1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/6/21 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Powar (Forum Supporter) :

My son loved his 9-5 wagon until it got stolen.  Found it on a beach in NYC but got it back.  His wifey didn't want it because thieves know where we live blah blah blah. He sold it to a friend's 18 year old for a first car, kidiot BALISTERED !!! a set of tires off it in a month and generally trashed the car.  Just sad .....

watching with interest.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/9/21 7:50 a.m.
914Driver said:

My son loved his 9-5 wagon until it got stolen.  Found it on a beach in NYC but got it back.  His wifey didn't want it because thieves know where we live blah blah blah. He sold it to a friend's 18 year old for a first car, kidiot BALISTERED !!! a set of tires off it in a month and generally trashed the car.  Just sad .....

watching with interest.

They're fun cars when you can keep fluids in them. I drove a manual 9-5 wagon daily for a while and it was good, but the engine basically needed a complete reseal and I wasn't prepared to do the work at the time. The one in the photo above supposedly has a blown head gasket. We'll see.

On a happier note (because it is actually MY project this time), here's my new old '85 900 Turbo being strapped to a trailer in Houston last Thursday night.

The shippers were pretty excellent and had the car to my house Saturday morning.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/20/21 8:51 p.m.

Yamaha XT225. A couple weeks ago I hadn't even considered one, but this came up on Craigslist and I think this will be more fun than the KLR 650 I had been looking for.

mtnbiker4evr13
mtnbiker4evr13 New Reader
2/21/21 8:14 a.m.

Gracious 87 300zx project from a member here.

My 2nd gen 4runner crawler.

Hoping to get the zx autocross worthy (entry level). It runs /drives now after many years of sitting. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/21/21 9:33 a.m.
mtnbiker4evr13 said:

Gracious 87 300zx project from a member here.

My 2nd gen 4runner crawler.

Hoping to get the zx autocross worthy (entry level). It runs /drives now after many years of sitting. 

I recognize that view as well!

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
4/3/21 7:42 a.m.

Had 1.5 years of free storage that ended so finally had to drag this thing home. Final thing from a move to a new part of the state. Found all kinds of treasures I had stashed inside. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 8:27 a.m.

One of those projects I'm scared of  because I might berk it up.

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/3/21 9:54 a.m.

My newest project. Drove about 5 hours each way to pick it up, but the price was right  

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
4/3/21 10:33 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

One of those projects I'm scared of  because I might berk it up.

Doesn't look like you can! 

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/3/21 10:36 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

The windshield is worth more than anything else I own.  It is specific to 4 door RX-3s.

I would rather have an RX-3 than the money from selling a windshield.

I may destroy the windshield in the process of removing it to repair the A-pillars because Mazda neglected to apply paint to the insides of them.  If the windshield gets damaged, there ARE no replacements.  Even people in Australia and New Zealand where these cars are still common-ish are all "WTB windshields, where at?" and no replies.

Break the windshield, I have nothing but regret.  Leave it alone, I have nothing but dreams.

Argh.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 11:08 a.m.

Forgot to post my latest one.

Unfortunately i forgot to take a picture when the front left wheel fell off on the first drive.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 12:08 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/3/21 12:31 p.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:

Forgot to post my latest one.

Unfortunately i forgot to take a picture when the front left wheel fell off on the first drive.

XJs are awesome in a Miata sort of way, but Montero has a certain panache that eludes definition.

That said, if I were to own a truck, it'd be a 2.8l XJ, because the inline six can be spitefully hard to work around.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/10/21 3:18 p.m.

Single owner LS1/T56 Fbody I brought home today with a blown brake line and some 'extras'.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/10/21 4:36 p.m.

The one owner 170,000 mile 97 Firebird Formula LT1 / T56 leaving for its new home:

Needs a bit more than a brake line, but it went with a parts car as well.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/11/21 7:19 a.m.

Gratuitous shot of Golfball mid move just because. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/11/21 2:59 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

Awesome! Hope you got a good deal. Every one of these I've seen lately are $10k for an absolute basket case. 

Cadman5
Cadman5 Reader
4/12/21 1:29 a.m.

Picked this up from my MIL in CA and hauled it to Seattle. 1966 Dodge A100. Her father (my wife's grandfather) bought it new from my wife's other grandfather who was a Dodge dealer. AZ/CA truck with no significant rust. 59k original miles. Major tune-up in 2015, so it started right up after nursing it with starting fluid for 30seconds. Not sure if I will set up a project thread or not  I'm pretty bad at updates  

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/12/21 8:33 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

Awesome! Hope you got a good deal. Every one of these I've seen lately are $10k for an absolute basket case. 

Fortunately yes, I got it for at/under the going rate for a T56. Definitely not a garage queen but that's good with me, I'll be comfortable driving it hard once the main issues are fixed.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/12/21 1:06 p.m.

If your friend is interested selling the wheels let me know.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/13/21 7:23 a.m.

Pic is actually about my latest addition to the Zoomboni system.  RACE RAMPS!

Last year when I bought the trailer I quickly realized that the deck height and short ramp door combined to make the entry far too steep for anything to drive in.  I cobbled together a combination of drive on service ramps to hold the ramp up and 2x12's to get up to it.   It was janky as E36 M3 and had too many things that could go wrong.

Race Ramps ain't cheap (these were over $500) but 1000% better to load my silly race car.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
4/13/21 8:52 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

If your friend is interested selling the wheels let me know.

If he was, they'd end up on my wife's car. cheeky

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/19/21 9:01 p.m.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/21 9:20 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

My regret is I have but 1 thumb up to give.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
4/20/21 2:30 a.m.

Another method... 

We have a pesky 80km/h speed limit on anything that tow anything else here. This is a very practical way of keeping highway pace on the way to the track. 

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
24mKjYGMu0NJkchdO4dO18fBsFDrDa9fnXw2alCCmtuSlIrz2qjvq23GA585Vcw6