 a.m.

He'll make a great wide receiver...

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
12/8/08 11:34 a.m.
Lesley wrote: He'll make a great wide receiver...

I'm sure they could play him as a tight end....at least for little while

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/8/08 11:42 a.m.
bamalama wrote:
Wally wrote: Dear Mr. Suddard, I ... killed ... people. ... combing the golf courses and titty bars of America looking for ... Your magazines ... recommend ... your forums.
Sincerely Yours, OJ Simpson

I guess Wally was right.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/8/08 3:04 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote:
Lesley wrote: He'll make a great wide receiver...
I'm sure they could play him as a tight end....at least for little while

Yep, he will go in as a tight end and come out a wide receiver. He better be practicing that running through the airport bit. Wonder whose salad he will toss?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jGXj7gYKYaPtodX6lFO6ImAj6HvceITEyyeoze3XjUw7Bj29gjgNyVYEoKBtWcwh