No Time
No Time Dork
5/18/18 12:15 a.m.

I’m working on a bathroom remodel and as part of the remodel I moved a wall 2 feet, and reframed another to gain more room.

I just got a quote for plastering the upper half of the walls and ceiling inside the bathroom, and the outside of the two new walls, with the blue bird already hung. 

At $875, it’s higher than I expected, but I only got one quote and don’t have any experience with plaster costs to be able to say if it’s reasonable.  

The bathroom is about 8x8 with a sloped ceiling that goes from 5’6” to 9’. The outside of the walls are 8’ wide x 9’ tall in the hallway and needs to be blended into the old wall at the ends with inside corners. In the bedroom the wall is  8 foot wide, but goes from 5’6” to 9’ in Height and also gets blended at each end at inside corners. 

Any info on cost / square foot for veneer plaster in central mass? I just want to fret the project done, and he can work with my schedule, I just want to make sure It in the ballpark and not spend too much time chasing down quotes. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/18 7:23 a.m.

That sounds more than fair to me especially given location.  True plaster finishers are few and far between, so at least around here they could probably charge whatever they wanted.  Everything is just taped drywall anymore.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
5/18/18 7:47 a.m.

I'd pay that.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
5/18/18 7:48 a.m.

If your getting any tradesman to show up and put in a full day for under a grand here in mass, consider yourself lucky. So much work now i wont “look” at a job or give any estimates. I cant get to all of the jobs i have as it is. You want me to show, here is my hourly rate. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/18/18 7:54 a.m.
RossD said:

I'd pay that.

Absolutely.  A real plasterer (as opposed to a drywall finisher) is like a real stone mason.  There just aren't that many guys around with the skill any more.

No Time
No Time Dork
5/18/18 12:06 p.m.

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3nvreXcbg0Rcg4TUMuAuMZxdaYwYvuUrUeOrgpFBsTbkOfFdxeCd8cEfFS912epL