1 2 3
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/9/18 12:53 p.m.
Stampie said:

I finally got to try poutine today. I now want to move to Quebec. 

E36 M3s legendary. 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
11/9/18 2:24 p.m.

The best poutine on the planet if from Labelle's in Lachute, Quebec. I hit the place whenever I'm back home for a visit, along with a visit to the local pizza place for a Quebec style pepperoni pizza and a steamed hotdog "avec chou"  at the hole in the wall place by the bank. You may have noticed that none of this is good for a diabetic with heart issues, but screw it.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
11/9/18 2:40 p.m.
Stampie said:

Please tell me there’s is a poutine joint in Florida.  I’m in for a side trip when I’m down that way over Thanksgiving.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
11/9/18 3:01 p.m.
eastsideTim said

Please tell me there’s is a poutine joint in Florida.  I’m in for a side trip when I’m down that way over Thanksgiving.

Well, half the province of Quebec migrates to Florida in November. One of them had to stay and open a poutinerie, Qui ?

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
11/9/18 3:22 p.m.

My introduction to Poutine was at Quebec race tracks.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
11/9/18 3:30 p.m.

A local hipster restaurant/bar has poutine as one of the French fry add ons. I have nothing to really compare it to, but it does meet the basic requirements of fries with cheese curds and gravy. I made the mistake of sharing an order with my wife last night rather then each having our own. Now I want more. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/9/18 4:09 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Stampie said:

We went to Bellwether in downtown Jax. It's not a poutine joint and it seems kinda high end but they let Lil Stampie and I in and it cost us less than $20 including tip.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
11/9/18 4:16 p.m.
Stampie said:
eastsideTim said:
Stampie said:

We went to Bellwether in downtown Jax. It's not a poutine joint and it seems kinda high end but they let Lil Stampie and I in and it cost us less than $20 including tip.

Nice, I may have to time my travel through the area with lunch.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/9/18 4:25 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

If you end up in Orlando,  its touristy as berkeley but Disney springs has a poutine joint and it's pretty damned good. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/9/18 4:51 p.m.

My favorite sandwich/bar place here in OKC has something called the "Big Ass Poutine" that's a bit of "gastropub" version of it. Not at all traditional, but amazing, and lives up to the name of "Big Ass Poutine." It's easily an appetizer big enough for 4-5 people.

French Fries, White Gravy, Over Easy Eggs, Bacon, Cheese Curds, Sriracha

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/9/18 5:34 p.m.

Let me know when you're coming through and I'll meet up with you. My number is F250 with 6003 in the 904 area.

lateapexer
lateapexer Reader
11/9/18 5:59 p.m.

Amazed at the number of references to my hometown of Sharbot Lake. Wilton cheese has the curd market around Kingston, fortunately curd doesn't travel well and has to be eaten quickly while warm.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/10/18 2:33 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:
Mndsm said:

It's not that hard. Get curds. Make fries. Do gravy. Eat. 

The first step tends to be the trickiest. I'm not sure I've seen curds at the grocery store.

Like making elephant soup.  First, you get an elephant...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/10/18 6:52 p.m.
CJ said:
MadScientistMatt said:
Mndsm said:

It's not that hard. Get curds. Make fries. Do gravy. Eat. 

The first step tends to be the trickiest. I'm not sure I've seen curds at the grocery store.

Like making elephant soup.  First, you get an elephant...

Fedexed- in dry ice, from Wisconsin. It's all a matter of how bad you wanna fat kid. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/10/18 8:54 p.m.

What is this "poutine" you speak of? Tell me about it.  I want to know.

Just joking. That was something from a Seinfeld episode many years ago concerning the Three Stooges. Anyway poutine in any form sounds both discusting and ... delicious. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8CaVHvgo0oz73o865sKoFizUNUAmHNPp5q1uvvDU1L4Dp1wDSOumjZOCvFklYGWt