Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/19/11 11:28 a.m.

Uh, I know of a car for sale (Grandpa's Vette) and would like to share with the GRM'ers, but it's over $2012. Where do I stick it?

Duke
Duke SuperDork
12/19/11 11:34 a.m.

The party line answer is going to be grm.racingjunk.com .

Javelin
12/19/11 11:39 a.m.
Duke wrote: The party line answer is going to be grm.racingjunk.com .

Ugh. That site is a royal PITA to use. Not to mention it's not my stuff. I just thought Florida-based GRM'ers would be interested in it.

alex
alex SuperDork
12/19/11 12:03 p.m.

I would imagine that your PowerDork status buys a little leeway from both the community and the powers-that-be around here. I certainly wouldn't object to a post on it, and I'm willing to bet most others feel the same way. Totally understand your desire to get permission and stay above board, though.

Javelin
12/19/11 12:58 p.m.

In reply to alex:

I'd love to just post up the details of the Vette and his other stuff, but I don't want to run afoul of the powers-that-be. He's starting up a chrome and plating business and is trying to get everything running smoothly.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/19/11 1:00 p.m.

The typical way is to put it on craigslist first and THEN make a post like yours but with the link included. (never too late to edit )

Jeff
Jeff Dork
12/19/11 1:30 p.m.

Lets say, for example, grandpa's Vette is worth $10060. Advertise in the 20xx classifieds as 5 corvette pieces each worth $2012. Must buy the set.

I've thought for some time that we should be able to use the classifieds for more expensive cars as long as they were of interest to GRM readers. And maybe you need to be at least a half dork to post anything over the 20xx price so we don't get lot's of spam posts.

Mr. Joshua's way works too.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
12/19/11 1:35 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Duke wrote: The party line answer is going to be grm.racingjunk.com .
Ugh. That site is a royal PITA to use.

Yeah I don't like it either. Last time I posted anything on it I got offered a 50 lawnmowers for a trade and a number of other almost as stupid trades.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
12/19/11 1:35 p.m.

What year Vette?

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
12/19/11 1:39 p.m.

I wish they'd let us have a liberal more usage of posting our own cars for sale in the forums here. I hate the racing junk classifieds.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
12/19/11 2:13 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: The typical way is to put it on craigslist first and THEN make a post like yours but with the link included. (never too late to edit )

That's a winning solution.

In other news, we are seeking a solution to the classified ad quandry.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/19/11 2:33 p.m.

get it on bringatrailer?

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
12/19/11 2:42 p.m.

That's good to know, I'll be posting a seriously built M20 for turbo use pretty soon, that won't fall into that price structure.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/19/11 3:22 p.m.

I'm in FL and would love to know about it!

Javelin
12/19/11 4:28 p.m.

Uh well, since we're already all here...

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/2761342086.html

1981 Corvette. 350/TH350, aluminum intake, Holley 4Bbl, roller rockers, headers, sidepipes, T-Tops, all new brakes, mechanicals are A-1. White, repaint but needs help. Needs little things and rubber seals. Shoot me an email at amx310 AT gmail DOT com and I'll give you Gramp's number.

He's got an 11-second Elky and a 9-second AMX that are both going up soon as well, so I hope the GRM non-RJ classified solution will be up soon. Otherwise I'll be making FL CL ads like crazy...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/19/11 4:54 p.m.

Any Vette forums out there?

Dan

Javelin
12/21/11 1:39 p.m.
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/21/11 8:41 p.m.

You could try Corvetteforum.com used to be a really nice place, but the corporate overlords drove out many of the C4 regulars. I still pop in from time to time if I need something Corvette related. Looks like a nice car at a very reasonable, if not cheap price. 80-82's hold value much better than their slightly older (74-79) brethren.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YiXNGnctDbWrJFKC7Po2Y8Fh4dOSoQKoICQBJpuibsomjGwaiWimY71p8QiVUOSo