1 2 3 4
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/22/19 11:16 a.m.
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/22/19 11:20 a.m.

I seriously doubt it will have any real effect on the team. But God I hope it does.

M16ta
M16ta New Reader
2/22/19 11:24 a.m.

In for the first joke about deflated balls...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/22/19 11:25 a.m.

I would dearly love to drink a toast to their demise, but I doubt this will have much effect. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
2/22/19 11:53 a.m.

Seems like he could've been found with a dead hooker in his trunk and ten kilos of coke and would still get a pass and another championship ring.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/22/19 11:54 a.m.

Might depend on which political party he belongs to... between pitchforks and blind eye forgiveness. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/22/19 12:06 p.m.

He will make a plea deal, get probation, pay a fine, never serve time. 

This isn't really going to impact anything.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/22/19 12:13 p.m.

Clickbait thread title much?

Is any one surprised at an uber rich old white dude turning out to be a greaseball?

As had been said, the effect on the team will be negligble.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/22/19 12:19 p.m.
bluej said:

Clickbait thread title much?

Is any one surprised at an uber rich old white dude turning out to be a greaseball?

As had been said, the effect on the team will be negligble.

Why you need to play the race card, bro?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/22/19 12:23 p.m.

I dunno. "Sexual servitude". That's heavy stuff. Immigration angle. Lots of intersectionality to go around on this one. At the least he'll have a reduced front office role. Sex trafficking is a major focus for law enforcement every single Superbowl. This isn't some diploma mill/J2 visa stuff. There's nothing click bait about exploitation. indecision

No Time
No Time Dork
2/22/19 12:28 p.m.
M16ta said:

In for the first joke about deflated balls...

Inflate-gate

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/22/19 12:35 p.m.
z31maniac said:

He will make a plea deal, get probation, pay a fine, never serve time. 

This isn't really going to impact anything.

Yeah. Besides, while it is abhorrent, the real issue is with the folks actually in the ring, not the customers.

The real shocking thing is that apparently, he isn't the biggest name on the list. Look at who lives in Jupiter. This could get interesting. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/22/19 12:48 p.m.

I think this will end up as the poster child of how the NFL turns a blind eye to the abuse and exploitation of women.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/22/19 1:14 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I bet that Goddell forces him to sell the team. I only wish Cuban didn't have his own harassment issues, I'd love NE fan to have to deal with a Cuban ownership. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/22/19 1:16 p.m.
Stampie said:

I think this will end up as the poster child of how the NFL turns a blind eye to the abuse and exploitation of women.

I think you are right. Now you have to kick out the owner of the most successful team ever, right after Sports Illustrated magazine just ran them on the cover with "GOAT - greatest of all teams". Will the NFL choose $$ or morals?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/22/19 1:24 p.m.
Robbie said:
Stampie said:

I think you are right. Now you have to kick out the owner of the most successful team ever, right after Sports Illustrated magazine just ran them on the cover with "GOAT - greatest of all teams". Will the NFL choose $$ or morals?

I hope so, but look at how many guys in the NFL have been arrested for domestic violence as pros, or in college, are playing.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/22/19 4:58 p.m.

Why would they make him sell a team composed of violent drug using wife beating thugs for getting a happy ending at a massage parlour?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/19 5:55 p.m.

Non-issue. It's a rub and tug. He'll get a slap on the wrist, a fine less than his lunch bill, and everyone will forget about it in 30 days. Shoot, if it wasn't kraft this wouldn't have even made the news. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/19 6:09 p.m.

I think he's more worried about the absolute beating his company got yesterday and the SEC investigation. Hell even Warren Buffet lost over a billion dollars on Kraft!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/19 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

You know he doesn't have any involvement in Kraft Foods right? He made his money on paper. https://www.thekraftgroup.com/

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
2/22/19 6:35 p.m.

To answer the OP’s question: No.

Belicheat is the GOAT. Not the owner, GM, Brady, Gronk, etc.

That team wins because of Belichick, and in spite of their barely mediocre players. Every NFL coach should aspire to be him, instead they’ve chosen to ride the “inmates running the asylum” wave, and wonder why they don’t have superbowl rings.

This is coming from a die-hard Steelers fan. I’d do horrible, horrible things to have Belichick as our HC.

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
2/22/19 8:00 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Can you really be The GOAT with as many scandals and high profile cheating investigations as he's had? He's the ultimate "win at any cost, whatever it takes" guy. It doesn't matter how many wins, records, or rings he gets; his record will always be tainted gray, just like the area of the rule book that he's fond of living in.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/19 8:03 p.m.

In reply to STM317 :

We seem to hold Smokey Unick in high regard.

No Time
No Time Dork
2/22/19 8:27 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to STM317 :

We seem to hold Smokey Unick in high regard.

That’s different...people aren’t looking for a reason to hate him. 

For a lot of people, any reason to dislike New England is a good reason. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/19 8:50 p.m.

I'm just glad that he's a single guy and didn't get caught cheating on his wife.

Because once you're labeled as a cheater, it's hard to shake that sort of thing.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1ugQpCo2PjSC9uJNjfcFnPsl2YPWX4SG8msXICqmD4MoiM1xsZ0bgYIugC4hcz5U