1 2
jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
1/3/18 6:49 a.m.

We've had a rarity here in central Florida this week - 3 days without sunshine.  It's been chilly and rainy all week, and today is no different:

As you can see, there's even a little snow in the upper part of the state, an even rarer event.  Anyway, I wish Seattle would go away and my Florida would return.

PS I know, 58• isn't much to complain about, but it's not normal for our winters.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/18 7:38 a.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

Totally off topic, didn't realize you were in Melbourne. For some reason I thought you were im north Carolina. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
1/3/18 8:03 a.m.

My fault, I'm sorry.

Spent the 18th through the 27th about 190 miles SW of you. I must have used up all the warm weather.

Sorry!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
1/3/18 8:04 a.m.

I've been in Melbourne for 38 years now.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/3/18 8:05 a.m.

I _don't_ want to hear it. angry

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/3/18 8:10 a.m.
Tom_Spangler said:

I _don't_ want to hear it. angry

Spend a week someplace where the humid low is 80.  This is better than that.  

Neither you can really be outside in the peak, both need some kind of HVAC for your home.  The heat lasts all summer and then some.  This cold (at least this cold) is normally very short, and does not happen every year.  

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
1/3/18 8:16 a.m.

Hell 58* would have been 58* above zero this morning.

Paul B

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/3/18 8:50 a.m.

I am headed for Tampa this week-end and I am here to tell you that the predicted 54 degrees is NOT going to cut it for my tourist dollars! So could y'all get your poop in a group and warm the place up?

Seriously.....

Pete

D2W
D2W HalfDork
1/3/18 10:18 a.m.

Just goes to show that no matter what someone has they will find a way to bitch about it.

I spent all last Saturday hauling broken branches to the dump from the ice storm we had the night before. 7 Pick up loads. In 30 degree weather. But at least it wasn't what the midwest got last week.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/3/18 10:30 a.m.

Jeez Jerry, I've been freezing all week, too (even had to wear pants one day. PANTS!), but I'm smart enough not to whine about it in public :)

By thw way, I was not the only guy in shorts, Tevas, a hoodie and gloves at Publix yesterday. Floridians are just not equipped physically, spiritually or emotionally for anything below about 55-degrees.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/3/18 10:40 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

Jeez Jerry, I've been freezing all week, too (even had to wear pants one day. PANTS!), but I'm smart enough not to whine about it in public :)

By thw way, I was not the only guy in shorts, Tevas, a hoodie and gloves at Publix yesterday. Floridians are just not equipped physically, spiritually or emotionally for anything below about 55-degrees.

True story----- while at the PRI Show in Indianapolis a few weeks ago the temps dropped down to 15 degrees or so.  (about normal for a Midwestern Winter)  A couple of my Floridian co-workers who shall remain nameless were bitching and moaning.....you'd think they had frozen solid.  Then I looked at what they were wearing........one was wearing a light hoodie, and the other was wearing a thin windbreaker!   Guys.....it's Winter......in Indiana!   We knew where we were going, we knew it was going to be fairly cold.  

Sometimes if you aren't used to weather you don't prepare for it.  Kind of like folks who complain about the heat in FL.  Take your clothes off!   Yes, it's hot, so take off your flannel, and jeans and run around 1/2 naked like the rest of us!  

when in Rome.....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
1/3/18 10:47 a.m.

I have to driveto north FL tonight.  From NC.  On 95.  

Forecast:  Freezing rain on east coast between north FL and NC.  

angry

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/18 12:18 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Were you still wearing crocks?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
1/3/18 12:21 p.m.

Perfect day for Disney world.  All the Bob Costas stay home, and the Canadians can run around in shorts.  Cuts way down on lineups.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/3/18 12:24 p.m.

Why don't y'all just come up here for a few days? I'll pay you to fix my car and provide you with hot food.  I promise, when you return home, the 40s and 50s will feel like those balmy 250% humidity summer days again. 

It was only -4 at 930 this morning, before wind chill. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
1/3/18 12:28 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Perfect day for Disney world.  All the Bob Costas stay home, and the Canadians can run around in shorts.  Cuts way down on lineups.

Even in this (Canadian winter) weather, there's always that one guy... walking around in shorts.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/3/18 3:46 p.m.

It got to a balmy positive 10°F at lunch today. I didn't even wear my gloves for the 15 second walk from the office to my already running vehicle with both the seat and wheel pre-warmed. That was nice.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/18 7:15 p.m.
Suprf1y said:
Streetwiseguy said:

Even in this (Canadian winter) weather, there's always that one guy... walking around in shorts.

I was at the store today, it's 20 degrees out, and she is in a puffy winter coat, lycra leggings that expose the calves, and sneakers with no socks. She made me cold.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
1/3/18 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Suprf1y :

Here in the mid-atlantic city I live in there is one other guy than me like that.  It's kinda funny the rare time it snows and walking through the fresh stuff gives your hairy legs a frozen coat of snow.  Women think you're crazy. laugh

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/18 10:43 p.m.

This was our first day above 20 in about 2 weeks. Mornings have been 7 to 10 degrees below zero with high temps in the low teens. Starting tomorrow we are getting a typical northeaster with blizzard conditions that is dumping a foot of snow or more and then we return to day time high temps of about 9 degrees for a while.  

So what is this problem you speak of it being 58 and a bit of rain?  

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
1/3/18 11:49 p.m.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/4/18 3:36 p.m.

NOT funny eh?

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/4/18 5:36 p.m.

Talked with a friend who was complaining the fact that the reason she moved from upstate NY was to avoid the cold weather.

She was glad she kept her heavy coat and hat.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
1/4/18 5:52 p.m.

The BEST place to buy really Nice High End Leather Coats  Is Key West Pawn shops

My Family moved from Miami to North Georgia in 1961, I love the Mountains but  yesterday I fixed 2 Water lines that burst and a Few Minuets ago I found the Washer line was Frozen (Burst) But Hell It ain't Leaking so I will Fix it Later this week.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/4/18 6:43 p.m.
mad_machine said
 lycra leggings that expose the calves ... She made me cold.

Funny cause that made me hot. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J9OJTLI6gmjQTvS7EvZaVqAnUkXP8LDNrptgH9GMgol6jfIctxEvtC6ipkK0YgGc