1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/29/20 12:01 p.m.
trumant said:

Cool Conquest, but I have a hard time believing its worth more than $4k at best.

I've seen rusty, denteted to hell, beat up ragged out versions advertized for that much.  I can easily see $10K to the right person.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/20 12:56 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

Not an FC... either an FB or SA, I can never remember the distinction between the two. FC's were 86-92. But yeah... seems a bit on the high side.

Clean, original SAs are going for north of $20k.

SA were the steel bumper cars before 1981, FB are '81- up plastic bumper (ugly) cars.  The chassis code changed with the requirement for 17 digit VINs.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
2/1/20 1:18 a.m.

What in tarnation?

1987 Toyota Camry hummer . Engine runs and transmission medium condition maybe needs nurtral switch . Passed smog last year. She's rough on interior , I removed carpet on passenger side and rear. Not water tight .I also have a conversion kit to convert into van cost more dollars. Only one Windshield wipers works . 1967 jeep windshield with overhead wipers . Cheers

$500

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
2/1/20 10:30 p.m.

Yeeess!!!   I'd pay $500 a month to lease that thing!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/6/20 11:12 a.m.

Am I completely out of touch with classic Mustang prices or is this guy on something?  I paid $1500 for Susie (yes, ~20 years ago) and I then drove her 4 hours to home.

Highlights: 

• No title
  • Front half of unibody is removed and on a pallet
  • Rusted out quarter panels
  • Calling it a shell would be generous 

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jacksonville-1964-ford-mustang/7069699969.html

Sidenote: berkeley, I've had my car for about 20 years.  How did I get this old?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/6/20 12:20 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

But it's a 64 1/2!  You can pay extra for a car Ford fixed their mistakes on for 65. 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/6/20 1:31 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Am I completely out of touch with classic Mustang prices or is this guy on something?  I paid $1500 for Susie (yes, ~20 years ago) and I then drove her 4 hours to home.

Highlights: 

• No title

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jacksonville-1964-ford-mustang/7069699969.html

Sidenote: berkeley, I've had my car for about 20 years.  How did I get this old?

My understanding is if  you have a title, original VIN emblem with a rusted out hulk, you can buy all the parts, including the full uni-body, to create a brand new 1965-66 Mustang that can be registered as that year of a car by applying the old VIN number onto the new body.      Not cheap, all in you probably end up over $50,000, but people buy Miata's converted to LS engines and pay that much.   

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/6/20 1:45 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo said:

What in tarnation?

$500

If I had $500 to burn for lulz, I'd buy that and enter it in the next county fair tough truck contest.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
2/6/20 1:57 p.m.
jharry3 said:
Mr_Asa said:

Highlights: 

• No title

My understanding is if  you have a title, original VIN emblem with a rusted out hulk, you can buy all the parts, including the full uni-body, to create a brand new 1965-66 Mustang that can be registered as that year of a car by applying the old VIN number onto the new body.      Not cheap, all in you probably end up over $50,000, but people buy Miata's converted to LS engines and pay that much.   

That's exactly right- for about ~$40,000 right now you can build from the aftermarket a brand-new 1965 Ford Mustang so long as you adapt an old title and VIN to it.

You could avoid all that, if you have it titled as a kit car tho.

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
2/20/20 9:11 a.m.

Wasn't sure where to put this... we've all seen the blacked out license plate... but I present to you: the blacked out radio. No idea why, lol.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/20/20 11:39 a.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

I saw a picture in a FB car listing sometime in the last few days where they had apparently erased whatever was sitting in the cupholder of the car... nothing says, "I'm serious about selling this car and not at all shady" when you can't be arsed to either remove your illegal substances from the car before taking pictures of it AND can't bother to go back and take a new picture when you realize you have them in the original one...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/27/20 12:31 p.m.
MadScientistMatt
2/27/20 1:07 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

I'm speechless.  But it's probably priced right.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/stony-creek-bmw-volkswagen-kit-car/7082886602.html

The Cybertruck's inspiration comes to light.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
2/27/20 6:07 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/stony-creek-bmw-volkswagen-kit-car/7082886602.html

Seems like its one of the projects Robert Riley made up in the 70s. If it wasn't half the nation away I think i'd buy it.

MadScientistMatt
2/28/20 9:29 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Seems like its one of the projects Robert Riley made up in the 70s. If it wasn't half the nation away I think i'd buy it.

There's a lot of cool stuff on that site. This one looks absolutely disco-tastic, in a "Rat Fink would be proud" sort of way. Particularly since Ed Roth was into 3 wheelers too. It uses a 54" rear track width - about what a Miata happens to use...

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/28/20 10:28 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
1988RedT2 said:

Yeah- looks and sounds a lot like a Tri-Magnum with a crappily-done body on it. I agree- were I a bit closer and didn't already have too many things to do on my plate it would be fun to pick up and put a decent body on. I for a time (before I was married :P) considered getting the plans and trying to build one myself...

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
2/28/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Right? I'd love to make some of his plans, and he even links to guys like Ron Will's Turbo Phantom which is REALLY making me think more and more about EV Tadpole cars. I want the future Syd Mead promised us, damnit laugh!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 2:01 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
jharry3 said:
Mr_Asa said:

Highlights: 

• No title

That's exactly right- for about ~$40,000 right now you can build from the aftermarket a brand-new 1965 Ford Mustang so long as you adapt an old title and VIN to it.

You could avoid all that, if you have it titled as a kit car tho.

You'd have to have a title...

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/9/20 1:57 a.m.

Ok, so its not a car and not on CL, but this still stopped me in my tracks:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-School-Pioneer-Premier-DEH-750MP-Cd-Player-RARE-Vintage-1997-Supertuner-III/113947079490?hash=item1a87c67342:g:lUoAAOSwjyddvf-I

I didn't realize that 1997 was considered old school? I graduated high school in 1999 frown

I was looking for 70s car radios not information age consumer electronics.

RARE VINTAGE OLD SCHOOL MASS PRODUCED CONSUMER-GRADE 1990'S RARE VINTAGE CAR RADIO THAT EVERYBODY HAD

stanger_missle
3/22/20 8:11 a.m.

Yes

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
3/22/20 12:50 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

That appears to have vomited, or bled out right there.

stanger_missle
4/1/20 10:13 p.m.
imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/2/20 9:19 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

That looked way better than I thought it would, Still stupid money, knock a zero off the price and it might be fun.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/4/20 10:51 a.m.

Not necessarily delusional, but more in the "Cool, but what do I do with it?" column - a 1984 Trans Am funny car body for $900.

https://janesville.craigslist.org/pts/d/rockton-1984-pontiac-trans-am-funny-car/7094220235.html

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/4/20 11:48 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

$2000 GRM funny car build, naturally.

1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PNDmB3NJeqnA5088yC9oQhrfyjFyjgeo9ZTKrwfVXDzSFMEccgQusnDWw2hZbtvt