1 2
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
4/12/15 7:18 a.m.

In reply to tdisalvo:

Id be interested in your rc10t, the system won't let me email you though. Vdblyou at yahoo dot com

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/15 11:27 a.m.

I have my original RC10 that I bought back in the 7th grade. My parents moved to a different house and my Mom showed up with all my comics, baseball cards & this RC10 that amazingly still ran even though the batteries died quickly.

A year later I had picked up 3 parts cars on CL ($20-30) and had enough stuff to build two running cars.
They are a blast!
I'm amazed at what is still available for them off eBay.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/14/18 12:36 a.m.

Zombie threadsurrection, sorry.

I worked at a hobby shop. I went through most of the RC-10 variants from '85-'93 or so, as well as a bunch of other stuff, attended regionals twice...

So why can't I shake the urge to buy a Hornet, my first "hobby-level" car? It was the worst by an order of magnitude. But it calls to me...

Wish there was actual buggy racing on dirt around here.

maddabe
maddabe Reader
2/14/19 9:59 p.m.

Have you ever started a thread and then completely forgot about it for 4 years?

Or am I alone here?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/15/19 12:02 a.m.

Somebody pulled up a post I did 8 years ago. Its weird, I agree.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/15/19 4:22 a.m.

RC cars are definitely haunting me right now - not helped by a new shop with an indoor track that opened in the shopping center near the end of my street (walking distance). 

maddabe
maddabe Reader
2/15/19 7:21 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

On or off-road? Cause the Tamiya m-05 is a blast

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/15/19 7:44 a.m.
maddabe said:

In reply to Ian F :

On or off-road? Cause the Tamiya m-05 is a blast

Indoor on-road (carpet) and they run a weekly series for the M-05.  I'm planning to get one when I have some room and time in my house to play with it.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
2/15/19 7:45 a.m.

I just unseized the engine on my Duratrax Maximum ST. Need to find some nitro fuel to try and start her up. Really curious if it still runs.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/15/19 7:55 a.m.
Ian F said:

RC cars are definitely haunting me right now - not helped by a new shop with an indoor track that opened in the shopping center near the end of my street (walking distance). 

Even worse, prices have plummeted in the last few years thanks to overseas parts availability. Lots of knockoffs on the market, but also some decent electronics. Going brushless is dirt cheap, as are receivers, servos, and transmitters. Used to you didn't have that many options between a toy grade R/C and a first class Tamiya kit. Now there is an insane array of options at almost every price level. I'm got seven cars right now, and thinking about eight...

My dabbling in cheap Chinese knockoffs: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grassroots-rcsports-chinese-knockoff-review-editio/131481/page1/

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
2/15/19 10:00 a.m.

Nope. I'm not gonna read this thread. I worked in a hobby shop in the late 80s. RC cars were like heroin to me. 

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner New Reader
2/15/19 11:43 a.m.

I got suckered in by the clone of the Bruiser. They were always so cool, but $1500+ for an old one, or $1000 for the rerelease just isnt happening.  $205 shipped RTR, yes please.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/15/19 12:09 p.m.

I was into 1:10 RC in the late 90's-early 00's.  Had a Losi XX-T, Tamiya F103 and a HPI RS4. By the time I stopped the Touring Car craze was so out of hand that it wasn't much more expensive to buy a real car and work on that...so I did!

The hobby calls back to me sometimes but I really don't need to spend the money when I have a real car that needs the love.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3R13NK5zZ7XvrC4txOck9lJRVG2xxB0Nh10XOK4pUNBSLM0L1Qyo27WmwWsrpo0X